Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    IncGamers Member

Re: Unhandled Exception: Access Violation (c0000005)

Hi, I go the same problem as Pillz when I try to go from act 1 to act 2 I get this error, and I've tryed alot of diffrent stuff now but nothing is working for me. I downloaded it from Battlenet.com so maybe that's the problem? Please get back to me if you got any suggestions what to do about it.
    Sucks being stuck i act 1 normal.. =P

IncGamers Member

UNHANDLED EXCEPTION:
    ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005)

Have it whene I exit a game and join a new gamee :(
    (Windows xp)

IncGamers Member

This problem solved when I everytime I start D2LOD I rightclick on the icon and select run as Administrator =D

IncGamers Member

This was the #1 site on google for this issue. The cross site link earlier in this thread is down now, but I bet it contained this information. I did some research and found a few solutions to this issue Access Violation (c0000005) .
    1. right click on the shortcut and in the compatibility tab select run as administrator and save this setting for all users
    This might resolve your issue. If not
    2. In the Diablo 2 folder run D2VidTst... at the end of the test select the 2d option
    If you are like me and this solved the issue but messed up the graphics then do the next step
    3. Download the Glide3 wrapper, place the dll in the Diablo 2 folder (I also placed it in the system and system32 folder) and then rerun the D2VidTst but this time select the Glide3d option. At this point it resolved my intermittent crashes and increased my frame rate.

Note: I scanned the download for viruses and it came up clean; however that doesn't mean it doesn't have one, isn't one, or do something weird. If someone that understands how it loads the DLL and what the DLL actually contains wants to weigh it, that would be great. That said, it fixed my problem.
    I downloaded it from here:
    http://www.svenswrapper.de/english/downloads.html

Here are details on the download:
    http://www.svenswrapper.de/english/whatis.html

I found the answer posted here:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5639234864

I hope this helps someone

Last edited by Thyiad; 05-06-2012 at 09:04.