Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

IncGamers Member

Blaming Video Games

The other thread brought this up, so props to Road. We've all heard the stories- people who blame video games and say that they saw X in a game so they thought it was ok or whatever. What do you guys think? Is that an acceptable excuse? Do you think it's true/probable? Is it an acceptable defense?

IncGamers Member
    Maybe for younger kids that are playing GTA games. But you have to ask yourself how did these kids get hold of these games? Parents too cheap to hire a baby sitter so they buy a $50 game hoping it would keep their kids out of trouble? I however don't think there is any acceptable excuse. Even at the age of 12, I understood what death meant.

PS: I advocate parents hit their kids more. This would keep kids out of trouble. Not beating a child, but spanking.

I saw a dog banging another dog so I want to be a pimp. I want to beat ho's, deal drugs and generally be scum of the earth. Dont' blame me, the dog made me do it.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Conservative Inc
    I saw a dog banging another dog so I want to be a pimp. I want to beat ho's, deal drugs and generally be scum of the earth. Dont' blame me, the dog made me do it.
    It works in the courts sometimes, believe it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Module88
    It works in the courts sometimes, believe it or not.
    That's just because people are ************.

Just like that lady that sued some company that sells MicroWaveOvens because she put her cat in one to dry (and you can guess the rest)

I mean, she knew what an OVEN was, and a MicoWaveOVEN just speeds things up, so unless she used to put her cat into her old oven and got it out harmless, I see no reason why she should have put her cat into the MicroWaveOven.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakha1
    Correlation does not prove causation. Do video games make people violent or are violent people naturally attracted to video games?
    Well, I believe some people are more violent than others, and just like movies, alcohol, situations and games, one can react more violently than one normal would.
    But I believe only at that time, it won't have any influence on later behaviour (unless there's something seriously wrong with you)

Normal people wouldn't bash into a school, kill a whole lot of people, only to blame it on some game/movie and declaring they wanted revenge for something.
    That would be like: "I'm gonna start a war with swords, I got the idea in history class in elementary school." That's just plain dumb.

Extra: no offense to the Americans, but most of those weird stories usually occur there...
    To the public here, it seems you can fool anyone with anything and get away with it easily over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnmaster
    That's just because people are ************.
    What filtered word has twelve characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnmaster
    Just like that lady that sued some company that sells MicroWaveOvens because she put her cat in one to dry (and you can guess the rest)

I mean, she knew what an OVEN was, and a MicoWaveOVEN just speeds things up, so unless she used to put her cat into her old oven and got it out harmless, I see no reason why she should have put her cat into the MicroWaveOven.
    The RSPCA might have something to say about putting a cat into any kind of oven...

Quote Originally Posted by dondrei

The RSPCA might have something to say about putting a cat into any kind of oven...
    members of the RSPCA care more about bloody animals than other human beings, silly buggers.

Quote Originally Posted by dondrei
    Surely there are multiples, but one all-time favourite would include a person who engages in a coitus with female with at least one labour past her. I'd imagine it's not the only one, though. In addition, since we're talking multiples, we're lacking a letter, so it really doesn't apply here - add to that the fact that the word doesn't really sit into the context. Beats me.

Come to think of it, English has so many monosyllables and five-letter words that a word of that magnitude gives me the puzzles. I wouldn't have any trouble guessing even 25-letter words in my first language.

Sorry for the filter-bending in advance. I was just speculating.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Conservative Inc
    Hahah. One can also argue that they saw 24 and now want to hurt scums of the earth. Don't blame them. Blame Jack Bauer.

Sure, blame Jack. You don't even know Jack! Mine's a better comparison anyway. It offends the sensitive