Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freet
    What Americans are you referring to? Or are you saying all Americans are stupid?
    Well, when a nation adopts langurage like 'freedom fries' and 'liberty dressing' (French dressing), it's hard not to generalize. Of course, you probably don't remember 'liberty cabbage' instead of sauerkraut and 'liberty sandwiches' instead of hamburgers during the first world war. Also 'Salisbury steak' instead of hamburger was popularized then too. Also German toast was dropped as an alternative name for French toast, German shepherds began to be called Alsatians, though such dogs are not native to Alsace, and children started coming down with liberty measles instead of that other kind.

So hard not to generalize with that kind of history behind you...but I'm sure he didn't mean ALL of you, as he has yet to meet ALL americans.

Quote Originally Posted by alexzed
    Well, when a nation adopts langurage like 'freedom fries' and 'liberty dressing' (French dressing), it's hard not to generalize. Of course, you probably don't remember 'liberty cabbage' instead of sauerkraut and 'liberty sandwiches' instead of hamburgers during the first world war. Also 'Salisbury steak' instead of hamburger was popularized then too. Also German toast was dropped as an alternative name for French toast, German shepherds began to be called Alsatians, though such dogs are not native to Alsace, and children started coming down with liberty measles instead of that other kind.

So hard not to generalize with that kind of history behind you...but I'm sure he didn't mean ALL of you, as he has yet to meet ALL americans.
    Where are you from?

The nation didn't adopt anything. Neither I nor anyone I know has ever used the term "Liberty Fries". I've never heard of "Liberty cabbage" or "Liberty Sandwiches".

So yes, your generalizing is pretty much as inaccurate as any other generalizing. And quite insulting.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freet
    Where are you from?

The nation didn't adopt anything. Neither I nor anyone I know has ever used the term "Liberty Fries". I've never heard of "Liberty cabbage" or "Liberty Sandwiches".

So yes, your generalizing is pretty much as inaccurate as any other generalizing. And quite insulting.
    It was WWI when that language was adopted. And if you are insulting me for my generalizing about how the american knee-jerk reaction to all things french or german, you have to see how your media has treated other cultures in the past. hard not to generalize. Perhaps if the hatred was not wide-spread and the only thing we hear, the world would feel differently about americans. Sorry that you feel insulted, but that's the way the perception world-wide is, thanks to hatemongers like Bill (let's bomb San Francico) O'Reilly and the like.

IncGamers Member
    Ah yes of course, let's all blame America for Iran being stupid.

Durrrr ITS AMERKCAS FAULTE!!1111LOL

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by myleftfoot
    LOL, they are just as stupid as Americans.

Have you met all the americans or are you just basing that off the **** that our pres. does?

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by myleftfoot
    LOL, they are just as stupid as Americans.
    LOL, U R SO FUNY<!!

Anyways, I love when people generlize.

Dj_Otaku

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by axeil
    Ah yes of course, let's all blame America for Iran being stupid.

Durrrr ITS AMERKCAS FAULTE!!1111LOL
    So when Iran does it they're stupid but when America does it they're ...

*Insert stupid capitalised statment followed by !'s & 1's*

IncGamers Member Raistlin Majere's Avatar
    I think we need to go over the word ASSUME again....

I don't know about this Americans are stupid garbage, but those Roses of the Prophet Muhammed look damn tasty.

IncGamers Member
    Is it just me, or does calling them "Roses of the Prophet Muhammad" seem just as blasphemous as the cartoons...

Maybe I'm just not up-to-date enough in Islamic culture, so my apologies.