Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Yeah, I know about that. Doesn't explain why his room was freezing at the time when the rest of the house was normal temperature. Also doesn't explain why he says he never experienced it before or since.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by superdave
    i guess i should clear up one thing first...i am a sceptic....i have never subscribed to a belief in the "otherworldly"...in fact i have always been cynical of other's beliefs when it comes to spooks, poltergiests or ghostly apparitions
    me too, that said, here is my ghost/wtf just happened? story

About 2 years ago I get home from wrestling practice and pig out at dinner because Im an idiot. Unfortunately, I have a tournament the next day and I was only a pound underweight after practice. So I do my homework, shower, etc.. Later that night about 11:30 I realize that I am going to be like 2 pounds overweight so I decide to go for a run. At the time I lived in Hawthorne, NY, home of one of the most popular cemetaries in the country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cemeter...Gate_of_Heaven

I live about half a mile from the cemetary and it kind of wraps around my town. So I decide to make a left out of my driveway to avoid the cemetary at first. I run for about 2 miles and I realize im not sweating that much. Really pissed off at this point. Should have went to the pharmacy down the street to grab some ex-lax. Anyway, I reach the cemetary and I either make a left up a hill to avoid it or keep going straight. There is a wide road that runs through the cemetary and I was feeling lazy so I run through it. About half a mile in I see something out of the corner of my eye on the right side. The cemetary in this area is on a hill. On the left is up hill and on the right is dowhill. I look over to where I saw the movement on my right. About 100 feet away is a house in the middle of the cemetary where I guess they do the cleaning of the bodies and whatever else they do before burial. There is a lamppost right in front of the house. But Im focused on something in between me and the house. I dont know about other cemetaries but here there are alot of statues above graves and memorials. I'm looking at this one statue and I dont know why it doesnt look right. So I stop running. This is when my mind starts playing tricks on me. I peel my headphones off and Im squinting at the statue when the light above the house goes out and all of a sudden the statue moves 10 feet closer to me. It was like something out of the Shining but for the split second I looked up at the light flickering out the statue really moved! It still gives me chills just typing about it today. I turned around and ran about as fast as I could down the middle of the road and put Rob Zombie back in my ears. I stopped once I reached the mall before my house that was well lit and asked my self, what the f*ck? I jogged the rest of the way home and fell asleep pretty easily just out of exhaustion.

I had a laugh about it the next day with my friends at the tournament and they told me I was being a *****. I got out of the tournament at about 5 and it was still light out so I drove by the cemetary in the same exact spot where I had been the night before. In front of the house. The light was on early and there was no statue where I'de seen one the night before. There was no statue in that whole section of the cemetary!

My father always told me stories about how he would have to walk 4 blocks through a cemetary in Brooklyn every night after work and how he would see lots of things. He is very religious and claims he was never scared by them but just there are forces out there which we dont undertstand. But they are defintely out there.

edit: just to clarify what the "statue" or whatever the hell it was looked like, it was about 10 feet tall and slender with a robe and a hood... ya i know "grim reaper" but thats really what it looked like, also because I couldnt see it that well because the light was in my eyes all i could see was the outline really

double edit: I say "here is my ghost/wtf just happened? story" because that is the only story I got, nothing like this has ever happened to me before or since

IncGamers Member
    But a drastic lowering in temperature is not a sign of ghosts. Countless investigations into the paranormal have confirmed this. And I don't think there've been a case where dogs were intimidated by ghosts. Therefore, it is highly unlikely that you have ghosts in your home.

However. A drastic reduction in temperature and dogs being intimidated are signs of demonic presense.

I'm sorry.

Look into an older book by the title of "The Demonologist."

Quote Originally Posted by YogiRat
    Whis. Acid maybe :rolleyes:
    no lsd or shrooms...a piss test would confirm

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboy
    Countless investigations into the paranormal have confirmed this.
    i think that the countless investigations have proven only one thing.:rolleyes:

However. A drastic reduction in temperature and dogs being intimidated are signs of demonic presense.

I'm sorry.
    very interesting theory...maybe this is no coincidence....that room is the one used in my teen years to play dungeons and dragons...all of my paraphernalia is still there...a scuffed chalk outline of a pentagram is still visible on the cement floor.
    i don't think you have reason to be sorry....if a demonic presense is responsible, it must be of the benign sort...it did turn the light for me...i am sure, that as i made my way into the room to locate the pull cord i would have tripped over my daughter's toboggan left on the floor directly in my path.

these stories make me laugh.

IncGamers Member
    But a drastic lowering in temperature is not a sign of ghosts. Countless investigations into the paranormal have confirmed this. And I don't think there've been a case where dogs were intimidated by ghosts. Therefore, it is highly unlikely that you have ghosts in your home.

I'm sorry.

Look into an older book by the title of "The Demonologist."
    Hmmm, being a weekly watcher of the Ghost Hunters show that is not true according to them. They are constantly monitoring and watching for significant drops in temperature to associate with a possible supernatural presence. It is not specific to just demonic possession. TAPS approaches everything with the goal of trying to debunk the hauntings of places by using scientific equipment and means. They do everything they can to show "rational" causes for supposed hauntings. These guys seem to know their stuff and approach it in the right way. They use demonologists on different cases as well.

Doing a quick google search on ghosts and drops in temperature brings up a ton of ghost/paranormal sights that tie the two together. Perhaps "The Demonoligist" book is wrong.

Ghost stories rock. And Superdave, WRITE A BOOK DAMN YOU!!!

I haven't had any supernatural experiences myself but I've heard too much from reliable sources to dismiss it out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokar Rostau
    My flatmate was assaulted on at least three occasions by what I suppose was a succubis in his bedroom.
    Well, if you don't get no poon then it ain't a succubus.

I actually had that feeling once. I had a dream that I was sneaking around the side of my dad's garage and it opened up and it was full of these big trolls. One of them grabbed me and hoisted me up as if to crush me with his big arms around my middle (it was scary in my dream, alright?) and just then I woke up but I could still feel the pressure all around my middle. I lay perfectly still for ages, scared out of my mind. The sensation slowly faded. Only happened that once.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave
    very interesting theory...maybe this is no coincidence....that room is the one used in my teen years to play dungeons and dragons...all of my paraphernalia is still there...a scuffed chalk outline of a pentagram is still visible on the cement floor.
    D&D? HAHAHAHAHA!!! You should've cast your Turn Undead spell on the light bulb.

IncGamers Member
    Man these stories are entertaining as hell. Kinda makes me want to live in a haunted house...as long as whatever poltergeist/spirit/etc. that lived there didn't wanna me to join him/kill me. I think the experience of just living in a haunted house will make your life much more interesting.

Anyone else have stories? They are really fun to read.

IncGamers Member
    You should really watch Ghost Hunters on the Sci-Fi channel. Wednesday nights. It really is intriguing as they are out to disprove hauntings and in the process sometimes have nothing to do but say, yes there is paranormal activity going on. One of the shows on yesterday on the all-day marathon showed them using the thermo energy camera that shows heat and energy readings and for the first time they were filming and the clear image of a person, standing a few feet from them appeared and then was gone. They did everything they could to recreate the image by moving around, adjusting lights, etc. and they couldn't. You could even make out the brim of a cap the figure was wearing. It was quite freaky and they were obviously taken back by it.

To comment further on the temperature thing, it was stated that many paranormal investigators believe when a spirit or ghosts manifests itself, it draws from the energy around and this creates a drop in temperature in the air from which it is drawing the energy. There is no stipulation that it must be a demon.

IncGamers Member
    So this Ghost Hunters show comes on Wed. nights on Sci Fi? What time? I'm on the east coast, so I hope this doesn't affect the scheduling.