Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rwm...

IncGamers Member

rwm...

overall, is it worth going with the mod to get the extra runewords? i have always enjoyed playing d2 without it, but i see all those extra runewords and i wonder....

whats everyones opinion??

My opinion: no.

Others enjoy the RWM very much, so it really depends on your play style.

IncGamers Member
    The real question, to me, is more if you can manage to find all the high runes needed to create the runewords enabled by the RWM. I tried the mod for a while, and the only runeword I actually did was Spirit in a long sword, wich was very very usefull for my sorceress. I was planning on doing the Insight runeword for her mercenary, but I got bored of playing the character long before I could get the runes for it.

Overall, if you can get the runes, go for it. It can enable some really nice weapons/armors for you and your mercenary, and it's not like they give you all the runewords already made. You still need to get all the components on your own.

Depends on your playstyle, and perhaps also your mood.

I play SC when I want powerful chars that can blast through hordes so they get every last advantage, therefore they get rwm. (I don't have any high runes, but there are several good runewords that don't require above Um anyway) It's fun to have acess to everything.

I play HC for the challenge and enjoyment of playing untwinked so these chars are vanilla.

Needless to say, all stashes are totally separate so there can be no mixing of the two. (HC/SC or rwm/vanilla)

For Spirit and Insight, practically the only thing it's good for, I don't think it's worth it. As for Grief, I still hold my belief, I'm not much of a PvPer, nor a meleer at that, so it doesn't make much sense to install it imo.

Quote Originally Posted by nepeta
    For Spirit and Insight, practically the only thing it's good for, I don't think it's worth it. As for Grief, I still hold my belief, I'm not much of a PvPer, nor a meleer at that, so it doesn't make much sense to install it imo.
    You don't like Edge/Harmony/Oath/Obedience?

Or Death/Fortitude/Grief when talking about more expensive RW's?

:shocked:

Death is not expensive like Grief and Fortitude, the first is nice, but I can do without them. The rest isn't nescessary at all.

I'm not even considering blowing runes on things like Edge/Harmony/Oath/Obedience, and Death is rather cute, didn't even see it before, but still can do without it.

Considering, yes indeed, I do like those runewords, the moment those runewords were legitly made available by Blizzard, I'd make Grief and probably Death on the first day, but as it is now, I've got more than enough projects going on which do not involve those overpowered runewords, and I respect Blizzards choice of witholding them the SPF community. To me it is similar to many restrictions other SPFers impose on themselves, of course externally applied. My rules: 1 version only, being the current on realms, no mods, any 'bug' is to be considered a feature, ATMA and MP allowed. And yes, it is arbitrary, of course it's arbitrary, but it's fun, and as long as it's fun and I've got a couple of people to MP with once in a while, I'm happy

happy xxx

nepeta

BattleTag Hrus-1210
    Quote Originally Posted by nepeta
    I respect Blizzards choice of witholding them the SPF community. To me it is similar to many restrictions other SPFers impose on themselves, of course externally applied. My rules: 1 version only, being the current on realms, no mods, any 'bug' is to be considered a feature, ATMA and MP allowed.
    Similar playing rules as mine, also I added no trading to my personal rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrus
    Similar playing rules as mine, also I added no trading to my personal rules.
    Yep, just like me.

IncGamers Member
    I've thought about switching to RWM (not RRM ^^) sometimes, but I always threw away the idea in the end. But tell me... what restrictions do I get in the SPF, if I use it?