Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss
    Multi > Strafe by faaaaar.

I tried strafe once cause everyone says it good...but I found it horrible. You lose a great deal of crowd control, which is a necessity for a bowzon. I had pretty nice gear, and I found myself getting locked into strafe, running back and strafing some more...took forever to kill a crowd of monsters.
    I'd say it is exactly the opposite. It is multi that has worse crowd control, since strafe+knockback makes sure that almost no monster will come even near you. Even multi+kb cannot have the same effect since not all arrows carry knockback there. My guess is that you just stood there strafing at all directions while a more efficient way to play is to gather the monsters and strafe from a tight angle so your piercing will effective. In my opinion multi is superior in open space like cows or chaos sanctuary centre while strafe is much more effective in tighter places like pit or maggot lair. And much safer when combined wih kb.

IncGamers Member
    Ehh...it seems like no one here has ever really played a good multi zon...

With strafe, you can't choose your target. You say that you can gather the monsters in a crowd if you want to strafe good? In the time it takes you to do that and shoot at them, a zon with multishot will already have to whole crowd down. Like I said, I've done both builds with the same gear. I know what I'm talking about. And knockback does kick in enough to keep everything away from you. You're proabably lacking IAS and damage if you can't control a crowd with multi. I used my pvm zon mainly for the pits, I did it with strafe and then rebuilt with multi, since it was so slow. With strafe, you cannot hit anything offscreen. It was hard to clear the place in a good amount of time because of this. When I rebuilt to multi, it was just a matter of running in an open area, spray it a few times with multi and move on.

Mabye its a gear issue? The setup I had:
    GMB Faith 15/1/3
    Fort
    KB gloves
    Gores
    Highlord's
    nos belt
    Guillame's /w ias jewel...think it had a ED% mod...
    ravenfrost
    manald

Skills...
    max guided
    max strafe (old)
    max multi (new...ehh ya, that wasn't a good idea to max it...mana waste)
    >10 into critical strike?
    and the rest scattered into passives...no valk

It all comes down to gear, other skill placement beside multi/strafe, places you run and your playstyle. Instead of relying on someone claiming to know, try them yourself as the test results will often differ from what others tell you. Just take a look at this thread ...

:rolleyes:

IncGamers Member
    with strafe, you really dont have to aim, with multishot, you have to aim in a certain direction... so i'd go with strafe

I've always used strafe and thought it was best. Then today I tried MS and fell in love. I used it way back but my bow and dmg was too low back then so it kinda sucked.

Anyway with one point placed and with +skills it was at like 11 so I got it for free. I use both anyway, depends on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss
    Ehh...it seems like no one here has ever really played a good multi zon...

With strafe, you can't choose your target. You say that you can gather the monsters in a crowd if you want to strafe good? In the time it takes you to do that and shoot at them, a zon with multishot will already have to whole crowd down. Like I said, I've done both builds with the same gear. I know what I'm talking about. And knockback does kick in enough to keep everything away from you. You're proabably lacking IAS and damage if you can't control a crowd with multi. I used my pvm zon mainly for the pits, I did it with strafe and then rebuilt with multi, since it was so slow. With strafe, you cannot hit anything offscreen. It was hard to clear the place in a good amount of time because of this. When I rebuilt to multi, it was just a matter of running in an open area, spray it a few times with multi and move on.

Mabye its a gear issue? The setup I had:
    GMB Faith 15/1/3
    Fort
    KB gloves
    Gores
    Highlord's
    nos belt
    Guillame's /w ias jewel...think it had a ED% mod...
    ravenfrost
    manald

Skills...
    max guided
    max strafe (old)
    max multi (new...ehh ya, that wasn't a good idea to max it...mana waste)
    >10 into critical strike?
    and the rest scattered into passives...no valk
    Actually I'm using 2/15/3 faith gmb ,fortitude, crafted 20ias/kb gloves,nos belt,war traveler/gore for bosses,cat's eye,45ias helm,so I'm hitting max speed and have good damage. My pierce and critical are high enough. Yes, multi can be effective, but it takes me 3 seconds to gather packs anyway. With multi there is always the odd monster coming behind you, and killing speed is reduced by the arrow consumption imo. It is my playing style that makes strafe better for me. Instead of abusing decoy and waiting for valk and merc to tank, I like to rush and shoot scouting arrows every now and then. Strafe+kb keeps all enemies at a distance, multi doesn't. And this way strafe is faster in most areas besides cows and half of chaos sanctuary.

IncGamers Member
    I don't play Amazons much, but I would think - since neither of them have synergies to increase their damage, just things like Penetrate, Pierce and CS, which afaict you don't need to max, why not go for both? Then you have the crowd control of Multi and the killing speed of Strafe.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinhead On The MBTA
    I don't play Amazons much, but I would think - since neither of them have synergies to increase their damage, just things like Penetrate, Pierce and CS, which afaict you don't need to max, why not go for both? Then you have the crowd control of Multi and the killing speed of Strafe.
    I use both actually. Maxed strafe and base multi ,although even base strafe is viable. I use strafe/freezing/magical/multi/guided, depends on the ocassion,but the main attack that suits me the best and I use the most is strafe.

IncGamers Member
    I'd use both, but actually only invest in Strafe, letting +skills items do their magic for multishot... you'd only need a couple of arrows for multishot to be useful anyway...

although I'd be using strafe more often than not, Multishot is actually pretty good in some situations (i.e. times when strafe-lock can be fatal)

D3 General & D2 Newcomer Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal
    I had in my thick skull the notion that Pierce is one of the attributes that carries over to the middle two arrows in a Multishot spray. Is this correct, or have I gone completely mad?

Thanks!

- Noodle

OH PLEASE HELP I found out why Waldo's always hiding he did so many horrible things please let me in he's righ