Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Pure poison can not kill? Wow! I knew (from when the Conscription ring [-100 life drain] was in my SP despite never being able to use it) that life drain couldn't kill, but poison... Wow!
    What of my merc always dying to poison in town? Is that the physical as well, or just different for mercs?

It´s different for mercs (and minions). Poison can kill them, even in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Drystan
    What of my merc always dying to poison in town? Is that the physical as well, or just different for mercs?
    It's different for mercs. You've still got to be careful though. I've lost a character with one point running back to the wp. A lonely archer fired a single arrow, which hit (deeds). I really did kick myself for losing a char because I didn't want to 'waste' a health potion ...

Also, I think you'll find that rabies can take that last point off.

DelBoy

[hijack]
    Ouch waflob. I wouldn't call that a 'wasted' potion at all. I'd be sucking down 3-4+ potions if that happened.
    Thanks for the info.
    [/hijack]

I promise you the screenshot is genuine. You can see I have no potions left, and the green hue around Alkithoe indicates she's still poisoned. Standing in place with 1 hp is not so bad, just have to be careful not to accidently click any nearby chests/urns, or walk across a wall trap shooting metal spikes. That's why I called it a "controlled poisoning".

Portaling back to that scene with 1 Hp would be the worst move; at least one mummy would instantly emerge from the casket before I could block it, and probably kill me.

I'll admit though, the situation is very uncomfortable. There was an slim chance an unseen unraveller could raise that corpse next to me, which is why I drank all my potions. That bought me enough time to feel secure the mummy would stay dead, so I finished the job. Like jiansonz said, you do NOT want to lose control of a mummy casket. They'll spit out tons of mummies, with no XP or item drops!

edit: Conscription ring, eh? :smiley: Drains your life and forces you into military service! :wink3:

Lol. I didn't notice the green poisoned aura the first time. I was sure poison always could kill.
    I'll admit I didn't look too closely at the pic, just the hp and you standing there, but I really didn't know.

What do you mean by "Block it" in regards to the mummy sarcophagus? You can stop them from emerging?

edit: Conscription ring, eh? Drains your life and forces you into military service!
    Constricting ring? Been so long since I decided to hack one of them to look at it. Heh, I don't even know it's name anymore.

Thanks for that, and teaching me something too. :smiley:

Quote Originally Posted by Drystan
    What do you mean by "Block it" in regards to the mummy sarcophagus? You can stop them from emerging?
    Yes, and that is the only way to defeat them if they produce a mummy faster than you can kill a mummy. Something (character, merc, minion, even a mummy works...) needs to stand on a particular spot (which is quite small and sometimes hard to find).

IncGamers Member
    If you are down to 1 hp, become unpoisoned, then are repoisoned, does that kill you? I've heard people say it does, but I just assumed they were taking a small amount of physical damage from things like throwing potions that those cats throw at you.

Anyone have any confirmed facts?

IncGamers Member
    I remember when I had a PNovamancer on b.net, and I got a friend as a guinea pig to test PNova. I PNova'ed him, let his life drop down to 1, and while he was still poisoned, another PNova finished him off.

Likewise, I remember once I had a b.net sorc that was down to 1 hitpoint, and when Achmel's group was spawned, she was killed when Achmel's 'instant poison if you stand too close' triggered. At that time, she was still far enough for me to be sure that she was not killed by an ice bolt or an unholy bolt, but rather by Achmel's 'poisoning within a certain radius effect'.

IncGamers Member Arreat_mercenary's Avatar
    IIRC, pure poison can't kill on you, as others have appointed, is different for minions/merc. But pure poison can not kill in can make your hp go to 1, but not take that last point off.

So, I take for granted that if you go to 1 hp left, unpoison and re-poison again, it will be the same, pure poison can't kill you.