Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

+ to Off. Auras or Combat Skills GC's?

Well, I have a hammerdin build paladin and recently have been coming across some nice items, and have been looking into trading for + to skills Grand Charms. Straight to the point, whats better: + to Off Auras or Combat Skills? My Paladin aims for pure hammer damage. Hes pretty flexible however, if anyone recommends going for the + combat skills for the holy shield and hammers, im willing to bend, however im aiming more for the damage.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Extacide
    Well, I have a hammerdin build paladin and recently have been coming across some nice items, and have been looking into trading for + to skills Grand Charms. Straight to the point, whats better: + to Off Auras or Combat Skills? My Paladin aims for pure hammer damage. Hes pretty flexible however, if anyone recommends going for the + combat skills for the holy shield and hammers, im willing to bend, however im aiming more for the damage.
    cmbats are good because they add much more damage ( for my hdin, every 2 offensive = 1 combat damage wise)

but my own hdin uses 4 offensive and 2 combats because the offensives are 40+ life and i dont want to buy 40+ combats haha.

best benefit from using offensive is giving barb/bowzon/smiter the sexiest aura damage ever. my conc level is 42.

IncGamers Member

Re: + to Off. Auras or Combat Skills GC's?

old post bump but perfect to add my question... so does this mean that an offensive aura gc will help out my merc more than a combat gc?

IncGamers Member

If you are using an offensive aura, the +skill to that aura from a charm will increase the level of that aura. If the aura is one that helps your merc (Might, Concentration, Fanatacism, Conviction, Thorns, Blessed Aim) then the answer is yes.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Namtar View Post
    If you are using an offensive aura, the +skill to that aura from a charm will increase the level of that aura. If the aura is one that helps your merc (Might, Concentration, Fanatacism, Conviction, Thorns, Blessed Aim) then the answer is yes.
    k thanks, I have concentration on almost all the time, so I guess it will help both me and my merc.... I wonder if the help it is giving us is better than if I had a combat gc instead just helping me

IncGamers Member

Well, that's probably not the case. There are formulae you could use to figure out the exact difference, but generally, the increase in damage per Hammer is greater for the combat skills GC than for the offensive auras GC. The combat skills GC could also make the mana cost of Blessed Hammer go up, but not by enough to matter.

The combat skills GC would also improve Holy Shield by a bit.

The offensive auras GC would help your merc more and the stronger aura would also benefit party members, if you happen to have any.

If it's just a contest for raw Blessed Hammer damage, the increase from the combat skills GC is greater than the increase from the offensive auras GC. The exact difference in damage depends on the levels of your Blessed Hammer and Concentration.

IncGamers Member

I'd argue that plain Offensives aren't even worth the room in the inventory if you play solo.
    Last edited by jeffy; 12-08-2013 at 09:31.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeffy View Post
    I'd argue that plain Offensives aren't even worth the room in the inventory if you play solo.
    My hammerdin has a level 40 Blessed Hammer with maxed synergies and a level 38 Concentration. I wouldn't bother clogging my inventory with one more point into Concentration, but I also wouldn't bother clogging my inventory with one more point into Blessed Hammer and Holy Shield.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Namtar View Post
    My hammerdin has a level 40 Blessed Hammer with maxed synergies and a level 38 Concentration. I wouldn't bother clogging my inventory with one more point into Concentration, but I also wouldn't bother clogging my inventory with one more point into Blessed Hammer and Holy Shield.
    so what do you clog your inventory with? 7mfsc's ?

IncGamers Member

No, I leave part of it open so that I can pick up items while playing.