Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 171
  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Satan's rectum
    Posts
    920
    Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn
    Kewl - want to do the honors in a new thread? This one is getting a bit long in the tooth.
    Just took it and got the same score as Gandhi. Is that good or bad?




  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoutwood
    "Assault Rifle" and "Assault Weapon" are two different terms. An assault rifle, as you showed, has a very specific military meaning, and in actuality all automatic weapons have been under heavy regulation since 1934. Assault Weapon is a more nebulous term that tends to refer more to cosmetics than functionality.
    "Assault Weapon" has a specific meaning, though it's a bit more broad and differs from what was put in legislation. I find it humorous though that the resident mental midget simultaneously criticizes the arbitrary, political definition. And insists we use it.

    assault weapon
    n.
    An infantry weapon, such as an assault rifle, designed for individual use





  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,173
    Economic Left/Right: -1.50
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.18




  4. #134
    IncGamers Member Necrochild313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sex: Age:
    Posts
    4,577
    Economic Left/Right: -1.25
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00

    I'm a liberal apparently




  5. #135
    IncGamers Member Stoutwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,722
    Quote Originally Posted by FreezerBurn
    "Assault Weapon" has a specific meaning, though it's a bit more broad and differs from what was put in legislation. I find it humorous though that the resident mental midget simultaneously criticizes the arbitrary, political definition. And insists we use it.

    assault weapon
    n.
    An infantry weapon, such as an assault rifle, designed for individual use
    I certainly hope that people don't decide to ban "assault weapons" under that definition. I collect military antiques.




  6. #136
    IncGamers Member innorton38's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by stormrage112345
    Just took it and got the same score as Gandhi. Is that good or bad?
    Me too! I was like -3 and -4 respectively.




  7. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by FreezerBurn
    I'm not arguing anything. It's the scientific definition of life. Take it however you like.
    Um, it's still contradictory though. Does life begin when the baby is born, or when the baby first feeds? If it's the latter, a baby that is born but can't feed is not "alive", and therefore was not alive when it was born, contradicting your statement that your "scientific" relatives believe that life begins at birth. Just looking for clarification.

    First you claim the term has no real meaning.
    No, I think we have established that the political meaning is "scary looking". But putting words into other people's mouths is what you're best at, after all.

    Then when presented with the real meaning, you want to use a politician's arbitrary definition of the term. That's pure genius.
    In a political discussion, if you say "assault weapons", we're going to assume you mean "assault weapons" in the political sense. It makes perfect sense to a rational person. We can't be helped if your ignorance of the subject leads you to use words that have a political meaning without realizing it.

    Module even specifically stated he assumed you were referring to the recent assault weapons ban, and being the classy person you are, your first response is "LEARN TO USE A DICTIONARY STUPID!" Just another piece of evidence in the "FreezerBurn is both clueless, and a complete *******." category of facts.

    Translation: I've got nothing, but here's a cute reply to draw attention away from my failure to back up my opinions.

    Way to go, champ. Way to go.



    ------------------------------------------
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

  8. #138
    Banned Bortaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Por la frontera con México.
    Posts
    11,496
    So, Freezer, you made a blanket statement labeling a large portion of this forum's membership as fat, white racist homophobes, and when asked for proof, you yell "Smeg did it!!!!", and expect us to take you seriously?

    I know you have a reason not to want to post links (since you lost all credibility in that field), but come on...you need to support your racist propaganda. And yes, I think singling out "whites" as racist and homophobic is, indeed, racist itself. Even if YOU are white.




  9. #139
    Off Topic Moderator DOC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Who wants to know?
    Posts
    2,130
    My hope is that Llad will be back, call me old fashioned but I miss it when anyone leaves or get flamed, the more they are hated, the more I love and defend them.




  10. #140
    IncGamers Member HAMC8112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    5,088
    Quote Originally Posted by DOC
    the more I love and defend them.
    How about we call you supermod? :smiley:




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •