Patch notes for V1.13c
Diablo II Version History
- Patch 1.13c
A new Mystery has been revealed!
- Adventurers of Sanctuary are hereby warned once again, that a new challenge
awaits you. Within Diablo's Bosses, spanning across the world from the
ancient Monastery Catacombs to the Throne of Destruction, is where you'll
find what you seek...
- Fixed an item dupe bug.
- Video improvements for Intel Mac machines with OS 10.5 or greater.
- Fixed an issue where some players could kill other players while in town
- Fixed an issue where some players could disconnect other players when
they had too many active states.
- Fixed two issues where players could stack auras in an unintended way.
- Uber Mephisto now checks for both Uber Baal and Uber Diablo to be killed
before spawning summoned minions (Before he would only check for Uber Baal).
- The game will no longer stop and then restart the game music after the
window loses and then regains focus.
- Fixed an issue where the game window would minimize when running in
windowed mode when it lost focus.
- Fixed an issue where the game window wouldn't center properly when it
- Fangskin should now properly drop loot in Hell difficulty.
- Fixed an issue where auras were not re-applied to your mercenary after
it was resurrected.
- Fixed an issue where if you had two items which provided auras to
a mercenary and you unequipped one, the aura from the remaining
item never became active.
- Fixed an issue where the Paladin class runeword 'Principle' wasn't
having all of its stats applied properly.
- Fixed an issue where the Paladin's Charge ability would become locked
out if Holy Shield faded while charging.
- Fixed an issue where the Barbarian's Leap ability could become locked
out if they were hit when they started to leap.
- Respecialization is now possible! Completing the 'Den of Evil' quest
will now additionally reward 1 free respec which can be saved. Players
who have already completed this quest should receive 1 free respec in
- Increased the drop rate of high runes.
- Support for blit scaling in windowed mode. The game can now be
maximized to the largest 4:3 resolution supported (hooray widescreen users).
- Some rare drop items now have an orange color. i.e. Runes and items
required for Uber Tristam.
- Modified the gold bank limit to be a flat cap not bound by level.
- Removed the requirements to create a hardcore character.
- Greatly reduced the explosion damage dealt by Fire Enchanted monsters.
- Uber Mephisto and Uber Baal's summoned minions no longer give experience.
- Removed Oblivion Knight's Iron Maiden curse.
- Hellfire Torch Firestorm proc rate has been reduced to 5%.
- Users can now toggle the display of text over the Health and Mana
globes by clicking on the bottom area of each orb.
- When creating a single player game, each difficulty button is now bound
to a unique key: Normal 'R', Nightmare 'N', and Hell 'H'.
- The 'Enter Chat' Button in the battle.net waiting room is now
bound to the 'Enter' key.
- Added the windows system buttons to the game window (MIN, MAX, CLOSE).
- Added new command line parameter '-nofixaspect' which allows users to
not fix the aspect ratio to 4:3 when maximizing in windowed mode.
This lets the game 'stretch' to fill your monitor.
- Added support for '-sndbkg' command line switch. This enables sound
- Added the following aliases for pre-existing command line options,
'-nosound', '-window', and '-windowed'.
Revised Skill balance for Player Character classes
- Immolation Arrow - Increased radius of Explosion effect by 33% and
Immolation effect by 50%.
- Immolation Arrow - Explosion effect damage increased by 20%.
- Immolation Arrow - Increased base duration by 33%.
- Dragon Claw - Synergy receives 4% additional damage per point of Claw Mastery.
- Dragon Talon - The bonus to Attack Rating per point has been increased to 35.
- Shadow Master - Increased resistance range per point from 5-80 to 5-90.
- Combo points awarded by combo moves now last 15 seconds, up from 9.
- Whirlwind - Reduced initial mana cost by 50%.
- Masteries - Changed critical strike chance from 0-25 to 0-35.
- Blessed Hammer - No longer ignores resistances of undead and demons.
- Werebear - Damage bonus increased by 15% across all ranks.
- Werebear - Increased health by 25% and armor by 1% per point.
- Shockwave - Synergy from Maul adds 5% damage per point.
- Blood Golem - Removed negative shared life effect (player no longer
loses life when the golem takes damage).
- Corpse Explosion - Increased base damage dealt from 60% - 100%
to 70% - 120% of corpses health.
- Poison Nova - Increased base damage by 15%.
- Firewall - Synergy receives 1% damage per point of Inferno and
4% per point of Warmth.
- Blaze - Synergy receives 1% damage per point of Firewall
and 4% per point of Warmth.
- Hydra - Increased base damage by 15% per rank.
- Hydra - Increased base speed of Hydra projectile.
- Hydra - Reduced cooldown by 25%. [/BLUE]
Information about the ladder, ladder characters, etc. Last updated 6/10/2008
All other threads asking about when the next ladder will start are subject to being closed or deleted without warning.
Ladder Only Items
When playing on a ladder, there are Ladder Only Items.
These include but are not limited to Ladder Only Rune Words and Ladder Only Uniques.
