Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bortaz
    All you missed was Freezerburn calling you ignorant.
    Who? Oh, RPG-boy. I'll sleep fine, thanks. :laughing:

Regardless of the financial information in regards to the movie, I don't think there's a legitimate reason to beat up on/be offensive to ol' Merv, just because he doesn't agree with the politics of Hollywood or the movie tastes of the OTF.
    I think what really set them off was when I linked (and not even particularly endorsed) to Ann Coulter. Seems like some people here don't have a sense of humor, neh? Soooo... Let the Flames Begin! {her follow-up article}

Despite Jmerv's claims of being a Libertarian, he's really conservative, and is naturally going to hold opposing views from all the liberal posters on this forum.
    Oy! Watch your language. Did you forget that I'm one of only 3 centrists here?

Regardless of his views, or your views, it gives no one the right to attack him personally. I'm sure there's even a rule about it.
    Rules don't apply to tha Freezmeister.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn
    Oy! Watch your language. Did you forget that I'm one of only 3 centrists here?
    And where are the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy when you need them, eh?

IncGamers Member
    Regardless of the financial information in regards to the movie, I don't think there's a legitimate reason to beat up on/be offensive to ol' Merv, just because he doesn't agree with the politics of Hollywood or the movie tastes of the OTF.
    If calling someone ignorant because they're ignorant is 'beating up on them' or 'being offensive', then I think we can start making revised use of all those tired old 'whining liberal' snipes.

As for Coulter, she's a foul-mouthed, paranoid moonbat. She's one of the few people I can think of with a bigger tin-foil-hat than Smeg. And what does having a sense of humour have to do with it? The liberal equivalent of Coulter would probably be something like a non-religious Fred Phelps - replace 'God hates homos, and dead soldiers are God's punishment for the US not putting them in camps' with 'it serves the Republicans right that their kids are coming home in bags'. If I find someone as far off the deep end as Coulter and start linking them up, I hope you'll remember your 'good humour' comments in this thread.

Banned
    Regardless of his views, or your views, it gives no one the right to attack him personally. I'm sure there's even a rule about it.
    He's ignorant. That's a statement of fact. And the fact that he bases his opinions on willful ignorance leads me to believe he's not terribly bright. Saying so may or may not be against the rules. But I don't really care.

Quote Originally Posted by FreezerBurn
    empty words from an ignorant man.
    Oh, hi Freezer. Weren't you the one who didn't notice the massive might of House Harkonnen, er, Vivendi behind the movie, as well as that nobody directing it?

Banned

EDIT - my comment about "all but bombed" was regarding the box office success; obviously the claim is now that it was a masterful 'sleeper' marketing campaign. The fact that every liberal outlet was screaming "See This MOVIE!!" at the top of their lungs doesn't always constitute media earnings power, i.e. Air America.
    I'm not quite sure whether we should chalk this one up to ignorance or stupidity. The $114 million is the box office success.

Quote Originally Posted by Draconis
    If calling someone ignorant because they're ignorant is 'beating up on them' or 'being offensive', then I think we can start making revised use of all those tired old 'whining liberal' snipes.
    Bortaz was doubtless referring to Freezer's elegant turn of phrase. I've got a thick skin as demonstrated in the DU/RPG thread; maybe Bort was concerned about losing Freezer now that Ill is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Draconis
    As for Coulter, she's a foul-mouthed, paranoid moonbat. She's one of the few people I can think of with a bigger tin-foil-hat than Smeg. And what does having a sense of humour have to do with it? The liberal equivalent of Coulter would probably be something like a non-religious Fred Phelps - replace 'God hates homos, and dead soldiers are God's punishment for the US not putting them in camps' with 'it serves the Republicans right that their kids are coming home in bags'. If I find someone as far off the deep end as Coulter and start linking them up, I hope you'll remember your 'good humour' comments in this thread.
    Here's a helping hand: You must not listen to Air America - her equivalent is Al Franken. Not terribly funny, often offensive. She's got better legs.

I think the thing that drives libs even more insane is that they generally can't prove any of Coulter's facts wrong. All they can do is quibble with her views of cause & effect and call names (see above).

Banned
    Oh, hi Freezer. Weren't you the one who didn't notice the massive might of House Harkonnen, er, Vivendi behind the movie, as well as that nobody directing it?
    I couldn't care less who produced or directed it. It's a good movie that made a ton of money and won just about every significant cinematic award. The fact that you continue to criticize it, despite never having seen the movie, just makes you look like an ***. But by all means, carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by FreezerBurn
    I couldn't care less who produced or directed it. It's a good movie that made a ton of money and won just about every significant cinematic award. The fact that you continue to criticize it, despite never having seen the movie, just makes you look like an ***. But by all means, carry on.
    And I suppose you've read books by Ayn Rand or Ann Coulter ( to say nothing of scientific studies on DU )? If I recall correctly, your words were, hmm...

{EDIT - whoops - can't be bothered to find where your "I don't need to read sources I know are wrong" comment is.}

But I hardly intend to get into range of your cage again; I'll simply point out that the supposedly deliberate "sleeper" nature of the film was the source of said comments. Here's some of the sourcing -

http://www.free-times.com/Usual_Susp...cts022206.html
    http://www.danielpwilliford.com/2006...-mountain.html
    http://www.rightwingnews.com/archive..._22.PHP#005102 (think you'll really like the ad in this link)