Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 314 of 315 FirstFirst ... 214264304310311312313314315 LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 3147
    IncGamers Member

Re: The 1pt smiter guide to Uber Tristram v 1.0.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinLong View Post
    I'm still surprised you are low on AR.

My current issue: I got rid of CoH and now I'm hurting for res. I've gotten rid of most of my combat skillers, b/c really they add nothing! Now I need to get more SC w/ Light,Cold and/or Poison res. Fire really isn't really needed there.
    What do you use in place of COH?

I am curious because I'm looking to alternates that are not so bloody expensive. I currently wear duress which I am quite happy with, but my resistances are not as high as I would like them be

Quote Originally Posted by elborrador View Post
    What do you use in place of COH?

I am curious because I'm looking to alternates that are not so bloody expensive. I currently wear duress which I am quite happy with, but my resistances are not as high as I would like them be
    Forti. I do a load more dmg, but come time to meph I run away a couple times or use a load of rejuvs b/c of the lack of res (even w/ fade buff). I have the space for the res charms, but damn they are expensive and hell, I don't think I've found any torches that have paid off the char yet.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinLong View Post
    I've gotten rid of most of my combat skillers, b/c really they add nothing! Now I need to get more SC w/ Light,Cold and/or Poison res. Fire really isn't really needed there.
    Assuming you are going for the cheap rather than min/maxing.

3 +4 resist all SC is still better than 3x +11 specific res (3x +5 is even better). The only time singular res SC is better than all res SC is when you are looking for res in 2 or less classes (it's only marginally better for 2 by 1%)

I used to use Salvation and keeping Treachery on for my resistance problems (I kept Treachery after the fade buff for the IAS) without using HR armor RWs. I cannot remember if I had the resistances maxed, although I am pretty sure I did, since I was using 4x Diamond Sacred Rondache (with 110+ overall resists).

That's what I am doing. And it's far better to get the 10-11 vs 5@ IMO. 2 5@ are needed to equate to one 10 Sres. The life/Single res are cheaper from what I have found and since I have different res for each element, it doesn't make sense to spend a lot on 5@.

Now I have 20/55/76/75 and It's really no issue, I will only fix the cold res if I find better charms, but w/ Exile and Dracs the life tap casting is more then enough to keep meph from hurting me (also since Lightning is now maxed).

Hello, I started to make my smiter for uber tristram, and I need an advice. My equip is like this: Guilla+15ias+11res jewel, draculs, gore riders, credendum, smoke armor, griswold shield (3x UM -> 111 res), ravenfrost, rare resist ring, seraphs hymn amu; The weapons are either Lightsabre or azurewrath, i have both.
    My question is: which of these swords is better to use? and will I be able to go uber trist with this setup? (No charms in inventory; level 85, max fanati, zeal, holy shield, sacrifice....)

IncGamers Member

Probably Lightsabre for its Absorb Lightning effect, neither weapon will give you extra damage in Smite.

If possible, I'd save up for a Grief PB, even a very bad roll one. Even the very worst roll of Grief PB will make your Zeal and Smite very much more effective than possibly Azurewrath and Lightsabre combined. It is also nowhere near as expensive as other (arguable) upgrades such as Last Wish.

OK, i am atm sparing runes and MFing to trade something for Lo rune, but it is pretty tricky to get one. But will I be able to go uber trist even without grief, just with lighstabre?
    and I was wondering, if I really got one Lo rune, is it better to spend it for grief weapon or for forti armor?

pls, somebody answer
    (sorry for dp)

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tigro View Post
    pls, somebody answer
    (sorry for dp)
    Grief, forti is much less effective without a proper weapon.

IncGamers Member

To be frank, you could make do with a Black flail for the massive CB when smiting with an elite pally shield. Fort is less effective in Ubers imho, and I usually recommend stacked resists in the form of COH or Smoke. A Grief is probably a better investment here if you're keen on getting a new weapon. Plus, it serves as a decent pally zealer or barb weapon if you ever want to re-use it somewhere else.