Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dondrei
    D&D? HAHAHAHAHA!!! You should've cast your Turn Undead spell on the light bulb.

Hey, we all have those things that are embarrising, and sometimes...well, nerdy. Dont any of you guys even try to deny that .

Quote Originally Posted by MegaFlame
    Why don't you buy a new house? If you're bold then ghosts won't scare you but if they do then it'd be better to move out.
    screw that..it's paid for.
    ...and if things get real bad i know a young priest...it's been years since i have witnessed a good exorcism...how hard could it be to find an old priest to help out? "the power of christ compels you!"

Quote Originally Posted by superdave
    would i be dating myself if i said that i first started playing chainmail...the game created by gygax and perron, 3 years before the release of d&d? i have one of the few(well worn) 1st print runs of d&d...i think it was from way back in /74....since then i have played basic, expert and ad&d...1st and 2nd editions....i haven't pick up any 3rd editions d&d books....all of my buddies outgrew the game or moved away so i didn't see any point in playing anymore.
    Yes, you would be dating yourself.

That's cool though. I didn't play chainmail but I have played everything except 3.5. I, too, outgrew the game I think.

Good story though.

IncGamers Member

Nope

There isn't such a thing as a house being haunted. Ghosts do not exist, objects down move, people don't get hurt for no reason in a house! Everything has an explanation. Creaking floor, squirrel on the roof, etc. I will never believe that stuff until it ultimately happens to me in a big way. Until then... BOOOOOOOOOOO!

IncGamers Member
    Those of you completely denying the even possible and remote existance of the supernatural are deluding yourselves. You just wait till it happens to you, then you'll be a believer, muhahahah.

Now my turn for a ghost story. This one happened to me a few years ago, when I was single, and living in the basement of my mom's house.

Things were not going well at the law firm I worked for. Boss hated my guts for not staying late every night and working through weekends, I was getting burned out from the stress and pressure, he loved his pet blonde employee, who regularly asked for his permission if she'd be allowed to leave the office to go jog or workout. Tons of stress-related sores in my mouth(from biting my lip whilst eating, ouch) later, I came home and collapsed into bed.

Sometime past midnight, my eyes flicked open, suddenly awake with a start. I sensed a presence nearby, and turned my head to look to my left...

Standing mere inches away from my bedside was a dark, hooded, faceless figure. There was only blackness under it's hood. I was terrified, unable to speak, but only for a second. Somehow panic gave way to rage...my right hand closing into a clenched fist - and swung as hard as I could at the intruding apparition...

...and met with only thin air. As quickly as figure appeared, it departed. Startled, I fell back into bed, sweating, bracing myself against the side wall. Swallowing, I eventually lay back down and went back to sleep.

I was fired a week later.

Today I look back on the experience and laugh. I am now in a much better place professionally and personally - with my own wedding on the way. I now believe that - whatever it was - it was trying to warn me, but I was too blind to see and too deaf to heed.

hmm...

i have had a few experiences in my life...nothing definative...etc...

1) 11th grade had tons of sleep paralysis experiences...went on for like 1-2 months (i had like 50-80 episodes this year alone)...i also had a fair number of sleep paralysis episodes in college (maybe 50-60 times in 4 years) and even less in the work world (20-30 times in the last 5 years)...

the weird thing is the ones i had in high school were very very different from the ones i get infrequently now (....always happens when i have a great deal a stress + lack of sleep; so i will attribute them to that...)

in HS i got these weird ones...the very first time...i saw a red glow around my chest/torso region..a very very faint red glow...and i couldn't move...everytime i tried my body burned in pain...like i was punished for trying to escape....in anycase i was furious and kept trying to break free....i woke up thinking i was going insane....

later one my sleep paralysis included my upper jaw was right next to my lower jaw (physically impossibly cause this was the first thing i tried to recreate when i broke free)...and my teeth felt like they were pushing soooo hard against one another they were going to pop right out...

my very last episode in high school was sooo unerving..i could have swore i heard a little girl whisper into my right ear "im sorry" or something like that....i freaked out......even though i was stuck...but after taht my sleep paralysis have never been like it was in HS...

I have been told i spasm...and my body shakes....i can tell it is happening...but i can't do anything about it...i try to call out for help..but i end up barely making a sound....

now i just sleep on my side...i can no longer sleep on my back anymore because of the numerous experiences....

sheesh Garion...That is friken frieky. I haven't had any thing of these sorts... Just that I was scared of the dark until i was 12 or 13 (lol i almoast 16 right now, doing fine tho now). That was because my older brother (by 3 years) would constantly scare the crap out of me by waking me up and grinning with his eyes wide open, and lock me in dark rooms when i was younger. :embarassed:

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoKnowsHammers
    There isn't such a thing as a house being haunted. Ghosts do not exist, objects down move, people don't get hurt for no reason in a house! Everything has an explanation. Creaking floor, squirrel on the roof, etc. I will never believe that stuff until it ultimately happens to me in a big way. Until then... BOOOOOOOOOOO!
    google for some popular haunted places around the globe

then go to those places

then come back

Quote Originally Posted by BoKnowsHammers

Are you saying you haven't had one of those experiences were something happens that you have no clue what happened, and it just scared the living **** out of you? Well then you're either full of that stuff that "hasen't" gotten scared out of you... or just haven't had it happen (*thinks of how that would be physically possible*)

Thanks a lot guys. Last night I couldn't sleep and I was listening to all these weird noises I never usually notice and I kept thinking about these damn scary ghost stories. You owe me a new mattress.