Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 157
  1. #121
    IncGamers Member Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    418
    Quote Originally Posted by Man In Black
    And once again the hate mongers cannot produce any proof of thier claims.
    Who said I was against steroids? Steroids is my anti-performance enhancing drug

    Just so you know, there is a 20k character limit per post.
    Still doesn't explain the consecutive posts under 20k characters. Unless, of course, not being able to use the 'edit' function is another ill effect of steroids.




  2. #122
    IncGamers Member PatMaGroin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,298
    It's called the Edit button, its in the bottom right of the little box your post goes in, and its there for an hour after you post.

    Quote Originally Posted by Man In Black
    CHEATER!!! Multivitamins and protein powders aren't natural. Stop cheating please.
    Well, protein powder wouldn't be necessary if I felt like preparing lean meats and or chicken breasts all the time to eat, but seeing as I don't have that kind of time, protein mix is the best way to go.

    Anyway, lets look at the ingredients in my protein powder.

    Proprietary Protein Blend, Cocoa, Artificial Flavor, Lecithin, Salt, Acesulfame Potassium, Cellulose Gum, Xantham Gum.

    Thats a hell of a lot more natural than the **** you're injecting and swallowing.




  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    87
    Yeah, I know about the edit button. If you hadn't conveniently skipped over the articles that i pasted into the post, you would see that the last one was some 45000 characters. No, it doesn't explain the other posts that were well under that limit, but they were responses to different posts, so I figured I would put each response into its own post.


    Quote Originally Posted by PatMaGroin
    Well, protein powder wouldn't be necessary if I felt like preparing lean meats and or chicken breasts all the time to eat, but seeing as I don't have that kind of time, protein mix is the best way to go.
    Wow, now if that is not a shortcut, I don't know what is. You are such a cheater, thanks for proving my point.

    And yeah, all those ingredients sound way more natural than testosterone.





    It's called your brain. It should be located in your thick skulls, you know, that lump three feet above your ***. Use it some time.


    Or you could continue not supplying anything as to why steroids should or shouldn't be legal.


    You guys have no arguments against steroids, only your ignorantly accepted lies.



    EDIT: There, I put it all in one post, happy now? Now can you get to the point where you actually support any of your claims?




  4. #124
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    1,397
    Man in Black, I never said Lyle Alzado died from steroids. In his own words he spoke of the damage they did do to him in his life. He died while suffering from the affects of his usage. Lyle believes his brain damage was caused by steroids, but let's say he was wrong there. The rest of his problems due to steroids are undeniable by his own admission.

    "I started taking anabolic steroids in 1969 and never stopped," he admitted during his pain-racked final days. "It was addicting, mentally addicting. Now I'm sick, and I'm scared. Ninety per cent of the athletes I know are on the stuff. We're not born to be 300lbs or jump 30ft. But all the time I was taking steroids, I knew they were making me play better. I became very violent on the field and off it. I did things only crazy people do. Once a guy sideswiped my car and I beat the hell out of him. Now look at me. My hair's gone, I wobble when I walk and have to hold on to someone for support, and I have trouble remembering things. My last wish? That no one else ever dies this way."
    Crispy, you can show me all the meth users you want. It is also illegal, as it should be.

    Ice, I could care less how much you can squat. If that makes you feel more like a man, so be it. I have had much different ambitions in life. To each their own. Post 5 or 10 years down the road and let us all know how your livers, heart, joints and muscle tissue are all doing at that time. It may seem all great and grandeur right now.

    I want to make it clear so that no one puts words in my mouth, I don't have a problem with steroids being precribed for medical conditions by doctors. If they can help someone in that way...great! If someone wants to take them to make them bigger and stronger, I will just scratch my head and ask, "For the sake of what?" Even if there is just a small chance of causing damage to your body is it worth the extra 40 lbs to your physique or 100 lbs. in bench pressing? Does it make your life more whole? Does it help you make an impact on this world because you can lift more or look bigger? Ron Williams sure looks like a hell of a physical specimen to me and he did it naturally. As I have said a number of times. They should test for all Olympia and Universe Contests and then maybe builders won't feel as much pressure to but their bodies at risk.

    Is the research substantial that steroids are harmful? I believe so. Is there research that shows it isn't harmful, yep. Most of the research I have seen posted by the pro crew out there addresses the roid rage issue and I don't want to spend the time breaking it down into all the other harms and the research behind that. I have posted enough links that you think someone would at least think about the fact there "could" be harms. There are many links and research I did not take the time to post.

    I could spend half my day and post more studies and research that show the harms of steroid usage and you can do the same that says it isn't bad. When it comes down to it, when I see conflicting information on a subject that deals directly with my health, I am always going to exercise to side of caution. There is a fine line between what is safe and not safe. If I read enough substantial information that something is harmful, I am not going to do it regardless of contrary evidence. My best friend who is a builder doesn't even use creatine now as their is conflicting research as to potential harm there. Larry has a degree in biology and chemistry and has worked in the fitness arena all his life. He has always looked at the research and exercised caution when it comes to how he treats his body and lifting. I have worked in the health and fitness arena for a number of years and I am not a hater. I have spent years trying to help people with their health. If caring about the dangers and potential dangers of steroid usage makes me a hater in your book. So be it. As I said, keep using them and talk to us 10 years from now. I just hope more people don't end up like Robert Hazleton or the many others who have personally experienced what steroid usage and abuse has done to them.

