Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 315 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    Hey thanks, i got all that stuff now to go make it, another question what lvl would you say you can start to take Ubers, with the gear you just listed

It is not really a matter of level that much,more a matter of gear,skills and total life. I started soloing at lvl 79. Your zeal of course will be more and more accurate as you level.

IncGamers Member
    How is this build for general PvM?

I have a level 17 pally without any skills used yet & I'm lookin for a good way to spend em :smiley:

Having considered building a PvP Zealot with my Eth Death BA, I did a few calculations for required IAS to reach 4-frame Zeal.

I just wanted to comment that with a level 36 or over Fanaticism, the required IAS% for 4-frame goes down from 56% (effectively 60%) to 54% (effectively 55%). You current suggested IAS setup, LoH+Highlord's+Nosferatu's+IAS jewel, gives a total of 65%. A level 36 Fanaticism, which will of course require Offensive GCs, will allow you to switch out your belt.

I don't know if you consider the sacrifice in charm versatility worth the switch of the belt. But I figured I might as well point it out.

Great guide! Really nice job.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Durban Poison
    How is this build for general PvM?

I have a level 17 pally without any skills used yet & I'm lookin for a good way to spend em :smiley:
    Eh......, it's a zealot? They PvM just any other fanatic zealot you see? Usually, they do decently if you are not absolutely broke.

Thanks for the feedback exile ,very appreciated :smiley:

As for pvp,what is the rest of your gear gonna look like?

*Durban Poison. This guide is nothing new really. Fanatic zealots are very well known and played. No worries, you can solo the game and tristram with this class.

A cheap and effective setup will be:

Guil face helm. You get 35% crushing blow 15% deadly strike,fhr,strength and defense almost for free.

Gore rider boots. Similar stats to guil,this one usually goes for a middle rune,lem or so.

Dracul's. Life tap. And the rest of the stats are good too,strength,leech,open wounds. These go for a little bit more on ladder.Still affordable.

Duriel's shell armor. Resists,,life,strength...low price.

Crescent moon war spike. Now the choices are usually berserker axe or phase blade to make this. But since we have fanaticism we might as well rule out the phase blade and choose something with higher average damage. A war spike is that exactly,and you still hit max zeal speed with highlords only. This weapon provides itd so you won't be needing much attack rating,open wounds and the very nice effect called static field. Great option if you can't afford a stormlash.

string of ears belt. It is cheap and provides this needed amount of % damage reduction melee chars need.

*Correction for those who read the gear suggestions and are interested in Redeemer. A shaeled one requires normally 40% extra ias,so you should use in addition extra 15%ias jewel somewhere (gris shield comes in mind) or highlord's/cat's eye (if you can't afford highlord's that is).

IncGamers Member
    Well, I realized that heaven's light is not quite enough to zeal with. My IK barb seems to be able to kill at least twice as fast as that guy. Since I ended up getting a very good (but useless since I have another) sorc torch, I am going to get a grief now (dispite the fact that I don't really like dupewords that much).

Edit: I also realized that you can indeed die in trist, from stupidity. Maybe you should have a warning to people doing trist NEVER to have anything like zeal set on your life tap wand, among with about 50 other things that can go wrong (merc luring all 3 ubers out, etc.). That costed me.

Thanks anime, I'm gathering info for v 1.1, this time with credits to the bottom. My last death in uber trist was after all three and all minions were dead, but two (2) pitlords. My antispyware kicked in and sent my diablo game to background...Priceless . When you get your grief and test it,let me know of your impressions.

Another idea I got today for the poor players is the usage of a shaeled wizzardspike vs mephi. Max speed and huge resist stacking and mana...I don't believe I'm the first one that thought of that so If someone has tested it pls post. I think I'm gonna smite mephi with it next time...

Personally, in Uber runs, I use a Silence PB. All the resistances of Wizardspike but with an extra +2 Skills. But yes, Wizardpike is a great choice for poorer players.

The rest of my gear was undecided. The problem was that I really wanted AR/Life charms, but the build might benefit a lot from Offensive charms. Anyway, the gear was:

Setup 1:
    Eth Death BA
    ED/30IAS CoA
    ED/15IAS Leviathan
    Eth Up Zod HoZ / Eth Exile
    Up Bloodfist [with Offensives] / Magnus [with AR/Life]
    Verdungo's
    Gores
    Angelics

Setup 2:
    Eth Death BA
    ED/15IAS Andariel's
    Cham [Offensives] / ED/15IAS [AR/Life] Up Shaft
    Eth Up Zod HoZ / Eth Exile
    Magnus [Offensives] / Bloodfist [AR/Life]
    Verdungo's
    Gores
    Angelics

I didn't have enough gear to complete either setup, but yeah, I was just testing it out anyway. :smiley:

Switching out the Angelics for Highlord's/Raven/Raven would make it easier. Note that Setup 1 lacks CBF.

Well I think that in zeal vs zeal angelics are almost a must...

How about your setup no 2 with 15ias/ed up shaft,magnus and that ed/30 coa? Could work too. 65% ias for max zeal speed with death and certainly max DR% from coa,shaft and dungo. Allows you to keep angelics and use ar/lifers...You could cham something or use trang belt or something with cbf.