Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WildBerry
    Surely there are multiples, but one all-time favourite would include a person who engages in a coitus with female with at least one labour past her. I'd imagine it's not the only one, though. In addition, since we're talking multiples, we're lacking a letter, so it really doesn't apply here - add to that the fact that the word doesn't really sit into the context. Beats me.

Come to think of it, English has so many monosyllables and five-letter words that a word of that magnitude gives me the puzzles. I wouldn't have any trouble guessing even 25-letter words in my first language.

Sorry for the filter-bending in advance. I was just speculating.
    That was more or less my thinking. Also, doesn't the filter leave the non-swear half of the compound word intact?

Mother****er

Yep. The -er ending, too.

In America we have to blame something, usually something that can't defend itself is easiest, so people blame video games.

Quote Originally Posted by htotheh
    games cannot be blamed since all games have ratings, there's not an E rated game where you go around cutting people's head off
    and if someone were to start blaming, it should be the parents that allow 13 year olds to play GTA
    all games might have ratings but those ratings are not enforced which means children have access to adult rated games.

To all the guys that are trying to figure out what 12-letter swearword I used:

Those are just 12 stars, to provoke the idea that there is a swearsequenze underneeth it. (kinda like the stars and lightnings etc when cartoons swear)

I couldn't think of an appropriate bad word, so I just made the impression there was a bad word.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnmaster
    To all the guys that are trying to figure out what 12-letter swearword I used:

Those are just 12 stars, to provoke the idea that there is a swearsequenze underneeth it. (kinda like the stars and lightnings etc when cartoons swear)

I couldn't think of an appropriate bad word, so I just made the impression there was a bad word.
    Oh, I get it. It's kind of like when you need to **** the **** a **** ****ly with cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitboss_2000
    First it was heavy metal, then movies, then games. Some people just need to grow a pair, and admit that they are lousy parents, or that their kid just happens to be a homicidal maniac.

First?
    You're forgetting pinball arcades, comic books, and juke joints to name but a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitboss_2000
    First it was heavy metal, then movies, then games. Some people just need to grow a pair, and admit that they are lousy parents, or that their kid just happens to be a homicidal maniac.
    You forgot D&D.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakha1
    Correlation does not prove causation.
    Precisely. Nobody can say that video games cause violence or that cell phones cause car accidents. At least not with a statistical argument such as those most commonly used. Correlation could even be due to a third factor. One might note that ice cream sales and the crime rate go up and down together and tie ice cream to crime without realizing that higher temperatures during the summer were influencing both the crime rate and the rate of ice cream sales. Correlation between two things doesn't even prove that a relation between them exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokar
    The late 80s was a period of high crime rates in the United States, but from the early 90s onwards crime, especially violent crime, has been in steady decline (despite what the media would have you believe).
    Why?
    Roe v Wade. The decline in crime rate began right around the time the first generation of abortable babies was coming of age. Lower income families have both higher crime rates and higher abortion rates. The crime rate was in decline because a lot of criminals stopped being born.

Quote Originally Posted by dondrei
    You need to take a course in statistics.
    You're smarter than this. Come up with a real rebuttal.

id agree that its the responsibility of the person who buys the games to prevent younger people from playing them, then monitor them when they are old enough, then explain that acting that way in public will probably get you arrested, shot or even killed, thats part of the job description of a parent

in the end its up to the persons conscience to decide if their actions are ok or not
    criminals try to use any reason they can think of as a scapegoat for whatever crimes they commited, before violent games they have been blaming music, tv and movies

in the first lsl games there was a quiz that you needed to pass in order to even play the game, i think that did a good job at restricting younger people from playing, it still works on me :mad:

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by htotheh
    games cannot be blamed since all games have ratings, there's not an E rated game where you go around cutting people's head off
    and if someone were to start blaming, it should be the parents that allow 13 year olds to play GTA
    So if you stick a rating on something it absolves it of influence?