Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned
    Funny that I was posting on here because right afterwards I joined a Hell Chaos, went through the TP RIGHT when the runner put it up and ended up with a 4os War Scythe which is perfect for the Nova Sorc I'm gonna built with Insight and a 6os Giant Thresher which I sold cause nobody seemed interested in it.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychožomatic
    Funny that I was posting on here because right afterwards I joined a Hell Chaos, went through the TP RIGHT when the runner put it up and ended up with a 4os War Scythe which is perfect for the Nova Sorc I'm gonna built with Insight and a 6os Giant Thresher which I sold cause nobody seemed interested in it.
    Nice, PsychoSomatic! The forum gods must be listening. Let us know how the Nova-Insight sorc goes!

Hm, I need a CoA... Maybe if I start a thread on it, I'll find one in my next Chaos game too?

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KremBananX
    Ogre Axes gets only 3 sox and therefor are out of the calculations for Infinity.
    True true... I included them only because the thread was of general applicability to any discussion of A2 mercs and polearms. :smiley: Admittedly, the only runeword which can be made in a 3-socket polearm is Crescent Moon...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WrathTalon
    Nice, PsychoSomatic! The forum gods must be listening. Let us know how the Nova-Insight sorc goes!

Hm, I need a CoA... Maybe if I start a thread on it, I'll find one in my next Chaos game too?
    haha, yeah they must be listening. Time to make a thread for an enigma while I'm at it lol. I just started the Nova sorc, made an Insight with the new pole but its only 15 med :sad2: so...I might try to roll another one. Yeah, all I need now is another gRUSH and I'm ready with the Nova sorc for testing lol.

IncGamers Member
    The reason for this is simple, most people tend to look at max damage first and then compare it to the other stats, or ignore the other stats completely and take the one with the most damage or most often the one with the highest max damage even if the efficiency suffers or the average is lower then other choices.

For example the colossus voulge has a 165 max damage with a 17 min damage, although people prefer to have it over a cryptic axe which has a max of 150, and a min of 33, with 0.5 more average damage. Also most players prefer to see 165 base maximum damage compared to one with 114 (giant thresher)

So, the only real reason why people don't take the other choices is because they prefer the look of raw damage, another example is, why do casters aim for all the gear that gives the most total +to skills, even if it usually means sacrificing almost all their survivibility, (actually the most probable reason to this is because most casters have the mindset: since I tele, i should never get hit, therefore i dont need to have anything that helps me survive)

IncGamers Member
    Hello friends. Newbie question & first post here :grin: . I gave my merc Arioc's Needle(his upgrade from Malice) which dropped in the pit the other day. Is this a good weapon for him or should I try to trade it for basic items like a shako or a homunculus? I have a 3 week old skellimancer that is level 81 and has nothing but a couple of low level runeword items(rhyme and lore), infernostride, venom grip and some resistance gear. Thanks for any input.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkYakuza
    The reason for this is simple, most people tend to look at max damage first and then compare it to the other stats, or ignore the other stats completely and take the one with the most damage or most often the one with the highest max damage even if the efficiency suffers or the average is lower then other choices.
    How true. I once showed my Thresher to a guy whose response was "Looks cool, but has low damage. Why don't you get a CA?" :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by DarkYakuza
    So, the only real reason why people don't take the other choices is because they prefer the look of raw damage, another example is, why do casters aim for all the gear that gives the most total +to skills, even if it usually means sacrificing almost all their survivibility
    Amen. That's why my girl complements her cute little green miniskirt with CoA and Shadow Dancers instead of, say, Griffs and Shadowtreks. Give me 30% PDR and 60% FHR over a little extra damage anyday.

I joined a public game yesterday where the person whas offering HR for a good merc obediance. I figured I could sell on my my eth obediance great poleaxes for that. Both were high ED%, one was near perfect too. They guy looked them both over then said he wanted something with higher damage.:grin: Sure, higher damage and slower WSM and shorter range. I'm not going to try to argue with people in public games, but dude, look it up!

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MageChick
    I joined a public game yesterday where the person whas offering HR for a good merc obediance. I figured I could sell on my my eth obediance great poleaxes for that. Both were high ED%, one was near perfect too. They guy looked them both over then said he wanted something with higher damage.:grin: Sure, higher damage and slower WSM and shorter range. I'm not going to try to argue with people in public games, but dude, look it up!
    Sigh. I feel your pain, MageChick. And if you then tell them that the faster WSM more than makes up for the lower base damage, plus puts monsters in hit recovery more often, plus sets off mods more often, and that a CA is about the worst thing to get, they think you're trying to sell them something...

So I don't even try to set them straight anymore. Let them continue to buy their silly CA's, and sell their nice Threshers and GP's to me for a pittance... :smiley:

IncGamers Member
    For insight I rather that max skill level rather than a better DPS pole with lower skills so it's not the only consideration.