Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator
    you better watch it, dick cheney read that.

Hey, as long as he's actually aiming AT me, I'm not worried.

Aren't we over there to promote democracy, and isn't it true that they're not already democracies due to their religious beliefs? So basically it's ok to kill thousands upon thousands over their religion, but not this one dude? Sounds good to me. I'm glad we went over there to show those barbarians what real tolerance is all about.

Never forget that the guy who said that bit about not killing him if he changes his mind was put into power by you.

Quote Originally Posted by dondrei
    Did you just say something sensible and measured about Muslim extremism? *Ducks to avoid flying pigs, but slips on icy surface of Hell*
    Of course not. Devout Islamic citizens of backward countries, NOT Islamist/Wahabists. Besides, the latter are often at least partially Westernized, not living hand-to-mouth in some "shiitehole" :grin:

You have to bear in mind that there are (at least) two Americas. One that's a perfectly normal, functional 21st century Western democracy, and the one that's a ***-bashing, jury's-still-out-on-evolution-believing, you're-either-with-us-or-you're-against-us-yelling Medieval society.
    Speaking of central casting, stereotype much? Better be careful that your hat with the hanging corks doesn't get caught in your laptop's keyboard. I assume you're using a laptop, of course, since there's no way you could have city power way out there on walkabout... :rolleyes:

Or take a stroll through Utah or rural Alabama.
    That's right, I burned a Joo at the stake only yesterday. :shocked:

Not really true. They may have been more extreme in their actions, but that was what it was like at the time. Their beliefs were at best comparable. And by the way, the Witch hunts were more about hunting down schismatists than actual witches. I once heard that twice as many men were caught as women.
    You know, every time I start thinking that you actually have some reason, you come up with this sort of thing. Did the fact that a knight could cut down a heretic or Muslim out of hand somehow escape you? Or that a good number of the Crusaders were "good" zealots that were convinced that the Holy Land actually needed liberation?

Oh, and when were the Aussie witch trials, anyway? Because what you're talking about bears little resemblance to the truth...

*Nevermind. Not worth it.*

------------------------------------------
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

IncGamers Member
    I'm glad I don't live in one of these radical Islamic countries. Unless Pakistan is considered one by Jmerv.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage-DVS
    I'm glad I don't live in one of these radical Islamic countries. Unless Pakistan is considered one by Jmerv.
    We talked about that, remember? My Mom's tour of duty in Lahore when she had to be considered an "honorary man"? :shocked: What I'm taking on faith is that she wouldn't have been gang-raped or stoned to death if she didn't have her head covered...
    It seems like that border region of yours (they're calling it "Talibanistan" in some articles) is exactly the sort of place I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn
    (they're calling it "Talibanistan" in some articles)
    But then, the crap you read is usually written by the undiagnosed insane, so that doesn't really say anything about the country. Please post a link to Ann Coulter calling Pakistan Talibanistan. I really need some of that right now.

IncGamers Member
    Personally, I think that if this is the collective will of the Afghan people, he should die. We set up a democracy there, and now it's time to reap what we've sown. When you give a people with views we find backwards or immoral democracy, this stuff happens.

This is why I don't think a lot of the world's countries are ready for democracy yet. Things are bad under one-man or one-family states in the Middle East, but they could be a lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Drosselmeier
    But then, the crap you read is usually written by the undiagnosed insane, so that doesn't really say anything about the country. Please post a link to Ann Coulter calling Pakistan Talibanistan. I really need some of that right now.
    Yeah, these guys are a bunch of frothing lunatics all right...

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternium
    Personally, I think that if this is the collective will of the Afghan people, he should die. We set up a democracy there, and now it's time to reap what we've sown.
    That's a really interesting perspective that I hadn't quite thought of before - lol.