Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Bnet Lagging badly?

Just wanted to make sure it's not just me.

Bnet seems to lag MUCH worse than it did when I played last, which was a couple months ago.. It's like every 5 minutes, the ping goes up to 4k for like 30-40 secs, then comes back down.

This is pretty consistent.

Also, even average pings seem to fluctuate WAY more than they used to.

Anyone else experiencing this? And are there any know causes/solutions?

thanks for any input.

edit:

ALSO, WTF is with these forums? Posting leads you to an Error Page, and often you inadvertantly double-post. Hah, the whole d2 universe seems to be unravelling.

IncGamers Member
    yeah on east lag ish bad, teh lag also, forums takin a poop or somthing

IncGamers Member
    No, you're not alone. This lag spike issue has been around since the near beginnings of 1.10. Sometimes it happens constantly; Sometimes there will be days when it doesn't happen at all. Luck, I guess.

As for the forums, I haven't the slightest. Although, there were a number of related threads about it.

To quote a reply from one of those threads...
    Quote Originally Posted by rykuss
    Just revisit the forum through your "favorite's" link instead of refreshing. It won't show up on the main page but it's still there.

IncGamers Member
    yep USeast is lagging hardcore. If it lags out while im in somewhere hot.. say baal runs. I just leave the game. I dont want to take the risk of dying.

IncGamers Member
    The forums have been buggy for the better part of the week. They were down most of the day for me, but overall they've been up even though a little messed up. So long as I can get my fix the bugginess isn't so bad. More of a headache for the mods than anyone else.

Speaking of which, sorry mods- I'm double posting all over the freaking place right now....

Quote Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
    So long as I can get my fix the bugginess isn't so bad. More of a headache for the mods than anyone else.
    /me wonders how long it will take CF to figure out what the really awful side effect of all of this is. :laugh:

Well, awful for some ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dredd
    /me wonders how long it will take CF to figure out what the really awful side effect of all of this is. :laugh:

Well, awful for some ...

It's staring to more than do my head in :shocked:

IncGamers Member
    They seemed more stable a couple years ago when there were 3-4x as many people online.

IncGamers Member
    yeah, it's really bad for me on uswest as well. It's completely fine until every 5 or 10 or so minutes when there'll be a 5 or 10 second period where you can't do anything...then it resumes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by diablo2addict
    yeah, it's really bad for me on uswest as well. It's completely fine until every 5 or 10 or so minutes when there'll be a 5 or 10 second period where you can't do anything...then it resumes.

I am on west and it is lagging. I got a new machine and that seems to have helped a bite. I think ram, hard drive space and cpu speed is also a factor.:cry: