Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

McClellan Gone (we've gotten lazy around here)

There was a time when this would have been posted before there was even a link to the story. Buncha slackers.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/04/...lan/index.html

There's the CNN story.

IncGamers Member
    I saw it - but really - is it news?

The press secretary is a person who deflects questions and repeats the mantra of the president while providing no real information. It is a sham made to make the United States feel as if the press has a representation of what the president says.

In my mind - no news. He'll be replaced with another robot to deflect and redirect.

Banned
    I'd say it's news coming on the heels of other WHers losing their positions or stepping down, especially given the fact that this looks like the White House cleaning up it's image ahead of the midterm elections and taking into consideration the pressure being put on the administration over Rumsfeld's job.

IncGamers Member
    I would say press secretary is not big news. Rove - now that is news. this guy has made a career out of dirty politics, and for him to step down to concentrate on the 'other tasks' ahead...that's scary. Bush's nickname for him is 'Turd Blossom'. This guy is as dirty as they come, and the textbook definition of sociopath. If he is not in the headlines, I'm scared...

I'd have to agree that this isn't really a big story.

The price of gold & oil however......

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar
    it's about time, he lost his nerve during the seven days and let the virginians slip through his fingers at sharpsburg

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCajun
    I'd say it's news coming on the heels of other WHers losing their positions or stepping down, especially given the fact that this looks like the White House cleaning up it's image ahead of the midterm elections and taking into consideration the pressure being put on the administration over Rumsfeld's job.
    You're a fine one to talk, accusing us of slippage - just not much point in rehashing the same argument 15 more times. Didn't you read the various conservative (including Dick Morris in this category) opinion pieces saying that a meaningless cabinet shuffle is just what the doctor ordered for this administration? Smoke & mirrors, good for what ails ya!

I think McClellan just got sick of this in his face...

EDIT - besides, members are whining about my posting habits. Otherwise, I would have trotted out these gems far sooner:
    Iran prez arrests 4 over text message
    *and*
    that Clinton believes the 'enlightened mullahs have made Iran into a much freer nation than the United States will ever be.'

IncGamers Member
    Mervster, such a fine Republitarian... Way to stick up for your buddy!

All this will do is give a new face to the lies. (the resignation of McClellan)
    Klassic Konservative Kill the messenger...

God, that must be a crappy job. I feel sorry for anyone who has to stomach it on a regular basis.

------------------------------------------
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nerf-Herder
    Mervster, such a fine Republitarian... Way to stick up for your buddy!
    Why do I have to re-deny my political affiliation with every thread? It isn't like I'm calling <all of> you commies. These are nothing but a deliberate distraction, if they're even meaningful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerf-Herder
    All this will do is give a new face to the lies. (the resignation of McClellan)
    Klassic Konservative Kill the messenger...
    I don't really get you here. About all there has been was some fluff-up about discrepancies between Scotties' statements and later official positions. How is that (or Thomas' pug-ugguly mug) "kill the messenger?"