Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

View Poll Results: Which of the following do you consider cheating?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Map hacking

28 65.12%
  • Duping

35 81.40%
  • Botting

34 79.07%
  • TMC

30 69.77%
  • Using any unofficial 3rd party software

33 76.74%
  • None its all legit!!!

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BattleTag ILoveCake-1493

Window or fullscreen

Hi, I'd like to know if you're playing in windowed or fullscreen mode?

The reason I'm asking is because I've played windowed for quite a number of years now. I started playing windowed because it allower me to exit and enter/create games faster that way (It's pretty much a requirement when playing b.net, at least if you want to be able to follow a series of baalruns).

I enjoy the game much more when I play fullscreen, I do that now btw.

If you'd like to tell me why you play the way you do I'd appreciate it.

Cheers

Oh yeah, this is the first time ever I create a poll so I don't know if I'm doing it right :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by nubikoen
    Oh yeah, this is the first time ever I create a poll so I don't know if I'm doing it right :rolleyes:
    No, you've done it wrong! You've missed the "I like beer" and "I blame Durf" options :laugh:
    btw, you really missed the "both" option, since I do play both

I was about to start a poll on this subject myself. I play window all the way. The graphics is horrible in full-screen mode, I can't stand it.

On the other hand, lights, shadows and perspective makes full-screen much nicer so the perfect setup would be a neat little 10" flat screen with natural 800 x 600 resolution as secondary screen, just for d2.

Windowed more than 95% of the time. Reasons:

- no videos(faster)
    - load times seem somewhat faster
    - it's a lot easier to do other things in the background while playing and alt+tabbing to another program is instantaneous, since resolution doesn't need to be changed
    - although there's no 3D-acceleration available in windowed mode, it looks a bit better because it's sharper than in fullscreen, since my desktop resolution is 1280x1024 and D2 uses 800x600 resolution

I admit that the game is waaay more enjoyable in fullscreen with D3D(better looking effects and that nice perspective effect), but I like to do other things and have instant access to my background programs while playing D2, thus I like windowed mode better overall. Now if I'd play untwinked HC, I'm pretty sure I'd go with fullscreen all the time. :wink3:

IncGamers Member
    Fullscreen all the way here, even on my 19'' inch flat in DDraw I think the graphics still look quite nice for such on old game.

Banned
    Fullscreen! Yeah! Clearer! Nicer!

Windowed, for about 2 years now. Faster loading time and game looks sharper. But its pain in the a** when I click off sreen....in pvp or hc..
    I heard there was some kind of program to fix this problem but my googling was fruitless.

IncGamers Member
    Fullscreen. But can someone tell me how to activate the windowed mode?:laugh: Just adding "-w" to the shortcut or something like that? I only know it from the glide wrapper (which doesn't work properly) and there it's different...

IncGamers Member
    I started playing windowed for the loading times when doing Pindle runs (which netted be next to nothing). I just got used to the load speed, and have never looked back.

IncGamers Member
    I tried windowed mode a few months back but the display was too dark to see what i was doing. I've always played fullscreen besides that.