Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hard times..

BattleTag Breezy1189-1970
    Well it seems that normal baal has the best chance to drop a few good items for me. Having no magic find this is a pain in the arse. I dont want to do 500k normal baal runs for a exceptional weapon. Im going to reformat my computer again... after just doing it 2 weeks ago. Hardware problems I guess. Once I reinstalled windows xp and run baal for a bit ill post back later today and let you know if it helps.

OT: Does any one know anything about windows vista? Im running windows xp professional and always like to keep updated.

IncGamers Member
    Actually having less MF will mean you have a better chance for socketed items to drop.

Baal himself won't drop any 3 socketed exceptionals, it will be his minions or the creatures in the WSK that drop these.

I imagine it shouldn't take too terribly long to find some sort of exceptional sword to make a better King's grace.

For more MF you could remove your current helm (69 def is doing nothing for you) and replace it with a 2 or 3 socketed helm with Topaz in it.

edit:
    Hmm. I did a bit of research, and it turns out that most exceptional one-handed swords can't spawn with 3 sockets.

The only exceptional 1h sword that can spawn 3 sockets are: Dimensional Blade, Rune Sword, Battle Sword, Ancient Sword.

It IS possible to find the Dimensional Blade in Act 5 Normal.

The Battle Sword can drop anywhere from NM den of evil onwards.

The Rune Sword really dosn't drop until mid-late NM Act II, and the Ancient Sword drops a bit later than that.

So it may actually be pretty difficulty to find a 3 socketed exceptional sword at the point of the game where you are currently at.

On the other hand, Normal Baal is capable of dropping several exceptional uniques that would be quite useful to you i.e. Butcher's Pupil, Headstriker.

So it still may be a good idea to run Baal, but the 3 socket exceptionals are probably not going to be so plentiful as I'd originally thought.

Good luck!

Thanks normal baal running it is. Maybe ill get addicted and level my pally to like 60 and equip some better items overall. Can any one give me a atma readout of hand of zakarum if any one happens to have it. I would check the websites but my computer is being a pain in the a$$.

OT: Still trying to find info on windows vista.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungDbl
    OT: Still trying to find info on windows vista.
    I think there's an open beta for download but you'll have to wait for some time to get the "final" version.

IncGamers Member
    imho, all melee chars are really hard to start with on a realm. i learned that the hard way with my first char in .09. i finally made it to hell meph with ferocious cb i bought and cubed myself with shael/shael/eth. it took like 2 weeks to get that far.

now i always start with a blizz sorc, and i have enough weapons to start new chars in less than 2 days.

I like to play untwinked. What fun is a character with a full gear equip just laying around waiting. Most likely I will run baal and change all my equipment.
    Still looking for a atma readout on the hand of zakarum if any one can supply me with one please.

OT: the beta version of windows vista is downloadable? From where and does it work as a whole windows program like windows xp pro or is it just a try it out and take a tour then get your windows back to normal.

IncGamers Member
    Still looking for a atma readout on the hand of zakarum if any one can supply me with one please.
    Here it is. It may take you quite a while to find one untwinked tho:

Herald of Zakarum
    Gilded Shield
    Defense: 444
    Chance to Block: 72%
    Smite Damage: 20 to 28
    Durability: 29 of 50
    (Paladin Only)
    Required Strength: 89
    Required Level: 42
    Item Version: Expansion
    Item Level: 90
    Fingerprint: 0x68dfc10c
    +20 to Strength
    +20 to Vitality
    +163% Enhanced Defense
    +30% Increased Chance of Blocking
    All Resistances +50
    +2 to Paladin Skill Levels
    30% Faster Block Rate
    20% Bonus to Attack Rating
    +2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)

Wrong item :lol:. Im actually looking for the hand of zakarum weapon. That should be a little easier to find then a hoz. Thanks anyways though.

OT: windows vista beta download link any one? And does it upgrade your current windows or is it just like a tour?

Banned
    Wrong item :lol:. Im actually looking for the hand of zakarum weapon. That should be a little easier to find then a hoz. Thanks anyways though.

OT: windows vista beta download link any one? And does it upgrade your current windows or is it just like a tour?
    Windoze vista is a full beta. lasts for 30 days and then you are back to square 1. So if you upgrade to vista at some point you will have to downgrade back to xp. There are compatability issues with D2 and Vista. GL if you try it. As far as where to DL it from, try M$ download page.

IncGamers Member
    Ohhhh .... right, right.

Zakarum's Hand
    Rune Scepter
    One-Hand Damage: 38 to 70
    Durability: 33 of 50
    Required Strength: 58
    Required Level: 37
    Mace Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
    Item Version: Expansion
    Item Level: 90
    Fingerprint: 0x9abc6d33
    +193% Enhanced Damage