Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

One Hit and Kablam!!

Been playing D2 LOD for a long while and thought I had seen most every type of monster/unique combos. Last night, my level 90 zealer paladin, along with my level 90 killer might merc ran into quite a surprise in the Arcane Sanctuary. During a key run (for which I do tank through the level with my zealor and merc looking for runes and hopefully a key) in a Players =1 game, we ran into a mob of those "goat thingies" (forget the name). I went to hit the first and KABLAMM! I'm toast! Lying there wondering what happened, I see there were actually 2 unique/minion packs all together. However, none of the mods listed seemed out of the ordinary - one was Might for sure.

Has anyone else ran into these "1 hit wonders" before? The only other monster that comes close to this for me are the Stygian Dolls, but they are at least survivable. I have about 1200 hp (no BO), ~12000 def, holy shield and max block.

Could they have had Iron Maiden? If anyone can shed some light, I'd appreciate it, now that I am sort of "scared" to go back to the Arcane. LOL.

Namaste

Maybe he also had extra strong and cursed mods. The amp triggered when he hit you, but you didnt see it because you got killed rightaway. I think all monsters also have a 5% chance of doing a critical hit (double damage).

Maybe the other boss had fanaticsm but you only saw might because only one aura is displayed even if several can stack. Cant think of anything else. Do you have any damage reduction gear ?

IncGamers Member
    Maybe fire enchanted too? I heard that can be quite deadly.

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar
    how are your resists?

I have max resists at least - about 15% DR. I'm thinking maybe Might + Amplify damage - got me before I could begin leech or life tap. Hell, thats alot of damge either way.

Banned
    Probably a fire enchanted unique.

IncGamers Member
    cursed extra strong korlic leap attack = 6k+ damage in one hit

gg in hardcore

or try pre-1.08 hell hephasto, default extra strong extra fast cursed = speed demon killing machine at 4k damage per swing

Banned
    The worst I've ever seen involved a huge area in WSK in which every monster had Might and Fanaticism. There were also Amp cursing people and IM cursing people, Gloams and Death Lords. Conviction is also bad, maybe one of the monsters that killed you had it. That and Fire Enchanted is lethal.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xNamastex
    I went to hit the first and KABLAMM! I'm toast!
    I wonder. Did you manage to hit one of them? If so, was it one of the bosses?

If the one you hit (if you did) was a fire+lightning enchanted boss, that would explain the seemingly one-hit kill, because there is some sort of a bug in relation to them. It involves something about the corpse explosion damage being activated after each release of charged bolts--quite deadly for a character who is attacking the boss while within the monster's corpse explosion radius. Along with amp or an aura like might, fanaticism, or conviction, it would be even worse. A similar effect also applies to mummies and lightning beetles.

If you don't quite understand what I'm trying to describe, try attacking a FELE (fire enchanted, lightning enchanted) monster up close.