Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    Ghost stories are the bomb. A well-told one excites and frightens you like nothing else.

Banned
    Only wimps are scared of ghosts.

Banned
    i beg to differ. try having 1 popping in your face

IncGamers Member
    hey superdave, how's it going?

very interesting spook experience. that was a good read. thanks!

doesn't sound like a ghost experience to me. like someone else said above it sounds like a demonic/diabolical presence. THAT IS NOT GOOD. i would recommend stopping by at your nearest church and asking for a vial of holy water and sprinkling it all over the basement, better yet, all over your house. the next time you should find yourself in that situation make sure you are equipped. have a holy bible with you and make sure you have bookmarked Psalm 91 that is the ultimate prayer of protection.

IncGamers Member CutterTheNutter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superdave
    ...i swear that dog didn't know whether to crap or wind it's watch....
    damn mate, your use of words made me wet myself not the haunting!!!!!

IncGamers Member
    I enjoy the phrase "...you don't know whether to sh** or go blind".

Quote Originally Posted by raffster
    hey superdave, how's it going?

very interesting spook experience. that was a good read. thanks!

doesn't sound like a ghost experience to me. like someone else said above it sounds like a demonic/diabolical presence. THAT IS NOT GOOD. i would recommend stopping by at your nearest church and asking for a vial of holy water and sprinkling it all over the basement, better yet, all over your house. the next time you should find yourself in that situation make sure you are equipped. have a holy bible with you and make sure you have bookmarked Psalm 91 that is the ultimate prayer of protection.
    hey raffster...it's going. stick around...this place is more fun with you contributing.

psalm91...isn't that the one that says that everyone around you will take an serious asskicking but the angels will save your bacon because you acknowlege the lord's name?

the exorcist was one of the very few movies that ever scared me...i will look into that holy water suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by D.K.night
    I enjoy the phrase "...you don't know whether to sh** or go blind".
    a couple of my current favourites?

"you don't know your *** from a hole in the ground" and "he grinned like a fox eating s*** out of a wire brush"

A couple of posts have reminded me of this.

When I was about seven I borrowed a book on ghosts from the "big library". In the centre were about a dozen pages of photographs of haunted locales, the famous ectoplasm photos that Arthur Conan Doyle was into, and a few photos claimed to be of ghosts. Out of those photos two stuck in my head and one in particular fascinated me simply because it had a physical effect on me every time I saw it. Despite the fact I can't remember anything else about this book, I still clearly remember this second photo.

Both photos were taken inside of a medieval church in England. The first showed a blur, on the stairs leading up to the altar, I at first dismissed it as being a dog, or perhaps as someone kneeling, that had run into frame until I realized that if that were the case there would have been a horizontal blur across the length of the photo. Whatever it was it was about the size of a large dog.

It is the second photo that interests me here. It was the same church (I think) and the photo was taken from a similar angle, between the pews, at least 6-7 rows back from the altar. At the base of the steps to the altar stood a thin hooded figure draped in dark robes. The caption said the figure was almost 8 feet tall. The Christian concept of the Grim Reaper obviously comes to mind with such images, but this always made me think more of the stereotypical Druid.

I brought this up because two people in this thread have mentioned something similar. It makes me wonder what the origin of such an apparition could be.

Christians don't have a monopoly on ghosts and demons or the methods of protection from, and destruction of, them. Every religion offers protection from the supernatural and have done so for more than 5000 years. There is no reason Psalm 91 would offer any more protection than a Sumerian or Egyptian amulet or prayer.

IncGamers Member
    I always find it interesting that hauntings are automatically associated with Christianity. Do other religions have exorcism-type rituals and such? I never hear about them but I imagine they would exist. Enlighten me oh great OTFers.

As for ghosts and the like I'm one of those that wants them to be real but forces myself to remain skeptical. Although I have had an experience or two and have def become of the mind that such things do exist. In exactly what capacity and how many haunting stories are true I remain undecided about. Your story SuperDave, I believe. It is entirely possible that this was a one time occurrence, especially considering the length of time you have lived there without other experiences. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

And for anyone looking to see some crazy ghost type things- try shrooms. My sister had an hour long conversation with death once. As in, he was sitting in the chair next to her talking to her... unless you were someone else in which case she was talking to an empty chair. Drugs are bad, mmmkay?

Edit: I guess Sokar was thinking along the same lines as I was.

Quote Originally Posted by dondrei
    Thanks a lot guys. Last night I couldn't sleep and I was listening to all these weird noises I never usually notice and I kept thinking about these damn scary ghost stories. You owe me a new mattress.
    hahaahhah!!! lmao... :cry: i shouldn't be laughing... that happened like all last night for me, when i was showering and lookin at the mirror when brushing my teeth (poltergeist 3...thingy with the mirror *sshuttterrrsss*), then while going to bed...