Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The dark forrest of Ewing
    Posts
    159

    The humble dream of a scammed fool

    “I wish all scammers would die, I really do!”

    That’s the first thought that hit me yesterday when some random noob calling dumb’sum ***** tricked me out of my one and only high rune, a self found Gul. In reality it’s my own fall as I did not think, it’s just so much easier to aim my rage at him.

    I have been a member at this forum for some time now, and read lot’s of different ideas as to why people do this, spanning from theories of sexually frustrated preteens, to moronic adults who is just that stupid. But still, I do not get it. Why do some people feel like they have to screw other players over to make the game fun. Maybe it’s because I never cheat in games, since that really takes away the whole point in playing, maybe it’s because I’m just older than most of these scammers, and don’t need to **** with people to make me feel big and important, because in real life all the big kids make fun of my acne, glasses and the fact that I couldn’t get a girl even if she was blind and deaf.

    I could go on with this for the rest of the day… Not going to though, because my point is:

    I have a dream!
    I dream of a Battle.net separated into two different parts, one for kids under the age of 18, and one for the rest of us. I Dream of the day when Blizzard will step up to the plate and clean out amongst us, and remove all those who use map hack, dupe items and runes, use third party programs to scam people, use other peoples CD keys and generally cheat and steal when ever they damn well please. I Dream of an online milieu where one day my kids will be able to play without being hassled by 50-75% of the players. Where people come together and enjoy the idea of gaming as it was intended by Bill Roper, Mike Huang and the rest of the D2 team.

    I have a dream today!

    To conclude, I of cause do not think the scammers should die (maybe a little… no no of cause not). Instead I wish they would grow up. That would at least be a step in the right direction.

    Have a nice day.

    Yours truly

    Cheers




  2. #2
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    116
    If you fall for scams, 99% of the time it's your own fault. Resulting to childish insults of "greasy-faced teens with no lives" proves nothing but your own immaturity. It sucks that you got scammed, yes, and there's no justification for people doing it, no, but it's extremely hypocritical of you to hurl insults at peopl you deem "immature."

    Now that this is established... sorry about you getting scammed. It's happened to me once (the ol' Bait and Switch Trade Window technique when I was too lazy to check that he'd put back the same item). How'd he do it?




  3. #3
    IncGamers Member Dawnmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    5,818
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyPhoenix
    Now that this is established... sorry about you getting scammed. It's happened to me once (the ol' Bait and Switch Trade Window technique when I was too lazy to check that he'd put back the same item). How'd he do it?
    Actually there are 2 worse techniques out there:
    1) a hack that allows another player to force his trade window to stay open, that way, when he accepts ok for a person to trade, he's actually marking his previous (unseen) trade window to green
    2) a hack that allows a player to switch items without the mark box turning red

    I've never seen either, only heard via via, so I'm not entirally convinced they're true, but still, better safe than sorry




  4. #4
    IncGamers Member Stompwampa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    4,370
    Quote Originally Posted by ferentix
    “I wish all scammers would die, I really do!”

    That’s the first thought that hit me yesterday when some random noob calling dumb’sum ***** tricked me out of my one and only high rune, a self found Gul. In reality it’s my own fall as I did not think, it’s just so much easier to aim my rage at him.

    I have been a member at this forum for some time now, and read lot’s of different ideas as to why people do this, spanning from theories of sexually frustrated preteens, to moronic adults who is just that stupid. But still, I do not get it. Why do some people feel like they have to screw other players over to make the game fun. Maybe it’s because I never cheat in games, since that really takes away the whole point in playing, maybe it’s because I’m just older than most of these scammers, and don’t need to **** with people to make me feel big and important, because in real life all the big kids make fun of my acne, glasses and the fact that I couldn’t get a girl even if she was blind and deaf.

    I could go on with this for the rest of the day… Not going to though, because my point is:

    I have a dream!
    I dream of a Battle.net separated into two different parts, one for kids under the age of 18, and one for the rest of us. I Dream of the day when Blizzard will step up to the plate and clean out amongst us, and remove all those who use map hack, dupe items and runes, use third party programs to scam people, use other peoples CD keys and generally cheat and steal when ever they damn well please. I Dream of an online milieu where one day my kids will be able to play without being hassled by 50-75% of the players. Where people come together and enjoy the idea of gaming as it was intended by Bill Roper, Mike Huang and the rest of the D2 team.

    I have a dream today!

    To conclude, I of cause do not think the scammers should die (maybe a little… no no of cause not). Instead I wish they would grow up. That would at least be a step in the right direction.

    Have a nice day.

