Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Question on CTA HS prebuff

I recently saw a cta built in a mace type weapon with +1 to HS selling for a lot. I am under the impression that it is for the prebuff of an extra +skill in HS. My question is, why would this be feasible?

Compare:
    +1 HS CTA + spirit = +3 HS
    +3 hoto + hoz/spirit = More than +3 HS

Why prebuff with the +1 HS CTA? What am I missing here?

IncGamers Member
    The Septer mace can come with many pally skills. It can be found with +3HS and 5 Sockets = Great CTA for pally.

What you are missing is this: Certain dueling leagues or clubs allow you to prebuff with only what you character is wearing ,without any visits to the stash. This particular cta allows a person to boost his life and prebuff his holy shield at the same time without having to choose eg between a cta and an astreon's +4 combat skills.+3 HS scepters are extremely expensive,it is almost grotesque.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xtc
    The Septer mace can come with many pally skills. It can be found with +3HS and 5 Sockets = Great CTA for pally.
    I understand. But this particular one was just +1, yet still sold for an insane amount (to me at least). Even if it were +3, it would still only equal the hoto.

EDIT: kingdryland, your answer makes sense, I hadn't thought about dueling leagues. It's still amazing to me that +1 would sell for that much (+3 I can understand..)

Quote Originally Posted by terpfan
    I understand. But this particular one was just +1, yet still sold for an insane amount (to me at least)
    any +HS ctas will be sold for a fair amount, but +3 will cost a arm and a leg.
    this is an item that is not normally spawn'd by the servers.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gorash
    any +HS ctas will be sold for a fair amount, but +3 will cost a arm and a leg.
    this is an item that is not normally spawn'd by the servers.
    So in essence, part of the pricing actually has to do with the rarity of spawning the +HS mod?

There are various threads in statistics forum. HS mod is not supposed to be found on a scepter,make a search.

Banned
    also, a +1 HS cta has +1 HS +1 All skills, aka +2 HS total, but yes, it's not equal to a hoto. But, if you get a +3 HS cta, you get +3 HS +1 All and then +2 All from spirit, making it total +3 All +3 HS, total +6 HS.

IncGamers Member
    Doesn't cta add +1 skill anyway?

Banned
    Yes, so really, a scepter with +1 to certain pal skills won't help that much after all. And they are too expensive. Just make CTA in crystal sword.