Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    I didn't know about the windows key + L for fast switch. When the ladder resets I might give this a try, I currently have no interest in Diablo. Plus my accounts should be expiring any day now

IncGamers Member
    In case anyone is interested, this works in Mac OS X as well.

Just install the 2nd copy of D2 in a separate user's account. Turn on Fast User Switching in System Preferences->Accounts->Login Options. Run the game in window mode (once in the game, user command-M to switch to window mode).

As long as you don't try to enter the chat screen with 2 characters on the same computer, it works fine.

Quick question

Do both discs need to be in a time as I play on laptop and would be pretty screwed if they did?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBhoy
    Quick question

Do both discs need to be in a time as I play on laptop and would be pretty screwed if they did?
    Nope, sure dont.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by killian27
    Nope, sure dont.

Erm? Wont i need to put both diablo2 LoD discs into 2 separate cd-roms? :shocked:

Quote Originally Posted by theBizz
    Erm? Wont i need to put both diablo2 LoD discs into 2 separate cd-roms? :shocked:
    Nope. The cd-key itself is not tied to any particular cd. You just need any diablo 2 LOD cd in your cd-rom for it to work. I've been using this method all week long to self mule and self rush, with great results!

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Athelstan
    Nope. The cd-key itself is not tied to any particular cd. You just need any diablo 2 LOD cd in your cd-rom for it to work. I've been using this method all week long to self mule and self rush, with great results!
    Hm.. So to run 2 copies of diablo LoD i'll need additional diablo 2 cd-key, additional LoD cd-key and 1 disc of any LoD to run both copies? :scratch:

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theBizz
    Hm.. So to run 2 copies of diablo LoD i'll need additional diablo 2 cd-key, additional LoD cd-key and 1 disc of any LoD to run both copies? :scratch:
    You are correct...

IncGamers Member
    Hmm..wish i woulda known this before i built my second comp...and bought a second copy. Of course i didn't build the second for D2.

Ahh well. new comp is way better, and its just as easy using two comps. easier actually.

Switching profiles is basically like running two computers. Instead of moving from one computer to another you just switch the profile. Its pretty much the same thing, you're just using the same computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Brona
    Hmm..wish i woulda known this before i built my second comp...and bought a second copy. Of course i didn't build the second for D2.

Ahh well. new comp is way better, and its just as easy using two comps. easier actually.