These items only drup during the current ladder season, and only in ladder games. However, these items do end up in the non ladder population after any ladder season ends.
There are two main character types on the Diablo II Realms: Normal and Ladder. Players choose these character types when creating their characters via check boxes as they are naming their characters.
Any character that is not marked as a Ladder Character is a Normal Character. There are two types of Normal Characters:
Normal: Normal (also referred to as Core)(Non Hardcore)
Normal Core: Characters can only join games with other Normal Core characters. They cannot join games with Hardcore characters, or ladder characters of any type.
Normal Hardcore: Characters can only join games with other Normal Hardcore characters. They cannot join games with Core characters, or ladder characters of any type. To create a Hardcore Character you must finish the game on Normal Difficulty.
A Ladder Character is a special character type that is allowed to compete on the ladder. These characters are separate from Normal Characters with their own games and economy.
All characters created before 1.10 are considered normal characters. Characters created before 1.10 do not have the option of being ladder characters. You must create a new character after patch 1.10 is released, and mark it as a ladder character to create a ladder character.
Characters created before patch 1.10 will not be able to join games with these new ladder characters, although they will be able to play with other normal characters that predate the 1.10 patch or characters created after 1.10 that are not created as ladder characters. This means that for the duration of the ladder season - which is yet to be determined - these ladder characters will exist in a new separate economy from the other Battle.net Diablo II characters. After the ladder season is over, all ladder characters become normal characters. To be on the ladder for the next season, players must create a new character and mark it as ladder, after the new season has begun.
Only Realm Characters can be Ladder Characters.
There are two types of Ladder Characters:
Ladder: Normal (also referred to as Core)(Non Hardcore)
Ladder Core: Characters can only join games with other Ladder Core characters. They cannot join games with Hardcore characters, or normal characters of any type.
Ladder Hardcore: Characters can only join games with other Ladder Hardcore characters. They cannot join games with core characters, or normal characters of any type. To create a Ladder Hardcore Character you must finish the game on Normal Difficulty.
What's the advantage to creating a Ladder Character?
This is similar to starting out on a brand new realm. Players will be able to experience Diablo II like when the game was first released. When the Ladder Season first begins, players start at Level 1 and do not have powerful items. They also cannot use powerful high-level items or other high-level characters to help them level up faster. Players create a character in a brand new world (ladder character world) where everything (economy, levels) starts from the beginning. The main advantage of creating a ladder character is being able to join in on a totally new economy where powerful items are very valuable.
What if I don't play ladder or don't want to compete on the ladder?
Although they are called ladder characters, players do not have to compete on the ladder to play. You can simply play at your own speed and not worry about how you are ranked on the ladder.
Can I convert existing characters to ladder characters?
No, you must flag a character as a ladder character when it is first created.
How long will the ladder season last?
No one knows, but Blizzard tends to give a few to several days warning before starting a new season.
What happens when the ladder season is over?
All ladder characters become either Normal Core or Normal Hardcore Characters depending on what type of Ladder Characters they are. If you want to be a Ladder Character for the next Ladder season you must create a new character and flag it as a Ladder Character.
Do I get to keep my Ladder Only Items when the season is over?
A: Yes. Any Ladder Only Items will be converted over when your character is converted to a Core character. These items can now be traded with other Core characters. That is the only way for Core characters to get ladder only items, as leftovers after a season is over.
Do I have to beat the game with a Ladder Character to create a Ladder Hardcore Character?
No, you can finish the game with either a Normal character or a Ladder character to unlock Ladder Hardcore Characters.
Can you convert a Ladder Character to a Normal Character?
No. Blizzard does this automatically when the Ladder Season ends.
In addition, there are several Horadric Cube formulae that will only work for a ladder character.
Example : Rune upgrading, runes can only be upgraded higher than Hel on the ladder. There are other ladder only formulae. They can be found here noted with (ladder only) in red: http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml
The Gheeds Fortune Charm is also ladder only, meaning it drops in ladder.
Though it can be found in non ladder after the end of a ladder season.
Any news on when the next ladder will start ???
Ladder season 9 started on the 26th of September, 2011. It is unknown how long this season will last yet though they have been pretty short recently
Where should I look for information on the next ladder ?
How long was the last ladder season ??
How long will the current ladder last ??Code:Season 1: October 28, 2003 - July 8, 2004 Season 2: July 8, 2004 - August 8, 2005 Season 3: August 8, 2005 - June 25, 2007 Season 4: June 25, 2007 - June 17, 2008 Season 5: June 17, 2008 - March 23, 2010 Season 6: March 23, 2010 - September 28, 2010 Season 7: September 28, 2010 - March 28, 2011 Season 8: March 28, 2011 - September 26, 2011 Season 9: September 26, 2011 -
We do not know, it may last as long as the last ladder or it could be shorter.
Have any new runewords been found ?
Yes, as of DEC. 12, 2004 there are 23 new runewords released, though the details have not been released, only the name of the runeword and the rune formulae.
They were also being searched for in these threads :