Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Finraug
    Well, except against big guys or super uniques, CB never comes into play as a 2 handed WW will kill anything else in the game in 1 maybe 2 hits.

an average grief zerger does around 422 damage. my eth botd glorious axe averages out to 690 damage. Even figuring a eth zerk at perfect damage you are still getting an average of less then 500. so yes, if you hit with both your axes, you do more damage on average. However, if we go max damage a dualer does less max damage then a 2 hander and you would have to account for the fact that anything that takes multiple hits to kill you will miss a fifth of the time, whereas 2 handers have to hit less times to do comparable damage.

The idea that either way is superior in PvM is a mute point however as both will kill whatever you are trying to kill, and do it quickly. So it comes down to a point of preference, which being a subjective ideal under the best of circumstances, relegates arguing this point further a waste of time.
    if you kill "anything" except super uniques in 1-2 hits you are indeed playing normal 1-player games.
    8-player hell games consist of 90% endless whirling at packs of monsters with thousands and thousands of life. crushing blow with 2 weapons makes all the difference in the world. i suggest you try it.

your crappy glorious axe does 92 damage on average, last time i checked 95>>>92. not only is it less damage, that slow-*** axe doesn't even meet the last ww bp. do you have any clue of how much damage over time you lose compared to 4 fpa weapons?

the rest of your post is just inconsistent blabbering without any relevance whatsoever. this: "anything that takes multiple hits to kill you will miss a fifth of the time, whereas 2 handers have to hit less times to do comparable damage." is a joke right?

IncGamers Member
    ok a eth botd does more dmg on barbs while leeching at the same time ive seena it more effective for bvb if u have the right charms/ jewels to boost the dmg. BVA barbs should use grief for instant death XD

IncGamers Member
    May I ask 1 question? Isn't hit check on the second weapon only done at every 8th frames, or am I missing something here? I was under that impression after reading some of the guides, so correct me if I am wrong. If that is the case......, I see no point in dual wielding except grief + beast.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimeCraze
    May I ask 1 question? Isn't hit check on the second weapon only done at every 8th frames, or am I missing something here? I was under that impression after reading some of the guides, so correct me if I am wrong. If that is the case......, I see no point in dual wielding except grief + beast.
    both weapons hit each 4:th frame except for the first 4:th frame where only the primary hits.

IncGamers Member
    Would Beast and Last Wish zerkers be a viable combo? Wouldn't the might aura really boost the damage?

Generally beast is used to boost general damage and ar and help the second brutal weapon (grief/ebotd). If you take that off and add another weapon with mediocre damage that gives an aura,you kinda miss the point. You sacrifice ALOT of straight ed from the weapon for an aura that acts like off weapon ed. And it is not worth it.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Basel3-2612
    Uhm. Last Wish has no ias. In ww both weapon ias is considered. In this case Last Wish would hit less frequently independently from Fanaticism aura ?
    Only mod useful for a LW in ww would be cb, and might aura, but we would trigger no LT, nor Fade. I think no ias weapon like lw or death are better used in Frenzy Barbarians as secondaries. But this is a ww thread soooooo...

IncGamers Member
    my lvl 84 WW barb uses ebotd Thunder maul. I prefer two handed weapons over dual wielding because:

1. The range is greater, good for both PVP and PVM

2. The damage IS more than dual wielding, this is so because when you dual wield whirlwind, even though you do attack more, it's not twice as much, and in whirlwind, you could kill someone in one hit with a ebotd tmaul.

3. with botd, you have a -25% target defense bonus which is good for PVP

4. The dual leech also comes in handy in PVP once in a while.

Also remember that botd has +30 to all attributes, which adds to your attack rating, defense, and life too.

However if you do make a 2 handed botd, it HAS to be in a n ethereal thunder maul and you should probably max out shout to compensate for lack of defense.

Your other gear also makes a huge impact on your performance, I use
    metalgrid (for the defense),
    steelrends(damage),
    arreats face(the only helm a barb should be using),
    goreriders (deadly strike, crushing blow, open wounds),
    Verdungos (life and damage reduce).

Another good combo is shield + weapon if you're on the defensive side.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meatydik
    my lvl 84 WW barb uses ebotd Thunder maul. I prefer two handed weapons over dual wielding because:

2. The damage IS more than dual wielding, this is so because when you dual wield whirlwind, even though you do attack more, it's not twice as much, and in whirlwind, you could kill someone in one hit with a ebotd tmaul.

Also remember that botd has +30 to all attributes, which adds to your attack rating, defense, and life too.

However if you do make a 2 handed botd, it HAS to be in a n ethereal thunder maul and you should probably max out shout to compensate for lack of defense.

steelrends(damage),

I have no idea where you're coming from with this post man.

Not only is that wrong, but it's probably one of the WORST choices. Thundermaul is only a range of 3, which contradicts your first bullet point. Berserker axe is 3 as well. If you want to use a 2-hander, go with either a polearm or spear.
    Great pole axe - 5 range, base 0 speed
    Giant thresher - 5 range, base -10
    Ghost spear - 5 range, base 0
    War pike - 5 base, base 20... too slow

All of those would be much better choices than a t-maul. I'd go with a Giant thresher b/c it's unique and looks hot. Its high dex req (140), doesn't have much relevance in PvM.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meatydik

steelrends(damage),

wow you are so wrong i dont know where to start almost every advise you give are so very wrong