    "These athletes are kidding themselves if they think they are getting away with using the juice," Hazelton said. "They might not know what is causing that little pain in an arm or a leg. It could be what happened to me, your body breaking down, and then someday you find out the damage is irreversible.
    "I spoke to Lyle Alzado before he passed away. That was very sad. By the time these athletes want help, it is often too late. By the time it hits you, this drug has no pity on you once it decides to take you."
    http://washtimes.com/sports/20040106-115407-4156r.htm

    I am not going to change anyone's mind that is set on using steroids. I just want to ask yourself, why do you really need to? Is it going to make that much difference in your life? Does it impact your family in a positive way? Is it going to make you more successful in life? Is it going to make you a better business person or impact the way you treat and interact with people that cross your path on a daily basis? Or...is it just going to help you put on a some more muscle and lift a little bit more? Is that so important in the scheme of things? For the sake of what?

    End of




  5. #125
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    1,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Man In Black
    Yeah, I know about the edit button. If you hadn't conveniently skipped over the articles that i pasted into the post, you would see that the last one was some 45000 characters. No, it doesn't explain the other posts that were well under that limit, but they were responses to different posts, so I figured I would put each response into its own post.




    Wow, now if that is not a shortcut, I don't know what is. You are such a cheater, thanks for proving my point.

    And yeah, all those ingredients sound way more natural than testosterone.





    It's called your brain. It should be located in your thick skulls, you know, that lump three feet above your ***. Use it some time.


    Or you could continue not supplying anything as to why steroids should or shouldn't be legal.


    You guys have no arguments against steroids, only your ignorantly accepted lies.



    EDIT: There, I put it all in one post, happy now? Now can you get to the point where you actually support any of your claims?

    Bro, we cant convince them, just stop wasting time. Let them rest in their ignorance and bliss, while their wives have sexual fantasies about us :grin:




  6. #126
    IncGamers Member PatMaGroin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,298
    Quote Originally Posted by lCE
    Bro, we cant convince them, just stop wasting time. Let them rest in their ignorance and bliss, while their wives have sexual fantasies about us :grin:
    Leave the arguing to MIB, please.

    And for the record, most females I know find the bodybuilder look quite gross, all the veins and too much goin on.




  7. #127
    IncGamers Member Merick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Fractal Land, Nebraska
    Posts
    7,057
    Is bodybuilding really that great anyway? Do you ever need to lift 500 pounds while buying groceries? Is that worth not being able to fit comfortably inside some cars?




  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    87
    The forum crapped out before when I was trying to post it the first time, so here it is.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger14
    Man in Black, I never said Lyle Alzado died from steroids. In his own words he spoke of the damage they did do to him in his life. He died while suffering from the affects of his usage. Lyle believes his brain damage was caused by steroids, but let's say he was wrong there. The rest of his problems due to steroids are undeniable by his own admission.
    As I said before, he was wrong. Steroids have never been shown to cause brain cancer. What other ill effects are you talking about?


    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger14
    Post 5 or 10 years down the road and let us all know how your livers, heart, joints and muscle tissue are all doing at that time. It may seem all great and grandeur right now.
    The entire point of this thread is that there is no evidence to support what you just said, that is, that steroids cause permenent liver, heart, joint, muscle, etc dmg.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger14
    If someone wants to take them to make them bigger and stronger, I will just scratch my head and ask, "For the sake of what?" Even if there is just a small chance of causing damage to your body is it worth the extra 40 lbs to your physique or 100 lbs. in bench pressing? Does it make your life more whole? Does it help you make an impact on this world because you can lift more or look bigger?
    Yeah, thats basically the point. Why bother mfing in diablo 2? Staring at the computer screen for more than 1 hour a day cause blindness and over a period of a few weeks leads to brain cancer. Yeah, its true. Does having one more soj make your life more whole? Does it help you make an impact on this world because you have one more soj?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger14
    They should test for all Olympia and Universe Contests and then maybe builders won't feel as much pressure to but their bodies at risk.
    And they would fail miserably because no one would pay to see the contest.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger14
    Most of the research I have seen posted by the pro crew out there addresses the roid rage issue and I don't want to spend the time breaking it down into all the other harms and the research behind that. I have posted enough links that you think someone would at least think about the fact there "could" be harms. There are many links and research I did not take the time to post.
    You asked for studies, then when I post them, you say that you don't have time to read them. Probably because you realize that you were wrong the whole time. I posted several studies that had nothing to do with the supposed roid rage, however I would be happy to post more. Thats right, I would post more, even though I know that no one will ever look them up. Why? I guess its just the principle; you are being spoonfed the information you asked for, yet still refuse to read it.

    Sure, there *could* be harms, but the point of the thread is to show that there are no proven harms. But then again, you could say that anything *could* cause cancer, impotence, uncontrollable rage, etc.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger14
    When it comes down to it, when I see conflicting information on a subject that deals directly with my health, I am always going to exercise to side of caution. There is a fine line between what is safe and not safe.
    Fair enough. But you must consider the validity of the source. Bush said that Iraq had WMD and they were a threat to the US, despite the evidence saying otherwise. So if you were to lean to the side of caution, then you would have to support the invasion of Iraq. Seriously now, how many people supported that? Did you? And if steroids usage deals directly with your health, surely nuclear weapons do as well.

    Taking a case of someone smashing someones head in with a hammer, and then finding out that the attacker happened to have taken steroids sometime in his life doesn't qualify as a casal relationship.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger14
    As I said, keep using them and talk to us 10 years from now. I just hope more people don't end up like Robert Hazleton or the many others who have personally experienced what steroid usage and abuse has done to them.
    First of all, I will. Ever notice how there has never been the mass deaths of bodybuilders from the 60ís, 70ís, or any time period? Apparently you havenít.

    Who is this Robert Hazleton guy? *EDIT* Ok, after reading the article you linked to I know. */EDIT* But as for "the many others," I assume you are talking about all the people that have jumped on the "steroids are the devil" bandwagon in a pathetic attempt to get there face on the news or in the newspaper. Maybe even make a buck by spreading the "evils" of steroids to kids or something.

    What a gem that article is.

    "Any record that has been broken in the last 10 years in the world of sports, steroids has played a part in it"

    If you have read anything that I have posted (at your request by the way), then you would know that the East Germans were using steroids as early as the 30's. Why on earth does this clown say that anything in just the last 10 years involved steroids? He himself had used steroids in the 1970's. What a clown.

    "I was taking steroids like you wouldn't believe," Hazelton said. "I took a shot that day for the fight, three milligrams."

    LOL. What did he just say? Three mg! HOLY ****!!! What an addict!!!

    "The steroid use had hardened the arteries in his legs so badly that they were nearly closed. "

    Hmmmm. And no references at the end of the article. Maybe. . . .. Nah! Can't be! I mean, he wouldn't make this stuff up, would he?

    "people told me later it looked as if my eyes were red and that they thought they were in a room with a devil."

    LOL. Good stuff here. Nice light reading.

    "He has spent much of the past 15 years giving lectures to students and athletes, from high schools to the pro ranks, about his own nightmare from steroid abuse. He has privately counseled athletes and their family members who have sought him out for help. "

    HAHAHAHA! I swear I hadnt read that at the time that I commented on him and "the many others" above. Here you see how objective he really is. With no legs, what else is he going to do with his life? Might as well hope on the bandwagon for the free ride, I mean he sure as hell cant walk.

    ""The last time I took steroids was when I took those shots in 1987, but sometimes I would be tempted to do it again to show people how bad things could be," Hazelton said. "Do I have to die to show people how much damage steroids can cause?" "

    Yeah, this guy sounds reeeaaal stable.

    Not to mention that his amputations were a result of an infection. Let me guess, steroids cause infections, right? Yeah, one time I injected some testosterone and got a nasty infection from that testosterone bacteria.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger14
    why do you really need to?
    I don't, but I enjoy it, and it doesn't hurt me, so why not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger14
    Is it going to make that much difference in your life?
    Maybe, whoís to say?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger14
    Does it impact your family in a positive way?
    Actually, yes it does. About 3 weeks ago I helped my aunt move into a new house. Couches, washer, drier, piano, etc.

    [QUOTE=Ranger14]
    Is it going to make you more successful in life?
    [QUOTE=Ranger14]
    It just might. Who knows what all I will end up doing throughout my life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger14
    Is it going to make you a better business person or impact the way you treat and interact with people that cross your path on a daily basis?
    It can't hurt, thats for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger14
    Or...is it just going to help you put on a some more muscle and lift a little bit more?
    That too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger14
    Is that so important in the scheme of things?
    In the scheme of what, exactly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger14
    For the sake of what?
    For the sake of the above reasons.


    So . . . . How Ďbout them definitive studies?




  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by lCE
    Bro, we cant convince them, just stop wasting time. Let them rest in their ignorance and bliss, while their wives have sexual fantasies about us :grin:

    :laughing:




  10. #130
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    878
    Why the hell does everyone bash bodybuilders, we do it because we enjoy it. I dont do it because I think Im manly by lifting weights I do it for me, no one else.

    Does basketball,baseball or hockey help you lift groceries?

    Some people might find this documentary interesting.

    http://media.putfile.com/Greg-Valent...mentary-Part-1

    http://media.putfile.com/Greg-Valent...mentary-Part-2

    http://media.putfile.com/Greg-Valent...mentary-Part-3

    Note:That guy doesnt represent body builders.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •