Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Module88
    The only way this would have happened is if the Russians pushed back the Germans and took all of Europe. This would not have happened. Logistically, it's impossible. If German factories had not been bombed, oil production not been stopped, and divisions of pilots not been lost in air combat over Europe, the Russians might not have had the successes they did. Britain was in no way, shape, or form, capable of defeating Nazi Germany on its own. Defend itself, sure. Take out everything we took out (US and Britain combined) and invade Western Europe, nope. Keep in mind that the Russians always pushed for a Western Front. If this had not happened, they likely would have formed an armistice as they did during the first WW.
    There are a lot of ways to lose a war. It didn't have to happen immediately.

Local populace can only oppose the occupying country (as Iraqi's are in Iraq) if they are alive. The Germans didn't have any problems exterminating entire peoples. If significant resistance was encountered, they probably would have just flattened the city, leaving no one alive.
    Exterminate the entire population of Russia would they? I'd like to see that.

I think that would be the idea. If you add the US to the equation, Germany would have lost eventually. I don't think anyone would disagree with that.
    Provided they entered the war. Which they probably would have eventually.

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dondrei
    yup, where Germany had succeeded in killing people, was with deception, in Russia they made no secret about how they intended to fight a war of annihilation, and the russian people responded by annihilating them, to be more specific, when there is no hope for peace, then conflict and victory are mandated; poor propoganda hardened the will of hitler's adversary

IncGamers Member
    There are a lot of ways to lose a war. It didn't have to happen immediately.
    But that's not the question at hand, is it?

They were doing a pretty good job with the ****. Of course, some would escape, as it's easier to hide your religion than your language.

Provided they entered the war. Which they probably would have eventually.
    If you add the US to the equation, they would have entered the war because they would have been attacked- if not in 1941, then at some other time by the Japanese. There's no way to eliminate the effects unless you eliminate the US from the equation entirely.

It is not neccesary to exterminate everybody, just the leaders, students, commisars and people like that. A bit like Stalin was doing.

So, we are talking what? 10 million? 20? Lets say 50 million. According to history, the nazi's killed like 15 million people in the camps over a period of a year and a half. I'd say that 50 million is possible indeed.

iirc i believe the figures were ~50 million dead for WWII....just insane.....

Well, in all fairness, Stalin had already done some of the job for them.

I haven't read most of this thread because I have a hunch I've seen it before. Forgive me if I'm wrong and this point has already been settled.

If it hadn't been Pearl Harbor, it would have been something else. The Japanese would have inevitably run up against the US Navy somewhere in the Pacific. Or things would have taken a turn for the worst in Europe- an invasion of Britain for example. Even without England as a staging point for an invasion of Nazi-controlled Europe, the US Army would've done what it did in North Africa and Italy to open a western front. It wouldn't have ended exactly like it did, but Nazi Germany and imperial Japan would have fallen regardless.

But that's not the question at hand, is it?
    "Had the US not been attacked in 1941, would the 3rd Reich still exist?"

That is, today. That's a good 60-odd years they have.

They were doing a pretty good job with the ****. Of course, some would escape, as it's easier to hide your religion than your language.
    That was done in secret and in any case the scale is totally different, it's apples and Quasars.

If you add the US to the equation, they would have entered the war because they would have been attacked- if not in 1941, then at some other time by the Japanese. There's no way to eliminate the effects unless you eliminate the US from the equation entirely.
    Are you agreeing with me? I'm saying that this is most probably true.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoutwood
    Well, in all fairness, Stalin had already done some of the job for them.
    True, although I wonder what proportion of the population that was.

Banned
    nope 3rd reich wont exist. why? cos they will all be dead

Quote Originally Posted by TokioMaster
    Did anyone else see that thing on the Discovery Chanel about some of the weapons from WWII? (Sorry if this has been said- too lazy to read )
    Yes, you're not a loon; I saw it as well. Not sure that will win you friends here though... :azn:

Quote Originally Posted by TokioMaster
    They had all kinds of freaky things- both sides- from bat bombs and ice ships (US had those) to guns that fired around corners and tornado-making weapons (Nazi) along with bunches of other things like Microwave guns and sattelites that can fire massive barrages of missiles and instantly incinerate a city...
    The Germans were also prepared for conquer outside the planet- they were spending millions trying to design space ships that could attack other planets 0_o...
    Quite a bit of the military research was very sensible though. Nazi night vision equipment was in field use during the latter stages, various beam weapons can trace basic research back to the Nazis, and jet aircraft were quite well established (later Soviet designs during the Korean War were based on deployed German craft). Yes, the concept of a transcontinental bomber "skipping" on the atmosphere may seem a bit silly to us now, but the Nazis could have delivered a nuclear bomb to the U.S. if they had been able to make it work.

Inventive little buggers, those Germans. Thankfully, the Japanese & Italians, er, not so much.