A fixed-width font makes it look better

Code:
    Place   Country    G  S  B  T
    1.      Norway     1  5  5  11
    2.      Russia     4  3  2  9
    3.      Germany    4  1  2  7
    3.      USA        5  2  0  7
    5.      China      0  2  3  5
    China never did well in winter Olympics. Hope we can do better this time.

Quote Originally Posted by kuafu
    A fixed-width font makes it look better

Code:
    Place   Country    G  S  B  T
    1.      Norway     1  5  5  11
    2.      Russia     4  3  2  9
    3.      Germany    4  1  2  7
    3.      USA        5  2  0  7
    5.      China      0  2  3  5
    China never did well in winter Olympics. Hope we can do better this time.
    You're right. It does...

China is doing awesome in some events . . . figure skating (which I hate) and acrobatic insane ski flipping, which they've assigned a bunch of their robot gymnasts to.

I think the medal count is a stupid way to watch the games, personally, but lots of people seem to like the whole "OMG IN YOUR FACE LIECHTENSTEIN" aspect of the contest.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosashi
    So here are current medal counts of the top 5 countries as of 6:46PM ET.

G S B T
    1. Norway 1 5 5 11
    2. Russia 4 3 2 9
    3. Germany 4 1 2 7
    3. United States 5 2 0 7
    5. China 0 2 3 5

Medal counts are popular in the media's coverage of the Olympics. Is this healthy competition or is it contrary to the Olympic spirit of international unity? Should a nation make a particular goal of winning the most medals? Let's discuss the Olympics, medals and nationalism. Thoughts?

EDIT: I don't know how to make a table, but you get the idea.
    Man, Canada sucks at the olympics (when you look at anything except hockey) and coming from a country that has provinces that experience year round snow, as well as provinces that have 6months of snow you would expect the Canadians to excel somewhat at the winter olympics... anyways, Norway is a pretty big surprise (i do however remember them being really strong in all the downhill events)

Canada has good speed skaters. Norway isn't a "surprise"; they always punch above their weight in terms of medals to population, or whatever.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DurfBarian
    Canada has good speed skaters. Norway isn't a "surprise"; they always punch above their weight in terms of medals to population, or whatever.
    Yah but they didnt produce, and about Norway, i suppose your right just you dont expect to see Norway atop the medal count do too there smaller population. My props to the norweigen athletes however (how do you spell norweigen??)

Quote Originally Posted by Senor Bezeer
    Yah but they didnt produce, and about Norway, i suppose your right just you dont expect to see Norway atop the medal count do too there smaller population. My props to the norweigen athletes however (how do you spell norweigen??)
    Norwegian I think.

I've seen the snowboarding and some figureskating.... The first was pretty cool to see (both men and women). The later.... Boring to me.

I did also see a few speed skating sprints (I assume they also do longer than 1-2 lap races).

Quote Originally Posted by Senor Bezeer

LOL. Do you remember who won the Gold in Speed Skating last time around? No, neither do I... But he was an Australian and we have nationwide snow coverage of about 3sqkm per annum. He won because some guy tripped and toppled the whole pack and he was the only guy to finish the race!

And per capita medal tally is always a fairer way to look at any Olympics. It shouldn't come as any surprise when countries like China and America top the tables with their enormous populations. Australia usually comes out on top in Summer Olympics, on a per capita basis, and our population is only 21 million, as opposed to America's ~300 million and China's ~1.2 billion, but in the Sydney 2000 Games iirc we topped the total count as well. I don't think that Norway is a surprise given they are a rather cold country to begin with. If Jamaica, on the other hand, topped the tables I'd be saying wtf...

Quote Originally Posted by Gertlex
    I did also see a few speed skating sprints (I assume they also do longer than 1-2 lap races).
    Yeah, I watched some of the men's 5000 meters and the women's 3000. Monstrous thighs!