    Yours truly

    Cheers

    As awe inspiring as your little speech was...and it did make me smile :-)

    It's just another post to add to the list of stupid things that happen on b.net...

    there should be a seperate forum to filter all that thgouh...but then again, it would just be the same post over and over again...worded differently...so nevermind that idea.

    I liked your dream though...but I think someone already made a speech like that back in the 60's....




  5. #5
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnmaster
    Actually there are 2 worse techniques out there:
    1) a hack that allows another player to force his trade window to stay open, that way, when he accepts ok for a person to trade, he's actually marking his previous (unseen) trade window to green
    2) a hack that allows a player to switch items without the mark box turning red

    I've never seen either, only heard via via, so I'm not entirally convinced they're true, but still, better safe than sorry
    There's a difference between being scammed and being hacked.




  6. #6
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    alkmaar, netherlands
    Posts
    636
    and all about that no peeps under 18, im 17 and a "normal" gamer without using cheats and all, u should get rid of all those 12-year old damn annoying german spammers, i really ****in hate them :smile:




  7. #7
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The dark forrest of Ewing
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyPhoenix
    If you fall for scams, 99% of the time it's your own fault. Resulting to childish insults of "greasy-faced teens with no lives" proves nothing but your own immaturity. It sucks that you got scammed, yes, and there's no justification for people doing it, no, but it's extremely hypocritical of you to hurl insults at peopl you deem "immature."

    Now that this is established... sorry about you getting scammed. It's happened to me once (the ol' Bait and Switch Trade Window technique when I was too lazy to check that he'd put back the same item). How'd he do it?
    First of, as I said my self, I am aware it is my own fault, and I did spend the remainder of the day being pissed at myself for being so stupid. Second, there is no name calling per say. Yes I'm generalising and it is meant as a joke, since not all scammers if even one of them is like the one I described. I don't know any scammers in real life, and I'm sorry if this offended you in any way, but that is just how I picture them. I can't see why any normal person in their right mind would wanna diminish the fun of playing a game for someone ells, with no reason what so ever, other than being an idiot. I know I called the guy that scammed me a dumb ****, even though, as you pointed out, it is my own fault. But in my eyes somebody who would do a thing like that is and idiot. Immature or not.

    With that being said, I got scammed the same way you did… :rolleyes:

    Quote Originally Posted by Stompwampa
    I liked your dream though...but I think someone already made a speech like that back in the 60's....
    Hmm is that so... maybe I should look into that, you may be right


    Quote Originally Posted by bluedragoon
    and all about that no peeps under 18, im 17 and a "normal" gamer without using cheats and all, u should get rid of all those 12-year old damn annoying german spammers, i really ****in hate them :smile:
    Again, just generalising for the fun of it, of cause this do not apply to all gamers under the age of 18... no offence


    Cheers




  8. #8
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Masshole
    Posts
    1,085
    Last night I made a game SOJ 4 NIGMA. I wanted a crappy Nigma for my Telezerker. Open window, put in SOJ. He puts in a Wyrmhyde Enigma. I click Accept, SOJ goes back to my inventury. He says "Need Room?" I say "No..I must have hit the wrong button. Then we open again to trade, he puts in armor, my SOJ...and I get a Hard Leather Armor.

    Must be a new hack that automatically says the inventory if full when you go to trade....there is now was he could time it out. Unless he filled his inventory when he first accepted, then equipped something to make room. It sucks because now I'm left with my eBOTD Thunder Maul and I'll have to use it on a Charger instead of my intended TeleZerker. Eh, I'll make a nice smackdown Pally.




  9. #9
    IncGamers Member Klćmint Vágadal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Faroe Islands
    Posts
    1,619
    I got scammed for a lot of stuff, BK4% ring, Blessed Hand (3+ pally skill wp) and a Guardian Angel(Kids, DONT DROP TRADE!). It was when i just started to play and when i got a good offer i was to exicited to trade that i forgot the check items and so on. Now i ALWAYS check everything! There are altso hacks that change the item without the "Klick" sound (or was it me that did not listen..?) and the button turning red. So just watch out!




  10. #10
    IncGamers Member phool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    2,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnmaster
    Actually there are 2 worse techniques out there:
    1) a hack that allows another player to force his trade window to stay open, that way, when he accepts ok for a person to trade, he's actually marking his previous (unseen) trade window to green
    2) a hack that allows a player to switch items without the mark box turning red

    I've never seen either, only heard via via, so I'm not entirally convinced they're true, but still, better safe than sorry
    They do exist, I update myself on current hacks every now and then. But don't worry too much, the actual execution is quite complicated and requires a little odd behaviour on the scammer's part as I remember.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •