Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    EL BUMPO!

This needs to be on the front page! I've had a LOT of fun with this build. Great stuff!

Quick question, since I dont have a griffons, have you noticed significant kill speed increases with it once you attained it?

It's not as big as the difference between a regular ribcracker and the upgraded version. Most notable difference is that baal melts a little faster. Lightning fury was pretty strong already and there is no real difference there. The biggest change is that my zon doesn't look stupid anymore (so long shako!).

nice guide

IncGamers Member
    Nice guide Nightfish.

The elusive stone of jordan is the perfect item for our fledgling amazon but that might not be available to you. Rare rings with resis, life and mana are nice, too. Dwarf Star is also an interesting alternative, it gives 40 life and 100% gold find which is a welcome addition on our runner. Natureís Peace can be interesting for the rest in peace mod
    I noticed under rings part of your gear selection used no mention of ravenfrost, which is often glued to an Amazon' finger. Also I see no other mention of CBF items. Did you use ravenfrost or any CBF items? If not, what was your rationale and how effective was that when battling cold enchanted enemies, especially gloam boss packs?

I do not use any source of CBF and have never had any problems because of that. It's not like I died if I turn blue which doesn't even happen very often. It is just a matter of perspective. I get the feeling that people just use it becaues they always use it. Anything non-LI does before it even gets close enough to freeze me. Granted, a CE gloam pack can hit me but being slightly slowed is no problem. I mean, if it was that big of a deal people would cry more over holy freeze enchanted monsters. OKs decrep will also slow you. Sometimes you just gotta grit your teeth and roll with the punch.

IncGamers Member
    Just a thought, but could this double as a WS K runner and a runner of Cows?

I've been thinking about making a Cow runner for a while now and if I could have one char who did both areas... well, it'd be a lot easier

For cows I'd get a blizzard sorc. I briefly tried this build there but to be honest I wasn't too happy about the performance compared to my icy sorceress. Might be different if you have a perfect griffon's eye and some rainbow facets to bring down the cows resistances.

I've actually started one of these and noticed something. Nothing important but...

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfish
    Javelin Skills:
    20 Lightning Fury
    20 Charged Strike
    6 Prerequisites

Bow Skills
    20 Cold Arrow
    20 Freezing Arrow
    1 Prerequisite

Passive & Magic Skills
    1 Pierce
    2 Prerequisites

Thatís a total of 86 Skillpoints which leaves a few points to customise the build. More on that later. Hereís why we use the main skills I mentioned:
    Shouldn't it be 5 prerequisites in the javelin skill tree and a total of 89 points for the build?
    20 (LF) + 20 (CS) + 5 (pre.) + 20 (CA) + 20 (FA) + 1 (pre.) + 1 (Pierce) + 2 (pre.) = 89

Yes. 10 chars.

Very nice guide Mr Fish (or I believe it is Sir Nightfish now?)

I wish this had come out before I started my Javazon. I pumped up the Valk to like 17 and started placing points into strafe. I figured I found a darn Buriza and I should use it. This sounds much better and I really would like to have another WSK runner to help my Fishy when he gets there. Oh well, can always make a second one.

I'm with you, I like to have several MF characters to keep it interesting.

Thanks for another quality guide. Keep them coming!