Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

View Poll Results: Bots are Evil~

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Burn them! Burn the traitorous dogs! (bots)

25 58.14%
  • Everyone has to deal with bots, this would waste resources trying to kill them.

3 6.98%
  • I don't feel the effect of bots, except jumping on the occasional Baal-run with a bot.

13 30.23%
  • Your crazy, bots are helping this game.

2 4.65%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Alien movie franchise.

Another poll

Which is your favourite film from the Alien movie franchise? I personally rank them as follows:

Aliens>>Alien: Resurrection>>>Alien>Alien vs. Predator>>Alien³.

Yes I included AvP, a contentious decision, it being a crossover film but I preferred it to Alien³ and I believe in terms of box office it came second only to Aliens. James Cameron also ranked it 3rd in the franchise earlier this year, so that's good enough for me.

I'm not keen on Alien³ but I was pleasantly surprised by Alien: Resurrection, particularly with the poor reputation it has gained. Overall my favourite is easily the extended version of Aliens.

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar
    you make me want to puke!

Alien>Aliens>Alien:Resurrection>Alien3

how could you possibly have resurrection ahead of ALIEN???

the only reason I even have it ahead of 3 is because of Winona

IncGamers Member
    Alien was by far the best film of the four (five if you count AvP as a movie) Aliens was second, as it was a great straight up shootout. Alien 3 was tolerable, but the director made a mistake in the shots through the Alien's eyes, and the unnecessary death of Newt. She could have died in a spectacular, bloody fashion in front of Ripley and made her death-dive into the furnaces more personal. Alien Ressurection, ugh. The final monster was almost Jabba the Hutt bad animatronics. The Marines were laughable, I mean, in Aliens, a team of a dozen kicked a lot of *** before getting eaten, melted or dismemebered, and a whole ship full of soldiers get shown up by a cripple, a clone, and an android?
    AvP should never have been made, at least not in anyway connected to the Alien movies.

Meh, I hated Ressurection.

Aliens > Alien > Alien 3 > Alien: Res > AvP

------------------------------------------
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Aliens>Alien>Alien 3>Resurrection>AvP

They should'ive just ended the Franchise with Alien 3 IMO

Alien>Aliens.

Those are the only 2 I've seen.

Aliens >= Alien > Alien 3 <> Alien: Res = AvP = fatuous dross.

Alien was the prototype monster movie for modern cinema. The scenario was added goodness.

Aliens was the closest thing to a heroic war movie that most GenX'ers will ever see; the only other uncompromising "noble war" movies will be fantasy like LotR. Some people joke about understanding orcs; nobody talks about sympathising with the Queen for losing her face-sucker eggs. Where else can infanticide and regicide be celebrated so openly?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Housewares

how could you possibly have resurrection ahead of ALIEN???
    If I were to rate them on how good they were for their time then Alien would clearly be best in my opinion, however judging them all together as they stand now I would prefer to watch Resurrection instead of Alien.

I remember I was a little kid when the original three came out, and I owned almost all of the action figures. They are so badass, I still have them.

Alien - the original. Great sets and cinematography, well-paced, lots of tension, an atmosphere that is freaky and Lovecraftian without actually cribbing Lovecraft. He would have loved that film had he lived to see it.

The Giger design for the alien costume (that we barely see) is just simply awesome. I love the extended cut of the film too - except for the last bit about the crew turning into eggs for the next batch of nasties. I prefer Cameron's concept with the Queen.

Aliens was a great film too. The others ... well, not quite up to scratch but entertaining. As far as putting them in order of awesomeness, I think Ash got it about right.

AvP sucked in my not so humble opinion. I wasted $20 on two theater tickets for that piece of crap.