Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

IncGamers Member

I feel so dirty and used (or, "Pimpin' ain't easy")

Well, I've come to the determination that I am not, or ever will be, a "rich" player on bnet. Too many other demands on my time.

So, I've resigned myself to a middle class lifestyle. Enough good gear to equip some classes and to have a good time.

So, I started thinking up legit "get rich quick" schemes. MFing wasn't really getting me many items, I don't want to spend $25 on another CD key to rush myself through hell, and I was having problems unloading (and muling) the crud I did find.

Then the idea hit me - hey, I've got a Tal Meteorb sorc, why not rush people in NM for the forge? The drops should be decent, should be quick (around 15-20 minutes), how hard could it be?

From a gameplay perspective, it's easy as pie. Tele around, kill things quick, open TP, wash, rinse, repeat.

From a rusher perspective - my God, could people get any dumber? I've always thought you'd have to be an idiot to pay your forge to get rushed, and I'm right. If the average Bnetter had the IQ of a tennis shoe, the rushed bnetters are the crud on the bottom of the shoe.

It's not just the newbness, it's the lack of manners, typing and grammar skills, and social skills altogether. I've been called "retard" by the rushed (put an end to that rush in a hurry - WTF? Why on earth would you do that?), told to wait while they shop for LEET gear at anya, attempted forge thefts, begged for gear, the works. Wow.

So far, I've netted some Lems, shaels, Ums, and Guls, plus a ton of pgems, so it's paying off somewhat. But man, it's trying my patience in a big way. And, I feel so dirty and used. Oh well.

If the game isn't fun, don't expect L33t gear to make it fun. If anything, gear that is too powerfull makes the game too easy.

Do what you find fun, don't worry about being wealthy.

IncGamers Member
    That's why I play hardcore, if they annoy me I dirty tp them or kill them. :laugh:

IncGamers Member Frosty_The_Snowman's Avatar
    BattleTag Fab-2857
    Are you playing NL/L, Europe/US, Softcore/Hardcore ? :scratch:

Why not trade organ sets? It's 10x better than mfing. It seems like a lot of people are still really hungup on this magic finding thing.

I run organ sets. It's a good way to consistently get wealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by abbithedog
    Then the idea hit me - hey, I've got a Tal Meteorb sorc, why not rush people in NM for the forge? The drops should be decent, should be quick (around 15-20 minutes), how hard could it be?

So far, I've netted some Lems, shaels, Ums, and Guls, plus a ton of pgems, so it's paying off somewhat. But man, it's trying my patience in a big way. And, I feel so dirty and used. Oh well.
    Am I the only one that is having some troubles understanding this?

IncGamers Member Frosty_The_Snowman's Avatar
    BattleTag Fab-2857

Funny

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnmaster
    Am I the only one that is having some troubles understanding this?
    Indeed, this is surprising. OMGOMG, NM Hellforge can drop GULs !!1!!!

(*goes to b.net to spread the rumour*)

I don't get that either. Can Gul drop in NM at all? Plus, I think it takes more than 15 min to do a NM rush.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerHappy
    I don't get that either. Can Gul drop in NM at all? Plus, I think it takes more than 15 min to do a NM rush.
    It dropped a gul for me, so guess it can!

With an insight merc for endless mana, I can just tele around in a jiffy. Plus, no side quests, bosses only. The layouts aren't random, there's a finite number of "river of flame" layouts, for instance, to get to the forge.

I've got several kinds of keys, but Nili hasn't dropped me one of his at all (I've tried). So I've got incomplete sets, but otherwise I would. Figured this would we something different for a while.

As for fun, for me doing something different and challenging is fun - my end goal is to kill dclone and also get the ubers, so this is a means to the end. Or wait until ladder reset, whichever comes first.

It's East softcore ladder, BTW.