Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    You have to purchase new cdkeys for each installation. BNet will only allow each cdkey to be online once at a time, for both Diablo II and LoD.

Banned
    I'm stepping in here pretty late, but you have, in total, 4 different CD keys, correct? Two for classic, two for expansion?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ModeratelyConfused View Post
    I'm stepping in here pretty late, but you have, in total, 4 different CD keys, correct? Two for classic, two for expansion?
    Yes, I have 2 of each.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatWasShockin View Post
    Ok, I got them both installed. Now it says I'm already logged on to the CD-key. I've re-installed them a few times to make sure I used the right keys. Any ideas?
    Make sure both installations can log onto battle.net seperately (ie, log one in, and if it works log it out and log the other one in).

Also, if the CD-Key error message doesn't mention anything about the expansion (lord of destruction) then it'll be the classic CD-Key that is currently in use.

Banned
    K, I can log on to each one seperatley. I swapped the CD-Keys around just a minute ago when I tried it again, and the one I install last is the one it says is in use.

I just figured it out. They were trying to start from the same location so I clicked properties and changed it to the modified 2 instead of II. Thanks for all the help.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Orphan;4852379]Are both installations are in seperate directories? In other words, you aren't running the same installation on two profiles? I'm just thinking that they might be using the same bnet cache files, which could cause you to get disconnected.

Now this is happening haha, how would I fix that?

Banned
    Ok, I finally got it figured out and everything is working well.

IncGamers Member
    Alrite, I have 4 cd-keys, just purchased them. However, when I install one on the administrator account, and then the other set of d2 discs on the other account, it always says that the cd-key is already in use.

I renamed both of the places for them to be installed, and it still says that one's being used by the other, even though I installed 2 different programs..

Quote Originally Posted by Barnical View Post
    Alrite, I have 4 cd-keys, just purchased them. However, when I install one on the administrator account, and then the other set of d2 discs on the other account, it always says that the cd-key is already in use.

I renamed both of the places for them to be installed, and it still says that one's being used by the other, even though I installed 2 different programs..
    Assuming you're 100% sure that you've used different D2 Classic + D2 LOD keys for each installation, then try to run the game directly from the D2 installation folders (they should all be in seperate installation folders) instead of any shortcuts (in the event that you are using shortcuts).

Also, when it mentions that the key is in use, does it have any mention of "lord of destruction"? If not, then it's the D2 classic CD-key that is in use.

Wow at last a solution to mule on Bnet without having to buy a 2nd PC.

What about the memory needed to run the system ?
    Does it dramatically slow it down, does it cause lag ?

I should be on the safe side with 2.4 Ghz, 1024 RAM, but for obscure reason (despite the regular scan anti everything nasty ), my system is wierd and a bit slow.... boot takes 100 seconds and generally % CPU is quite high ... but I am going OT.