Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle
    I had in my thick skull the notion that Pierce is one of the attributes that carries over to the middle two arrows in a Multishot spray. Is this correct, or have I gone completely mad?

Thanks!

- Noodle
    No all arrows pierce.

D3 Amazon &
    Demon Hunter Moderator
    BattleTag Dacar92-1368
    You must be thinking of crushing blow, open wounds, and knockback. Those are carried only by the middle two arrows in multi.

Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
    Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!

D3 General & D2 Newcomer Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal
    Excellent - thank you very much for the replies. Some of us over in the Single Player forum are trying to put together a comprehensive strategy / playing tips guide, and the rough draft states that none of the multishot arrows pierce. This info will be very helpful.

Please feel free to take a look a the guide and offer any amazon tips - I'm sure we'd greatly benefit from your expertise.

Cheers!

- Noodle

OH PLEASE HELP I found out why Waldo's always hiding he did so many horrible things please let me in he's righ

IncGamers Member
    can some1 give me skill layout for a strafe/multi zon? my endgame gear looks like it wont have ne +to skills whatsoever, bcause i heard its not that important to a bowazon...

IncGamers Member
    strafe 20, multi 10, penetrate 20, Valk 17, Critical Strike 20, pierce (depends on gear), points in prerequisites.

IncGamers Member
    do try to consider getting +toskills items... that way, you don't need to invest in multi and you'd have extra points to put in an elemental arrow skill to deal with PI's (that's assuming of course you'd find you have trouble against them... if not, then the above build is good)

IncGamers Member
    I use multi and Strafe. My Multi is lev 15 and my strafe is maxed out. For the majority of the time I've found that strafe works the best because of its speed and that multiple arrows can and do hit your target(s). But there are times that there are SO many baddies that strafe just doesn't have the impact ( like cows for instance) that's when I use my multi. You can put a lot of arrows in a large group very fast. This will weaken or kill most large groups super quick. So for me I use both. I've got 2 zons. both use the same method one is lev95 the other is lev93. If you use a strict bowazon you want strafe for the boses. multi doesn't cut it and you don't hit them enough with multi to steal enough mana for multi to keep from running out. biggest fallback for multi is the mana cost compared to strafe. especially when using strafe you can get a life/mana steal for every arrow that hits.( if you have the rings/ammy or equip for life and/or mana steal)

IncGamers Member
    it depends on how well u position/retreat your zon. if u can keep the packs on one side of u, then multishot has a much higher damage output than strafe. if u tend to get surrounded, u might need strafe+kb+leech to survive. i use a lv1 strafe (lv10 with items) for the extra fast lancers in the pits but other than that, multishot>strafe.

also, MS is a much better compliment to frozen arrow, contrary to what most people think. strafe deals a little more damage than MS in a small area, when FA does the same thing, and MS deals way more in areas like cows/chaos sanc/shenk.

IncGamers Member
    I was just wondering:

Can you use strafe effectively against bosses? i mean, the minimum number of shots is = 2+ Skill lvl/4 which means that you'll have 7 shots when you got 20 strafe and possibly even more with +skill lvls from items. Is it worth using instead of Guided Arrow, or is it too risky (strafe lock)?

I'm a strafe fan but nevertheless I use GA vs bosses.