Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Question How much MF do I need?

How much MF do I need just to double my chances of finding a Unique or a Set item?
    Please don't send me a url, just tell me a number of exactly how much MF I need. Thanx!

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeMarki
    Please don't send me a url
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=412453

167 MF for Uniques, 125 MF for Sets. (Source: ATMA drop calculator)

I have to say that I did not like your attitude when asking a question. Actually, knowing where to find answers is much more important than having answers handed out to you.

IncGamers Member
    I have already read the thread, but I didn't quite understand it(I'm not English) and that's the reason I ask this question.
    Can anybody plz give me a number of how much MF do I need in order to DOUBLE the chances of getting Unique and Set?

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeMarki
    Can anybody plz give me a number of how much MF do I need in order to DOUBLE the chances of getting Unique and Set?
    Llathias just answered that question for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Llathias
    167 MF for Uniques, 125 MF for Sets
    as a rule you should aim for about 200% MF on any MF chars.

and just because you are not english does not mean to have to be so blunt with your orignal post maners are not just for english ppl you know. a better wording would have been something like

"i have had some problems understanded how much MF i need could some1 please tell me what % of mf would be needed to double the chance of finding unique and set items thank you"

SR

IncGamers Member DementiaMaster's Avatar
    I'm not english either but I understand Hrus' guide perfectly. My MFing rule is 350% MF as long as it doesn't impede killing power. So far, it's been an awesome rule for my Meteorb.

IncGamers Member Arreat_mercenary's Avatar
    English is not my natural language too, but I also got every word of Hrus guide perfectly, you don't need ub3r english skills to understand it. Lazyness can be very bad.

200% MF is the minimum you should aim for. It also helps to go for monsters that can drop very good (act bosses for example) so you don't get desperate quickly

IncGamers Member
    I also believe that Hrus' native language is not English (correct me if I'm wrong), so this guide should be easily understood... as he knows not to use words that aren't understood by even those with little English skill.

And I assume Llathias was correct... having +167%MF translates to +100%MF for unique items... which is doubling your chances.

And for magic finding, I believe that you should never aim for a set %MF. You should add magic finding gear instead of your regular 'killing' gear until the speed of your runs get too slow, or you start dying. Doing faster runs, and living in those runs, tends to be more important in the long run... it's all just random numbers either way.

Thanks toppo...too funny