Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    I'm basically a silly goth boy (but all grown up now): Bauhaus, Joy Division, Nine Inch Nails, Cure, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Ministry, Thrill Kill Kult, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredd
    Lately I've been getting a kick out of downloading and listening to old cylinder recordings from this preservation site.

Wow, that's a great site! Thanks for the link, Dredd.

I love all kinds of music from many different time periods, styles, languages, instruments....opera, folk, waltzes, cajun, rock, country, polkas, tin pan alley, ballads, blues, rhythm & blues, whatever... with a few exceptions:

I hate discordant stuff (much jazz, "feedback" stuff, screaming...) and
    I hate most disco and
    I hate music that promotes or wallows in degradation.

Jude

I listen mainly metal: Slipknot, Slayer, Sepultura, Dew-Scented, Dragonforce. From rap music I like DMX.

BattleTag Asator-2130
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn2k
    Yes.

They were BM until they released "Pandemonic Incantations". This was pretty much their first DM album, but they still have some BM elements left, so many call them "Blackened Death Metal". Oh and I think you should really try out Demigod, if you like Zos, Kia, Cultus. It's the same sound, but much more aggressive, yet more complex and interesting imho. I can't get enough of that album...

AIGH!! I got home... turned on the PC... checked my mails... deleted mails that looked like spam mails... loaded the SPF... remembered that you sent me a charm... DOH! I must have deleted it...:kiss:

Yes, Megadeth rock. Except Cryptic Writings, Risk and The World needs a Hero, that is...
    Want me to send that again ?

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivious
    Want me to send that again ?
    Did you dupe it or what? But no, I haven't earned it. I didn't even know the album of your avatar, I just browsed the discographies of the bands you mentioned and found it. ^^ And after all an Expert's Grand Charm isn't that useful...

Quote Originally Posted by Jude
    [...] discordant stuff (much jazz [...]
    Hey, some jazz might sound discordant, but that's only the minority. Either that or the Discord Bar hangs much lower for you than for me ...

Did you dupe it or what?
    He's probably got it in the 'sent items' box ...

BattleTag turfsmurf-2337
    I believe that no music sounds discordant. If it does, one needs to listen to it more. Example: Confield by Autechre, a random concert of spinning hubcaps and sandpaper to some, music to others.
    I sometimes even rock to the sound of trains/the washing machine :dunce:.

BattleTag Asator-2130
    Did you dupe it or what? But no, I haven't earned it. I didn't even know the album of your avatar, I just browsed the discographies of the bands you mentioned and found it. ^^ And after all an Expert's Grand Charm isn't that useful...
    Oh come on ...
    You know that when sending items you always keep backup and await for confirmation ! If you don't want this I will keep it.

Roger McGuinn (formerly of The Birds) is recording old folksongs that may be in danger of being forgotten and making them available as free MP3s at the following sites:

http://www.ibiblio.org/jimmy/folkden-wp/

http://www.reveries.com/folkden/

You can also subscribe to them as an iTunes podcast.

Pretty cool.

Jude

IncGamers Member
    I listen to Metal.

Stuff like:
    Annihilator, Anthrax, Blind Guardian, Brainstorm, Crimson Glory, Dio, Evergrey, Gamma Ray, Hammerfall, Iced Earth, Kamelot, Leatherwolf, Manowar, Nevermore, Rage, Sentenced, Tad Morose, etc.

yes, there's power metal for every occasion. (And some thrash, and so forth)