Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Indeed, this is a fabulous read. Please keep us all up to date

Just Wow!

GG so far, I hope the good luck continues for you.

CB

IncGamers Member
    Seriously awesome. And fun to read. I laughed out loud when I saw the screenshot of you fighting Diablo and saw that your attack damage was listed as "1-2." Against Diablo in NM! Crazy!

By the way, kudos on getting screenshots in the middle of frenzied battle. When I'm surrounded by bad guys like that, I barely have the wherewithal to keep calling up the appropriate skills.

IncGamers Member
    That's amazing!

And here I was, thinking that my Amazon couldn't make it through p8 NM A4 because Lycander's damage was too low :rolleyes:

IncGamers Member
    Just to reiterate what some of the other forumers have been saying... WOW! Keep up the good work!

The Dark Library Disco-neck Ted's Avatar
    Astonishing. And nice screenies!

Your merc will need resists and leech far more than IAS. Gaze socketed with the scintillating jewel of bliss is endgame caliber, and for getting your feet wet in hell, perhaps a basic 4-socket armor with ral, ort, thul, and either tal or another ort will help keep him alive to make a few more levels. This also spares your Um rune or lets you put it into the shaftstop for more resists and %PDR. After that, even a nominal amount of leech on a crafted/cubed/shopped weapon will do. That would be a good defensive set up, but lacks static/crushing blow.

Crescent Moon is a fine weapon, but it doesn't have life leech. Duress would be a better use of the rune, imho.

Good luck. Hell is going to be 99 times worse than NM. If Diablo gets you with bone prison, for example, you'll never punch your way out and 4 potions won't go far against the plbod with -80% resists.

Thanks everybody for your replies. I appreciate your interest. :smiley:

@Disco-neck Ted-- thanks for the gear suggestions. I agree Gaze + scintillating jewel of bliss is excellent. That alone would get merc resists up to 54.

I tested Gaze + Shaftstop combo. Nice! Most notably, the merc suffers far less hit recovery. I know that particular combo is hardly newsworthy, but when you play untwinked and single-pass, it's quite rare.

My original plan was to make Duress or Crescent Moon ASAP, specifically for the Open Wounds to handle PIs. But with the Woestave, I can hold off on that. I swap Mizan's weapons so often that I carry Woestave with me full-time (easy to do when you carry no charms!) So far, I've had him freeze-shatter Fallen and kill PI Stone Skin zombie bosses, and also slow the hurty bosses.

I cleared the Hole, Crypt, and Mausoleum at p5. No luck in finding elite spears/polearms for imbuing, crafting, or re-rolling. Thresher is a popular choice, but I want something with more range. Most of the time, Mizan fights over the shoulder of the valk/decoy. I want to keep him as far from monsters as possible, 4-5 range is good. A Stygian Pike would work.

Gameplay has been tense, but relatively safe. Fanaticism Coldcrow gave me a scare, but after several tries I got her boxed in against a wall with Decoy. Alkithoe hit a new low... in resists! (Don't worry, I ran away before the FE blast.) Notice the reduced defense, down to a lowly deuce! :grin:

I faced my first CELEFE boss, two of them actually. I got hit with a bolt which took off about 500 life. Ouch! But not as bad as I thought. What really surprised me was the low pulse damage from bosses with elemental auras. IIRC it was only around 40 points per pulse. I'll test it later to confirm.

D3 Amazon &
    Demon Hunter Moderator
    BattleTag Dacar92-1368
    I have got to chime in when stuff like this is done with a zon. Congrats on the cool accomplishment! What patience you must have. ...and a sore wrist/hand.

Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
    Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!

IncGamers Member
    Simply amazing, sir, hats off to you! Let's get that next difficulty done... and perhaps after I get 99 I will (attempt to) undertake a similar project myself! Well done!

IncGamers Member
    I know I'm echoing everyone else when I say that's amazing, but, it truly is.

It also makes me laugh because of quotes like these:
    #1 lower the difficulty in single player. it is so high that it is just no fun to play
    and
    are u guys too retarded to realize that if you took enigma away you would have to revert to 1.09 patch since you cant do cow runs to level and walking to baal takes too long. it would make the ratio of sorcs to any other char like 6 to 1, since it would make EVERY other char useless.
    Hah, hah. (See?)