Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

More Islamic Fundamentalist Fun!

Topic stolen from the WCIII OTF.

Story

An Afghan man is being tried in a court in the capital, Kabul, for converting from Islam to Christianity.

Abdul Rahman is charged with rejecting Islam and could face the death sentence under Sharia law unless he recants.
    "We are not against any particular religion in the world. But in Afghanistan, this sort of thing is against the law," the judge said. "It is an attack on Islam. ... The prosecutor is asking for the death penalty."
    And get ready for this one, it's a howler:

"We will ask him if he has changed his mind about being a Christian," Mawlazezadah says. "If he has, we will forgive him, because Islam is a religion of tolerance."
    Since when is tolerance evidenced by the fact that you execute people who disagree with you? It's not exactly hard to be tolerant of people who conform to your views . . .

It's mind-boggling that someone could be so stupid.

------------------------------------------
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

IncGamers Member
    Maybe the guy just wants a pork chop sandwich and a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by maccool
    Maybe the guy just wants a pork chop sandwich and a beer.
    Yeah, or a hot lesbian couple.

Quote Originally Posted by HAMC8112
    Yeah, or a hot lesbian couple.
    Hey, they tolerate people of different sexualities (as long as they are straight), people of any religion (as long as that religion is Islam), and people of any political viewpoint (as long as you agree with them 100% of the time).

No one can say they're not a tolerant kind of folk over there.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SaroDarksbane
    Hey, they tolerate people of different sexualities (as long as they are straight), people of any religion (as long as that religion is Islam), and people of any political viewpoint (as long as you agree with them 100% of the time).

I'm guessing you're talking about republicans here?:shocked:

IncGamers Member
    I heard their view put this way: They're not killing him for being a Christian, but for leaving Islam. Had he been Jewish and converted, no one would have cared.

Hey, that's Sharia for you. For the 7th and 8th centuries, it was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by alexzed
    I'm guessing you're talking about republicans here?:shocked:
    Ba-dump TISH!

They're called "radical fundamentalists" for a reason. I'm not shocked by anything I hear anymore. That said, you will always hear about the crazy, fundamentalist Muslims. You will never read a news story about the average, normal Muslim but it's important to realize that they are the vast majority.

Quote Originally Posted by SaroDarksbane

Over there...

You forgot their openness towards sexual promiscuity (as long as it involves the punitive rape of a woman not wearing her head towel) and their support of children (as long as they're pre-teen females, aka houris, being married{?} off to old men like the Ayatollah Komeni).

Quote Originally Posted by innorton38
    They're called "radical fundamentalists" for a reason. I'm not shocked by anything I hear anymore. That said, you will always hear about the crazy, fundamentalist Muslims. You will never read a news story about the average, normal Muslim but it's important to realize that they are the vast majority.
    I think it depends on the region in question. Afghanistan & Saudi Arabia are by no means what Westerners would consider "normal", yet places like Iraq, Jordan, and Malaysia certainly could be. It isn't so much a question of their belief system as how bad their religious traditions have been colored by local & historical influences.