Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    I always thought that ms would always pierce..I must be crazy

My bowazon uses faith gmb and I find myself using strafe 90% of time. I have maxed it, and left multi at one point, 9-11 after gear,so the mana cost of multi is still managable even with low leech. Indeed multi clears open space areas like chaos or cows easier, but the knockback effect and scout capabilities of strafe make it invaluable for my style of play.

IncGamers Member
    wat about when you are ubering with friends wat is better multishot or strafe, btw i just started an amazon and saw this thread asking wat i was asking!!:grin:

IncGamers Member
    I thought multi was obsolete since 1.10 but after reading several posts and building one with max IAS I was blown away. It really leaves strafe for dead.

IncGamers Member
    Strafe is far from dead. In the Pits it is king and combined with FA, it totally destroys Baal minions singlehandedly. Strafe triggers far more knockback and CTC amp damage when compared to MS and when at 2 fps its the fastest killer i ever seen.

Still i won't deny MS power in chaos sanctuary and river... It is almost unfair, kinda like an LF zon in cows.

IncGamers Member
    Multi, when used properly, is FAR better than strafe for any situation. You need a finishing skill, as it's not great for a single monster or boss, but Guided fills in just fine.

Used properly means a good FAST bow. If you can't reach at least an 8 frame attack, stick with strafe. If you can get a 7 frame attack, and avoid targeting monsters with multi, you'll clear out whole areas in seconds. The finest two options for this are the GM Faith bow and the GM mat bow. You'll sacrifice a bit of damage with the Mat bow, but you can carry up to 200 mf when you use it, as well as being able to keep maxed resists if you use a good Kira's Guardian as your helm.

GM Faith needs 95 or 100 ias to reach a 7 frame multishot
    Mat faith needs only 45-50, depdending on your roll.

Learn not to target anything with multi. You'll stop shooting as soon as the monster dies, and the monster, not you, controls your spread. Use multi with the right mouse button, and click in an open area, then drag the thing around like a shotgun. With a proper amount of mana leech, you'll be able to do this forever.

PI monsters? Use an Atma's Scarab. Sure, the Amp Damage will cast only on the center two arrows, but it's an AREA effect spell which will amp multiple monsters. Pierce needs to be high as well, either with a razortail belt or hard points in pierce.

By the way, as a secondary method of handling PI's while you wait for Atma's to cast, using Cold Arrow is a decent option. It will convert your physical damage to elemental, and is easily capable of taking out the PI harpies when you're soloing hell Baal.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumbelina
    Multi, when used properly, is FAR better than strafe for any situation. You need a finishing skill, as it's not great for a single monster or boss, but Guided fills in just fine.

Used properly means a good FAST bow. If you can't reach at least an 8 frame attack, stick with strafe. If you can get a 7 frame attack, and avoid targeting monsters with multi, you'll clear out whole areas in seconds. The finest two options for this are the GM Faith bow and the GM mat bow. You'll sacrifice a bit of damage with the Mat bow, but you can carry up to 200 mf when you use it, as well as being able to keep maxed resists if you use a good Kira's Guardian as your helm.

GM Faith needs 95 or 100 ias to reach a 7 frame multishot
    Mat faith needs only 45-50, depdending on your roll.

Learn not to target anything with multi. You'll stop shooting as soon as the monster dies, and the monster, not you, controls your spread. Use multi with the right mouse button, and click in an open area, then drag the thing around like a shotgun. With a proper amount of mana leech, you'll be able to do this forever.

PI monsters? Use an Atma's Scarab. Sure, the Amp Damage will cast only on the center two arrows, but it's an AREA effect spell which will amp multiple monsters. Pierce needs to be high as well, either with a razortail belt or hard points in pierce.

By the way, as a secondary method of handling PI's while you wait for Atma's to cast, using Cold Arrow is a decent option. It will convert your physical damage to elemental, and is easily capable of taking out the PI harpies when you're soloing hell Baal.
    I agree for the most part. But assuming you don't have faith and a fortitude, strafe is probably a better bet. It is STRONGLY recommended to reach at least 9/2 attack speed (doable for most players, even me). This will mean a full strafe will only 27 frames to complete, only 2 frames more than a second to fire 10 arrows that all carry mods like CTC, hit blinds target, etc. The mana cost is much more managable, unless you have a VERY powerful bow or tons of mana leech. Of course, I don't have extensive experience with either of these skills using a good bow, so take my comments with a grain of salt. I usually build freezing arrow zons as they're not as dependant on fast powerful bows.

IncGamers Member
    Multi > Strafe by faaaaar.

I tried strafe once cause everyone says it good...but I found it horrible. You lose a great deal of crowd control, which is a necessity for a bowzon. I had pretty nice gear, and I found myself getting locked into strafe, running back and strafing some more...took forever to kill a crowd of monsters. With multi, you can just aim at a crowd and let loose. Add in some knockback and you can just sit there and point that wave of arrows wherever you need to. With multi you don't get locked into one spot like strafe, so you can spam arrows and run back if you need to. It also functions well in pvp . Also, strafe does not have that much more damage than multi...it is still 3/4 of your damage, just with a little boost from each level. Sure, you can hit 8 monsters or whatever very fast and get critical strike and cast something blah blah blah on each one...but with multi you can spam up to 24 arrows all at once in a 180 degree radius...and complete this action probably 3 times in the time it takes for someone with the same gear to strafe once.

Strafe = bad

Sinicerely,
    Boob, lvl 89 bowzon

IncGamers Member
    Strafe != bad.

It is the best complement with freezing arrow. You will know why when you play Frost Maiderns.

IncGamers Member
    IMO , Nothing can be compared with 2 FPA strafe . It looks like real machinegun , wiping out huge amount of monsters.