Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 300 of 315 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 3147

Re: The 1pt smiter guide to Uber Tristram v 1.0.

I don't think there's much of a difference between the 1pt smiter and the smiter/zealot, the pure smiter's damage will be a little higher but since both rely on CB to kill the ubers it's not that important to be honest. Still, you'd finish them up a little quicker with a pure smiter, so if you're going to use the char just for ubers and a hammerdin for everything else it would be better, if a bit less proficient at regular PvM play.

IncGamers Member

guys can you explain this to me"

"Here you can use the treachery prebuff trick if you can afford a lem. Put treachery armor one, and go get hit by a monster so Fade will trigger. It will give you for a few minutes resists and 15% damage reduction. From now on this procedure won’t be repeated, it works as an add-on to your resists no matter how rich you are."

So you mean i can only do this trick once per game? once in a lifetime? Also, how long will this buff stay with me? will it be gone if i die or leave/rejoin game?

It means it won't be repeated in the guide, you can do it everytime you want to. Fade is like any other skill (Holy Shield, for example), its duration will vary according to the level it's casted at (check the Assassin's skill info for details) and it'll be gone if you die or exit the game. To activate it you don't need to be hit by a monster, you can go look for one of those fires that damage you continuously and stand in it until it triggers, it'll be quicker.

IncGamers Member

a) As of now, my fanaticism is 29 (says +37% attack speed). If i am to use a Grief PB (+30ias), would this item alone be enough to reach the breakpoint?

b) Im using a HOZ and i'm nearly full on my resist (just need 2 more resist charms which I will soon get). Would it be better to socket HOZ with a cham (cannot be frozen) so I can change my Raven Frost ring to a Bul Kathos ring? (My other ring is a BK already). Or should i go with a ber instead?

a) If you mean the 6 frame Smite breakpoint, you'll reach it with any Grief PB while using Fana, so the answer is yes

b) There's not much of a difference between using a Raven and a BK, you can switch the Raven out but you might miss the absorb if Meph decides to Blizzard you... From those two options I'd go with a Ber instead I think, it'll help out more than 50 extra life and +1 skills in the long run.

IncGamers Member

why ber? Is the -DR that big a deal such that it is greater than a +1skil and 50 life?

IncGamers Member

The +1 skill isn't too important for this build. The dr% is more useful in the long run than 50ish life.

IncGamers Member

Discuss & Debate Re: The 1pt smiter guide to Uber Tristram v 1.0.

Hey guys, I'm just curious
    My char is currently level 84, and wearing the following gear:
    • Guillaume's Face
    • Grief Phase Blade
    • Fortitude
    • Sanctuary
    • Dracul's Grasp
    • Thundergod's Vigor
    • Gore Rider
    • Metalgrid

And has the following skills maxed:
    • Sacrifice
    • Zeal
    • Holy Shield
    • Fanaticism

but his zeal damage is only 764 - 891, is that what I should be expecting following this build? And also another that is rather annoying is that he has trouble hitting, has anyone else had these issues?

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurial View Post
    Hey guys, I'm just curious
    My char is currently level 84, and wearing the following gear:
    • Guillaume's Face
    • Grief Phase Blade
    • Fortitude
    • Sanctuary
    • Dracul's Grasp
    • Thundergod's Vigor
    • Gore Rider
    • Metalgrid

And has the following skills maxed:
    • Sacrifice
    • Zeal
    • Holy Shield
    • Fanaticism

but his zeal damage is only 764 - 891, is that what I should be expecting following this build? And also another that is rather annoying is that he has trouble hitting, has anyone else had these issues?

Thanks for the help.
    For Grief, the damage bonus from the +damage modifier does not show up on your screen. You seem to have a decent-to-solid figure at the moment. Also, do realize that a LOT of your damage does come not only from the numerical damage you're doing, but also Crushing Blow, Open Wounds, Venom, and whatnot.

What does he have trouble hitting?
    Chance to hit depends on a) your attack rating and b) enemy's defense rating.
    The formula for it is this:
    Chance to Hit = 2 * atlvl / (atlvl + dflvl) * AR / (AR + Defense) ; multiply by 100 to get CtH in %
    Where atlvl= attacker level (you), and dflvl= defender's level.
    Since Grief ignores defense rating, it should be a pretty easy to calculate. Generally though, I don't find that my Zealot has any trouble hitting while using Grief. The occasional miss here or there doesn't really bother me since he strikes 5 consecutive times in under one second.

-Kinky

He might have trouble hitting champions and bosses, since the ITD from Grief only works on regular monsters