Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    Had the U.S. not been attacked, Russia would've owned all of Europe and Japan would've... eventually got into a war with Russia and it would've been a huge mess.

IncGamers Member
    Germany had some trouble with Russia, yes, but had they not been devided all across Europe, and had they ample time to finish their OWN atomic weapon, Russia would've fallen easily.

Quote Originally Posted by DPH
    Had the U.S. not been attacked, Russia would've owned all of Europe and Japan would've... eventually got into a war with Russia and it would've been a huge mess.
    The war hasn't ended.

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TokioMaster
    Germany had some trouble with Russia, yes, but had they not been devided all across Europe, and had they ample time to finish their OWN atomic weapon, Russia would've fallen easily.
    blah, they abandoned that project, saw it as impractical, would've taken them ages

IncGamers Member
    Lol, if they'd gotten the necissary reinforcements from Japan and France, they could've kept their Russian foothold for years. But attacking Russia so soon in the first place was stupid.
    Hitler should've learned from Bonaparte's mistake... *tsk tsk*

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar
    you're just staring at the surface, history isn't magic eye, not that complicated, just look deeper and you won't say things I haven't heard a million times before

The Japanese and Russian where fighting eachother in manchuria and soon before america droped the atomic bomb the russians crushed the japanese forces on the mainland.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoutwood
    Dross/Johnny/alexzed: America sucks and Russia did way more to defeat Hitler.
    honestly if the US wasn't going to be involved in any way....britain would have crumbled in 1942 without supplies..and operation sealion would have made sure they were out of the war. at that point germany would have been able to fully focus its attention on the ost-front, russia. and sadly, i suspect russia wouldn't not have been ready to face a full 120+ division of germans churning down the plains of the motherland.....

russia would not have survived initially if the US wasn't shipping them tons of tanks/planes/ and artillery pieces to put up that hodge-podge defense in 1941 (barbarrossa)...

the use of the atomic bomb was pretty tragic..as the targets were civillians...but then again..look at stalins treatment of his own folks...the fire bombings of dresden and numerous other german cities by the allies...etc (if we had lost the war...we would have probably been tried for war crimes...)

furthermore if hitler had made up his mind and focused his armies on either the caucuss/stalingrad/moscow he would have crushed russia (if it were me i would have went after the caucuss first then moscow and finally stalingrad....)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny
    The Japanese and Russian where fighting eachother in manchuria and soon before america droped the atomic bomb the russians crushed the japanese forces on the mainland.
    well the russo-japanese war (1904-5) over manchuria, russia lost.

as for the end of WWII i don't think the japanese even had any heavy tanks...since all they needed were infantry to deal with the kuoming-tang armies, and jugle/island warfare...they were not rpepared for the heavy numbers of modern weapons the russian brought..also their forces were horribly taxed at this point..with most of their experienced core of troops depleted and/or dealing with the americans

Quote Originally Posted by TokioMaster
    Lol, if they'd gotten the necissary reinforcements from Japan and France, they could've kept their Russian foothold for years. But attacking Russia so soon in the first place was stupid.
    Hitler should've learned from Bonaparte's mistake... *tsk tsk*
    i feel that i was imperative that the germans attack the russians as early as possible...however since they had to secure holdings in the north (norway/finland later on), greece/malta in the south, africa in the waaay south, and their shores to the west, while engaged in a massive bombing campaign of britain. They were simply spread too thin, but hey i guess at this point they had won battle after battle..and had become complacent in assuming that they could just crush the russians in 6-8 months with deep penetrating attacks to the russina lines, unfortunately they could not effectively encircle and destroy/capture enough russian divs either...

ironically it was russias poor infrastructure...(roads/rail) that bogged down germany :grin: