Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 9 of 315 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    60 pgems = pul lem = dracs
    40 pgems = pul = gores

OR 1 single lucky forge or item drop (A shako, tal's ammy, java skiller, etc. would be enough)

Another way is to get hold of 1 or 2 keysets. That can fetch an um, which can get you those items.

And if you can't get hold of 100 pgems in several months of game play, there is a problem. Also, those items are "Mephable", so they can be considered as poorman.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimeCraze
    60 pgems = pul lem = dracs
    40 pgems = pul = gores

OR 1 single lucky forge or item drop (A shako, tal's ammy, java skiller, etc. would be enough)

Another way is to get hold of 1 or 2 keysets. That can fetch an um, which can get you those items.

And if you can't get hold of 100 pgems in several months of game play, there is a problem. Also, those items are "Mephable", so they can be considered as poorman.
    Thanks for the advise. pGems are no problems, I acquire 5 or so a session. Getting the "pul 4 40 pgms" trade can take a bit of time to find though. I've found the price to be creeping up as the demand for Uber gear is exceding supply - I assume this will settle down again in time.

Did my first Tristram run yesterday based on your build with a Paly I've been building for a couple of months now. Died 3 times, more due to the Uber surprise attack (they are fast and wicked) but got a Necro Torch and SOH in the end.

I've started a second keyset to sell for a rune/Drac's. Got 3D, 1H, 0T at the moment.

For the time and number of reruns it takes to acquire pGems/keys etc, to generate the wealth necessary for a Drac's, I still don't regard it as a cheap item. I regard cheap as less than or equal to Lem.

IncGamers Member
    That's probably already enough keys to get the items. Anyways, a very cheap alternative is to use a life tap wand. Those are shoppable, and you can cast on ubers first before attacking. That would save you a few rejuv's, and I personally use it even though I have dracs. I have heard of stories of some guy using that for smiting. As for keys, 1 in every 15 runs should give you one, from what I heard. If you are using a sorc and can run all 3 key holders in 5 minutes or so, it's not hard to get the gear in 1 day or 2 (assuming you play 1~2 hours a day).

*anonymite. Of course you can skip defiance and blessed aim skills and pump other utility auras instead. The core of the build is zeal,sacrifice,holy shield and fanaticism. For PI's you just zeal with a weapon that deals big elemental damage,like azurewrath. Or keep gimmershred on switch,this way you can zeal immunes and throw them vs IM.

*tmorrow. In europe scl prices,low dracul's and low gore riders already go for pgems,so a few weeks of play should be enough to afford these. If you farm hell andy gores shouldn't be a problem while dracul's are common in hell travincal. I'm glad that you found Anime's advice helpful.

IncGamers Member
    Just to let you know kingdryland, I have started this build, and I am on level 65 at the moent, he he woops in PvM with grief pb and CoH. I can't wait to start tristing, thanks for the great guide.

IncGamers Member
    I have a question.

How many total (hidden) res should someone have for uber trist? Because i am thinking of using a griswold shield with 2pdiamonds and a jewel for reduced requirements (to save some stat point and put them to vitality).

Thanx in advance.

IncGamers Member
    Thanks for a great guide. One quick question please. I have not come across an accurate zeal calculator, but from what I know, + skills to a maxed fanaticism aura does not have an effect on zeal speed. Thus, I have to rely on IAS from gear. I note that you said the following:

(Quote)The only thing that could change here is the weapon and belt. Astreonís is my choice in this price range,and the important mod is once again +damage. If a good one is expensive,a low one should be much more affordable. Use a 15% ias jewel in it and nosferatu belt for max zeal/smite speed. In this case actually our crushing blow is at 98% again, so one of duress/guil face/gore riders can be replaced. I recommend to use a different armor, because guil face and gores offer deadly strike for our zeal. Prudence would be a nice option, among others.(Unquote)

This will be the setup that I will be using. A search on google for 'weapon speed calculator' shows that I need 40% IAS for a maxed zeal speed and a 35% IAS for a maxed smite speed. With 10% IAS from Astreon's, I'll need 30% and 25% respectively, based on that calculator. But as you say, I'll only need a 15% IAS jewel and Nos's 10% IAS for max zeal/smite speed. That's 5% less IAS for maxed zeal speed compared to that calculator.

So I'm confused. Exactly how much IAS from gear do I need for maxed zeal speed and maxed smite speed, when using Astreon's with its inherent 10% IAS factored in?

Thanks.

PS. Sorry for posting this question. I'm sure you've had thousands of people ask you about IAS for a specific gear setup. But any zeal/smite calculators that I have come across always seem to have questions over their accuracy, including the other one posted in the paladin compendium. It would be nice if there was a zeal and smite table/calculator that is accurate.

This is version 1.0 ,and unfortunately I can't edit the initial post. I miscalculated ias needed for redeemer and astreon's, and it should be fixed in 1.1, I may ask heav if she has the time or will to post a correction. Anyway, Astreon's needs at lvl 20 fanaticism an extra 30% ias from gear for zeal and 25% from smite indeed. If you want to hit max speed for zeal and smite use nosferatu and highlord's or nosferatu and shael in the scepter. From my experience,the german calculator seems accurate,and in accordance with pen and paper calculations and in-game testing,when it comes to zeal/smite speed. By the way, as fanaticism level increases,ias increases too but with diminishing returns,so that's not the case here.

IncGamers Member
    An additional 30% IAS for max zeal speed using Astreon's it is.

Thank you indeed.

PS. The german calculator went up to fanaticism slvl 50 with no change to the zeal attack speed. In fact, fanaticism stopped being a factor in zeal attack speed from slvl 4-5. Which is one reason why +skills is less important for a zealot compared to other builds, I guess.

Actually it is a matter of the base weapon speed. Do a test by assuming your base weapon is something slow like an ettin axe. At lvl 20 fana it requires 90% ias,at level 27% (that can be attained with torch,anni,highlord's and hoz/alma/exile) it requires 80%...