Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by keeperofstars
    Also since both gives an hp bonus based of current hp pools which would be better to bring up first the wolf or the oak sage?

Oak sage at level 20 will give you a 125% Bonus to your life.

Lycanthropy at level 20 Will boost your life by 115%

I would still work on maxin Lycanthropy first though it not only keeps that % of life gained depending on the skill level when shifted but also increases time your shifted time of course. Then you wont be Handicapped from Oak sage gettin killed off.

So yah , Deffinatly max lycan first and make your wolfie fur shine awooo!

IncGamers Member
    For those looking into different helms, I find talrashas' helm is a nice one for this build.

gives
    10% life per hit
    10% mana per hit
    +60 life which when you tag on oak and lyco, you get around 150 bonus hp, so you get 210hp from the helm.
    +15% to all resistance which for hell starts to become key if you are lacking on resist.

Overall with this helm and a few other pieces and without drac's gloves yet, I get around 50%+ life per hit back, with my grief phase I am going 1k so I get 500 hp back times 5 for fury, and I get around 2500 hp back per attack.

IncGamers Member
    Personally, I prefer HoW over Oak, mainly because the life you gain when you've got an Oak Sage with you kind of makes you depend on that extra HP. Whenever it dies I'm going "Uh-oh, I've got at least 1k lesser HP now...".

sry for the OT but kiba ur wolfbarb vid on ur sig is really really cool m8...
    was it expensive?

IncGamers Member
    True about oak sage dying can suck, but it takes .3 seconds to spawn another one. lol

Also i use an offensive merc from nm act 2 which gives just about the same damage incase as HOW so i get best of both worlds. Super high damage and that extra 1k hp which now with me jumping tons of stats into vital, while keeping my block around 50% It gives me closer to 1.5k

IncGamers Member
    ok, what monster or magic is the one causing me to lose wolf shapeshift when around chaos sant. I am assuming it is one of the chaos knights, do we know which one? That way I can always make a run for him first.

Its a real pain to be in the middle of a ton of mobs and then have that debuf hit me and I turn normal with almost no life at all.

Also has anyone found any tricks that help prevent it from happening to begin with.

And just to go on the record lol it sucks / unfair its one thing to lose your aura for a few mins, or lose bone armor / ice armor its another to lose all your abilities and everything you are as a shapeshifter lol.

Oh and one improvement to this build, get a solid charm or piece of gear that does some sort of damage other then poison. the only mobs I run into issues with are poison immune with physical immune but I picked up a magic/cold azurthrath weapon and lay waste to those guys, but fyi the current gear mentioned is mostly posion based which works well cause of the normal physical damage it gives but need other damage to be locked into 100% super killer.

Banned
    uhm smiter own D2 man. but wolfies are cool tomb reaver works better than grief . grief dmg + stormshield = 6k fury tombreaver = 11k dmg

Quote Originally Posted by mpbu mpsu View Post
    uhm smiter own D2 man. but wolfies are cool tomb reaver works better than grief . grief dmg + stormshield = 6k fury tombreaver = 11k dmg
    Smiters die to wolfys fungaled bite.

Now go back and read again plz.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keeperofstars View Post
    ok, what monster or magic is the one causing me to lose wolf shapeshift when around chaos sant. I am assuming it is one of the chaos knights, do we know which one? That way I can always make a run for him first.
    That would be every melee build's all-time favourite curse - Iron Maiden. Check the beastiary on ArreatSummit.

Check under "Oblivion Knight"