Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameLeft View Post
    Ok, i'll test it, dont know why it should be too slow though. 80% ias. Thanks for answering.:smiley:
    Because crossbows are inherently much slower than bows. Even a "fast" crossbow like the Buriza is slow compared to average bows.

Personally, I use a ShaelShael Witchwild String (not upped) for my LF/FA zon, mainly for the resists. Lycander's would probably be better for all the +skills, but my resists suck so much that I need the WWS.

It seems that whatever I do, though, my zon dies a lot all the time. She's an excellent Pindle runner, but she sucks at the WSK compared to my necro (also courtesy of the great Nightfish).

IncGamers Member
    Ok Thanks for the information. I'll try to get a pretty good Melody.

IncGamers Member
    sorry to bump this but was wondering how well this build is from scratch with no twinking.Can it beat the ws k and baal with say full clears of all three norm nm and hell with no reruning areas for items?what do you think fish doable?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuf View Post
    sorry to bump this but was wondering how well this build is from scratch with no twinking.Can it beat the ws k and baal with say full clears of all three norm nm and hell with no reruning areas for items?what do you think fish doable?
    It should be doable, but you will probably be hurting for resists.

Banned
    I made one once and it wasn't really very enjoyable. The lack of untwinked mana leech makes you drink pots horror! and I eventually ended up making a sorc just to farm meph for gear. It is certainly doable however, just don't except it to be as easy as a fishy for example.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cow King View Post
    I made one once and it wasn't really very enjoyable. The lack of untwinked mana leech makes you drink pots horror! and I eventually ended up making a sorc just to farm meph for gear. It is certainly doable however, just don't except it to be as easy as a fishy for example.
    I agree with the Cow King. It rocked through NM (I went with FA first) as I was lucky enough to find a kuko which meant I had 100% pierce, but took a serious downturn in Hell. I think an FA zon would be a great character to farm NM Meph though, twinked or untwinked. I will make another one oneday, but only when I have some uber twinking gear (read: ICE bow).

You shouldn't be sorry for bumping threads, after all, that's what they're for: discussion and questions.

As for the actual question: Well, it's been a while since I've done it, but I have little doubt that this is one of the better untwinked builds. Generally, the builds that are hard to do untwinked are those that rely on %ED because getting a weapon with good base damage is pretty hard. Well, hard compared to what you need to get skill based skills up to a decent level.

Now, of course it is harder (or rather: slower) to do untwinked than twinked. And you may need to use a potion or two, but personally I don't have a problem with that.

Oh yea, and do put the focus on the javelin skills, not the arrow skill. As in: use the bow skill for what's immune to lightning, not the other way around.

@Nightfish: doing anything for the postcount right :wink3:

welcome back though, as I've not seen you for some time now

Randall

IncGamers Member
    @ Nightfish: What stat point allocation do you suggest for untwinked play?

IncGamers Member
    Here's something I'd like to add to this guide in regards to the mercenary section.

For a while now, I've given up on Defiance mercs, especially in builds where you can be a glass cannon and dish the offense out while your merc serves as more of a pylon than anything else.

Instead, I've moved towards Prayer mercs--yes, prayer mercs. I built an Amazon up around Nightfish's concept illustrated here and have absolutely loved the change. In the WS K I find that my merc takes hits quite frequently from magic and things that ignore Defense, so instead, I decided to get him life regen.

I personally almost always use the Insight polearm for my merc. The meditation aura that it provides stacks with the merc's innate prayer aura, and both will be on at the same time, giving you dual effect. Depending on your pacing through areas, you may never have to drink a potion again.