Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Guide: WS K Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by Animation View Post
    If I switch out to thundergod's vigor (I'm using an upped Goldwrap now) will that help me? I dont have a ton of magic find, so if I would only have 93% magic find (with my upped Goldwrap, I have 123%).
    It seems the extra MF doesn't get much use, as the gloams promptly chase you out Unless your runs are consistent, do not bother with MF. You did well switching to TGods.

Quote Originally Posted by Animation View Post
    OH and in case it matters, my gear is WWS and Titans/Stormshield for weapons (pdiamond in stormshield). Tal Rasha headgear with ptopaz (24% MF). Smoke in Loricated Mail. Upped Goldwrap. Crescent Moon amulet. Raven Frost. Generic 15 resist all ring. Lava Gout. War Travellers (36% MF). Gheeds (28% MF). MF charm (5%). And lots of resistance charms.
    I suspect even a very short gambling session would improve your gear by miles. Your damage comes from +skills and pierce!

First of all, ditch the WWS. This bow is mediocre even on builds it was "designed" for (Strafers, MS-zons). I know it has resists, but you can fix them in slots where getting +skills would be far more expensive. Try e.g. Kuko, it drops every now and then, has +3bow skills and 50% pierce, which gets you to 99% with mere +3 to passive tree.

Note that you barely do any physical damage to leech from. This means your amulet is about as good as +45 to mana. Try gambling a rare with +1zon skills and some resists. Getting gloves with +2bow/something useful is also doable. You can use Enchant from Demon Limb - it has higher level and lasts the entire run, which makes the charges affordable. Use some lower level character to gamble boots with FRW and dual resists if needed. This takes a little longer, but it can be done. As for the helm, discount the leech and compare with other choices..

@strategy: the key moment is to shoot groups of gloams before they spread out to multiply your damage through piercing. A well placed Decoy makes them shoot rather than reposition. Take one step to the side (to get away from the merc-gloams axis) and take them out. You cannot freeze them as Greebo suggests (Hell gloams have 0% chill effectiveness), but you can certainly kill them..

Okay, so I Matriarched (my first Mat) her a few nights ago and have started WS K runs. She's already paid off as far as I'm concerned, finding a Griffon's in WS K and a Lo in the Pit last week. Fun stuff! Anyway, I have some feedback, comments and general thoughts:

The Ancients were a cinch once I switched out Insight for a Hone Sundan. I had been really clinging to Insight for much of her game, but when battling bosses you're CSing which is much less mana-intensive than LF/FA, so it works fine. Kelpie vs. Baal is also awesome, but we should all know that.

I played around with the Griffon's but I just didn't like the mana deficit it left me with. I was potting every few seconds, even with Insight. Fury killed quickly, but it kills quickly anyway, so I went back to Shako. She's easy on the eyes in Griffon's though. You use Griffon's, don't you Nightfish? Do you socket up a bunch or Tirs/MPK jewels or something?

Also, shout-out to Wizendraw. I played with a +6 Melody Mat for a while, but again I was struggling with mana. I put a Shael in my -32 Wiz (a -34 one dropped shortly after socketing it, of course), and find this kills WS K Lightning immunes at pretty well the same rate, and is much less mana-intensive if you're having problems with that.

Anyway, again, really fun build.

Quote Originally Posted by Entwilighter View Post
    You use Griffon's, don't you Nightfish? Do you socket up a bunch or Tirs/MPK jewels or something?
    Probably. Shako is just too damn ugly so I try not to use it if at all possible. I don't have my saves handy to check, though. To be honest, the griffins makes no real difference in terms of efficiency. Once everything dies almost instantly it's hard to improve beyond that.

Offhand I know I socket Ort Runes in armour if I need more LR, PTopaz if my MF is under 200 and if neither of those applies I use a plain Ruby.

I never used mana per kill things on my zon beyond what came naturally on gear. Then again, I'm not too lazy to pick up and use blue pots if I cannot / will not use an insight merc.

IncGamers Member

This is a fantastic build. I switched over my furyzon in A2 Hell once she hit that brick wall called the Maggot Lair filled entirely of LI scarabs, and luckily I'd had a Wizendraw drop for me already. Not only did I clear that stuff with ease, but I took a side trip into the Ancient Tunnels afterward, and one of the first things to drop was a +3 skill 3 OS Mat. bow! Of all the luck, huh?

BattleTag Sigh-1856

After reading this guide last week I've got a Lv. 78 'Zon and it's pretty much the fastest-killing most BA character I've played. Lightning Fury = 15 dead creatures. On players 8. One click.

GJ

IncGamers Member

Nightfish,
    Do you prefer this build running the WSK over a necro or any others?

Im looking to make a WSK runner as i just started Single Player and i am debating this or a necro

Both work fine. It's more of a preference thing. I could probably think of at least 10 builds that all do a pretty good job of it.

BattleTag Sigh-1856

Just out of curiosity, what level/how many +skills are you at? I feel like my killing speed is much lower than it should be, but I'm not sure if it's because I don't have 'enough' or because I was expecting WSK to be a cakewalk :P

My gear is the standard Titan's/Shako/Razortail, gloves are +2 bow / 20 IAS, Highlord's Wrath instead of Mara's, using Lycander's Aim until 3os bow drops.

I'm at slvl28 while wielding javelin, 30 while wielding the box. Lightning Fury works as advertised but the bow is sooo slow - is melody that much of an improvement or was I just expecting too much from FA?

IncGamers Member

Have you tried a Wizendraw? It'll increase your damage substantially if enemy resists are your problem.

No, FA is not on par with one of the Top5 skills of D2. Obviously. If it were, that would be the cookie cutter skill. The mindset you need when you look at FA is "What is the best thing I can have to kill LIs?". The answer is: FA by a landslide. Also, try using LF was 3-4 targets. It is not going to be as fast as FA vs 3-4.