Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    IncGamers Member

Re: Taste of what is to come from puma

i thought i'd throw in my 2 cents. now this is an old old old druid build and equipment.

20 werewolf
    20 lycanthropy
    20 fury
    20 oak sage
    xx carrion vine
    jalals mane and the ik set

i never liked the ik set for a barb, so i put it on my druid once and i was really surprised at what he could do. look at the set. resists, stats, CB, elemental damage, damage reduction and leach abilities, to name a few. i would use the oak sage for a distraction to get the mobs off of me. it will last longer than you might think. and the good thing about carrion vine is it doesn't give you xx life, but it gives you xx% life. now at low levels it won't last long. but you won't cast it until you get dead bodies and you need life. cast it, it gives you life, it dies. rinse and repeat. it's the oak sage that you recast and reposition to take command of the fight. now this isn't the best equipment, but don't rule it out for a cheap set of equipment to buy. and since the helm is unique, it can be upped. and i seem to remember having over 4000 life. i'm remaking him again so i'll see how he does.

Carrion Vine is a one point wonder. Also, Coyote uses Hunger. So that build isn't a Coyote >.>

IncGamers Member

Ok, incase anyone would like an update to the drood with the IK set, here goes. i waited till level 76 to equip everything, then i killed baal and went to hell. i wanted to wait till i hit 80 to repost with a SS so you can see the stats i got.

Then the unthinkable happened. diablo spawned in my game, and believe me, it's been awhile since i have killed him and i was shaking. i wanted to get my best guy in here and be done with it, but i thought i would give it a try first with this drood. and omg did he rock. i potted right away till i got set up, potted the merc (he is still wearing a NM treachery (def 400) with a partizan insight) then i looked up and he was already half dead and i'm like wtf? already? the fight just started. then i had trouble with my oak sage dieing and him hitting me while he was dead and between me and the merc i used 11 full rejuvies. then he died.

Besides the set, i have the curio ammy, dwarf star and ravens. i do have extra wasted points into dex cause of a weapon i had equipped and i have extra str, more than the set requires. so if i wanted to respec, i could get myself more str for damage or vitality for life. but as you can see, i have alot of life. when carrion vine hits level 15, it's at 12 right now, it will get me 10% life back, then after that i have no idea where i would put the points. you could try and max it out just to increase it's life. but that's up to you.

the first ss are my stats after i killed diablo clone, the second ss is with a level 9 bo from a cta spirit combo.

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/7...eenshot017.jpg
    http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/8...eenshot018.jpg

Last edited by butcher; 18-07-2010 at 22:57.

BattleTag gothicwolf-2141

Torch of diablo clone ? ^^

IncGamers Member

no, i just wanted everyone to see i did have a torch already which added to my stats and skills. the lower left small charm was the anni he dropped. a pretty bad one. 11/11/9. but hey, that's 11 more than i had before. the second ss is with the anni and torch with the 9bo. just hit 82 and finished the anya quest so i have max lightning and fire now.

oh and remember to stock up those full rejuvies. not only do you have alot of life, your merc does too. mine at level 82 has over 4100 life i believe.

IncGamers Member

I know this is an old thread but first time I read it. I've never built a wolf without CB and would think the lack of it would slow down the kill speed. I do understand the premise for speed and ignoring IM but thought the total lack of it would slow down the build against high HP critters. Also in the past I have shied away from shields on shape shifters with the occasional exception of spirit because of the low block on a monarch. I'm not criticizing in any way just going from personal experience and what I've read. If somebody could explain or just reason it out for me I'd appreciate it.

First round is on me!

D!