Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxpein
    I followed the instructions here and installed two copies of D2 but when I try to enter a game from my second copy I always get connection interrupted after 30 seconds. My original installation works fine but with the second copy I always get this annoying problem :sad2:
    Are both installations are in seperate directories? In other words, you aren't running the same installation on two profiles? I'm just thinking that they might be using the same bnet cache files, which could cause you to get disconnected.

Quote Originally Posted by xix sephra
    forogt to mention fast switching and loading up game will add a 500memory footprint easy.... with a loader you would only gain 120m from the extra diablo instance and you could then alt tab very fast between or run windowed :/
    The main point of this thread was to be able to run two copies of D2 without the use of third party programs. Using third party programs always has an associated risk, and it was something that we were trying to avoid with this setup. This include loaders and hacked dll files.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Evrae Altana
    Yes, you're allowed to log on the same account using two copies simultaneously. However, you cannot log onto the same character twice at the same time obviously.
    Sorry for spelling "allowed" improperly, anyways, nice 18,000 posts and only signed in on 2005 thats... never seen so much before. Incredible

Quote Originally Posted by xix sephra
    with a loader you would only gain 120m from the extra diablo instance and you could then alt tab very fast between or run windowed :/
    Amazing how you neglected to mention the risk of getting keylogged and/or banned.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kalvydas View Post
    After instalation of first copy, rename folder (change from DiabloII to Diablo2). And then install second copy.
    I'm having the same problem as him, and when I change the name it still won't let me install.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatWasShockin View Post
    I'm having the same problem as him, and when I change the name it still won't let me install.
    What I did was
    1) uninstall d2
    2) install one set of D2 on A user - rename folder diablo 2
    3) create shortcut
    4) Intall other set of d2 discs on B user and create shortcut

Mine works fine

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldane View Post
    Sorry for spelling "allowed" improperly, anyways, nice 18,000 posts and only signed in on 2005 thats... never seen so much before. Incredible
    He's such a poser.

[/jealous]

Banned
    I installed all three of my D2 CD keys on the same user account. I renamed the D2 folders 1stcdkey, 2ndcdkey and 3rdcdkey. I created a shotcut to 1stcdkey on user account A. I then logged onto user account B and created a shortcut to 2ndcdkey. I logged onto user account C and created a shortcut to 3rdcdkey. Hope that helps.

Banned
    To rename the all you do is right click the folder and click rename, correct?

Yeah. Or press F2, or click on the name of the folder (after it's highlighted).

Banned
    Ok, I got them both installed. Now it says I'm already logged on to the CD-key. I've re-installed them a few times to make sure I used the right keys. Any ideas?