Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fury druid

IncGamers Member

Fury druid

I've built my third fury druid and still not much success. But let me start off by saying I'm relatively new to the druid forums, and the diabloii.net forums in particular. Anyway, this druid was a bit more successful then my last two and heres how he looks.

Level 81
    Skills- 20 Fury, 20 Lycan, 20 Werewolf, 20 Oak, 1 arctic blast, 1 cyclone armor, planning to max HoW (3 already in it)

Equipment-
    Helmet- 15% IAS Jalal's Mane
    Armor- Mage plate enigma
    Weapon- Fury zerker
    Shield- Um'd stormshield
    Weapon2- Demon limb
    Weapon2- Lidless wall
    Gloves- Gg 10% ll dracul's grasp
    Boots- Aldur's advance
    Rings- Two 209 AR Raven frosts
    Amulet- Cat's eye
    -Edit- Belt: 24% FHR, 12 str spiderweb sash (16% Fire resist)

Charms- 4 shapeshifting grand charms (1 with 26 life), some small and large charms of poison, and one grand charm of 35 life.

Now I seem to have trouble hitting a good breakpoint. My attacks seem relatively slow and I plan to use this druid to duel both melee and casters equally. Although I know for melee I need gore riders, highlords of course. But someone please list a better weapon because fury doesn't seem to be cutting it.

Break

IncGamers Member
    sups

only the IAS on weapon works towards a wolfs hit..
    meaning that the IAS in helm is wasted... and your hittiin so slow with the fury zerka cus its only 40% IAS on the weap..

without goin into too much detail.. here are some of the weapons viable for duels 1h that are fast enough:
    Gris caddy (wit 40ed/15ias jewels reaching 110IAS on weapon) 4fps
    Botd PB 5fps
    Grief PB (SLOW but very nice dmg)

those are jus some weapons viable..check the guides for mroe

cheers

IncGamers Member
    BotD is better in berserker axe for more range and damage and same speed.

Grief phase blade hits the 5 frame breakpoint too.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pipi-owner
    sups

only the IAS on weapon works towards a wolfs hit..
    meaning that the IAS in helm is wasted... and your hittiin so slow with the fury zerka cus its only 40% IAS on the weap..

without goin into too much detail.. here are some of the weapons viable for duels 1h that are fast enough:
    Gris caddy (wit 40ed/15ias jewels reaching 110IAS on weapon) 4fps
    Botd PB 5fps
    Grief PB (SLOW but very nice dmg)

those are jus some weapons viable..check the guides for mroe

cheers
    pipi, those weapon requirements are more for wolfbarbs...

You can try oath in ethereal scourge, it hits 5fps like botd phase blade/berserker axe and grief phase blade. It has nice damage and is much cheaper than botd.
    Also it has range 3.
    Nice weapon is also oath in ethereal cryptic sword, but it has range 2.

IncGamers Member
    Thanks, I was wondering why with all that IAS, cat's eye, and jewel in jalals, that I was still hitting poorly. Do note that I am on West NL so I can't make obidience and I surely can't afford a grief.

I do however want the gris caddy but absolutely noone seems to have it.

Break

IncGamers Member
    err you sure the ebotd berserker axe hits as fast as botd pb on a fury druid?

and no...those arent just the weapons for wolfbarbs but also a fast attakin druid.. most melee druids dont seem to understand the power of werewolf..
    it naturally boost ar and dmg wit the skills...(werewolf n fury) what u need is speed.... speed is (usually and yes in this case) greater than dmg cus theres also other mods such as ds/ow/cb etc involved :O

griss caddy is the way to go.. no other weapon cums close to it (or at least normal obtainable items) but its soo freakin rare to get a 4s one :O

cheers
    PpZ

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pipi-owner
    err you sure the ebotd berserker axe hits as fast as botd pb on a fury druid?
    For both the fury attacks are 5 frame. BA has 9 frame initial attack and PB has 8 frame initial attack.

IncGamers Member
    I recently spoke to a friend, who said he was a legendary SS druid, and when he and I dueled druids he came out victorious. He wore COH archon, um'd Jalals, ebotdz 400%, angelic combo, um'd stormshield, dracs, gore rider, and dungos. Is that an all viable setup?

I currently use botd phase blade (fury was too slow it was sickening), enigma mage, duel ravens, cats eye, jalals or guillames, aldurs, dracs, and some rare belt I found. I plan to duel melee and caster alike (sorc/zon/nec), and MF. So any tips on mercenaries for a pure fury druid, or equipment.

Break

When fighting melee you should wear highlords wrath instead of cat's eye (which is good against casters) or angelics. Stormshield, socketed with shael to hit 5 frames with blocking.
    Aldurs is good if you want to run faster (along with cats eye) for casters, but against melee I think best boots are gore riders. try to find verdungo, for bonus to vitality, FHR and mainly DR.
    For casters you should have 2 handed 4-5 range, at least 5 fpa weapon.
    About armors, fortitude and duress could be fine (against melee), shaftstop against windies.
    best weapon for mercenary is reaper's toll, great against PI.