Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 104 of 315 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 3147
    IncGamers Member
    I was wondering if someone could tell me how to "lure" or "wake-up
    meph and where each uber is located (ie. who is closest to the top/bottom/left/right of trist).

IncGamers Member
    I think this is the best guide written here, at least in the Paladinsection! Can't repeat a good thing enough times

I'm going to try this one after my hammerdin.

IncGamers Member

1pt Smiter

I know this post has been around for some time, but I wanted to make a comment on the build for PvM and a piece of advice that worked wonders for me.

I made the 1pt smiter with: Gface helm, Fort armor, Grief phase blade, gores, nos coil belt, drac's gloves, ravenfrost ring, rare ring with resists, amulet +1 skills + all resists (switch off with +3 combat skills ammy for better HS casting) and a Spirit RW shield (need a HoZ but this one is not bad at all as long as you get some good base resists).

The one problem I have with this build is that while for the most part it chews through most creatures and bosses still drop like sacks of wet crap, Phys Immunes are still a bit of a problem because smite doesn't affect them and Grief does minimal dmg against them so it takes some time to drop them. Heck, 1 phys immune hell ancient took a LONG time to kill. I have 3 recommendations for dealing with them, one might cost you a little bit:

1) Get a nice offhand weapon/shield for switch to handle phys immunes. Myself, I have a Demonlimb for the +fire, and use Tiamat's Rebuke shield (up it if you can for extra def) because of +elemental damages + resists.

2) Find a wand for offhand switch that has Amp Dmg charges. It will cost you money to repair it, but money really is no object with this build. It comes easy and fast, especially if you carry a gheed's.

3) Keep a spare Necro in your back pocket so they can Amp Dmg your PI enemies

Option 1 works not too bad, but will still take a little time to kill phys immunes. If they're stoneskin as well, even longer.

Option 2 works fantastic! Normally I can make do with option 1, but when you run into a crowd of nasty PIs (ghosts, specters, hell temptress thingies) or hit a boss that's PI, this little guy is well worth it. A decent amp dmg level of the charges will give you some time to pound away with Grief or smite.

Option 3 is, well... I guess it depends on who you play with

Now, I already had the gear ready to go and just swapped it out when I hit the required levels so it made things a bit easy for me, but one of the keys to this build is resists AND defense. I decided to max fanat, HS and defiance FIRST and only put enough in zeal to get 5 hits - since I had my sick damage grief blade waiting in the wings for lvl 59. Worked on sac/zeal after these. I took a nice stroll through hell diff this way (minus time spent dealing with phys immunes). With a decent fort (mine's 1484, made from a sup dusky @ 533 def), and other items for defense then maxing HS and Defiance, as well as getting chilling armor kick in when hit (easy enough since it's 20% chance) my def sits at about 20K. Most creatures have 15% or less chance to hit. Combine that with max block, good resists, lifesteal from nos and drac's, and lifetap from dracs, you're rocking.

Just a few notes though, Even with this tank-like build, you still need to take care in a few areas, the main one of which is the halls of vaught if you go up against tomb vipers because of that nasty invisible field of butt-kickery. The other thing is that because I maxed fanat/hs/defiance first (in that order), I noticed things are rather slow and a little more difficult until about level 30-35 since you're saving up your points to max fanat first. But after 30-35 or so, things start to come fast if you have some other items to help you along the way, especially a half-decent weapon until level 59 when you get your phase blade. I recommend Aldur's Rhythm (lvl 42 req) in that case since it has nice +dmg and +ias until you can get your Grief on. Cheers!

-Dij

IncGamers Member

Fury vs Grief

Awesome smiter build there, Kingdryland!

Question: Which is better, PB Fury vs PB Grief?

My character setup:

Guillaume’s face helm / Harlequin Crest shako (+15 resist all jewel) / Delirium runeword helm
    HOZ (P. diamond)
    Gore Rider
    Ring - Resist all & Carrion Wind
    Fortitude (dusk shroud)
    Venom Grip gloves
    Lifetap wand on switch
    + 3 combat skill amulet

Could someone enlighten me on:

1. Fury's +ED% vs Grief's +dmg
    2. the benefit of +deadly strike vs +crushing blow; which is better for ubers and minions?
    3. All else constant, fury / grief?

what the best way to distribute stats when building this 1pt smiter? does it go like str at least-120 lets say, dex-100 at least, vit-everything else, mana-nothing? or some pts in mana?

@ dijital:

I recommend using an Azurwrath instead... 250-500 cold damage + 250-500 magic damage...

Or, if you can't find one, or for some reason you can't afford one, use a Passion rune word in a 4os phase blade... Berserk is an awesome skill that mows through physical immunes...

@ mode:

Grief, hands down... The + damage applys to smite as well, where as ED doesn't...

Deadly strike doesn't work with smite IIRC... Crushing blow is what drops the ubers... However, when you are using zeal in non-uber aplications, the combo of deadly strike and crushing blow is incredible... Every so often, you'll do up to 4 times your normal damage IIRC...

Also, Grief just chews through most anything... Just watch out for Iron Maiden... Go with Grief...

Next, your set up... Forget venom grips... They aren't going to help you a bit with Uber Trist... Get dracs... You NEED the life tap... Drop the +3 amulet for something that gives you resists... Other mods are nice, but anything that gives resists will be much better... Rings, Carrion is good for normal aplications, but when you get into Uber Trist, the only one that will help will be the resist ring... If I was you, I'd go with a Dwarf Star, and a Raven Frost... The absorbs rock... Keep and socket the Guillaume's Face with something that gives resists... Um, or resist all jewel... If you find an all resist jewel with ED or something, use that...

What belt? If you have it, use either Thunder God's Vigor for the absorb, or String of Ears for the Life Leech... Verdungo's is also a rocking belt that comes highly recommended... What charms? You'll need plus life charms, and resist charms... Faster hit recovery is also a good thing to have too... If you make those changes, you'll do well...

@ bobbyjr:

When you come out of the portal, go north towards the river... When you get to the river, follow it west towards where you'd normally find Wirt's body... From there, follow the wall south about mid ways down... There will be a pile of big rocks I think... From here, you need to VERY SLOWLY head east toward the center... You need to aim your character in between the two buildings where Griswold is normally at... You'll soon here a sound like and egg hitting a hot frying pan, and skellies will pop out of the ground... Meph will be on your butt in like half a second...

After that, you'll be able to tank the other two easily... But, if you want to space them out, I think that Diablo is closer to the spot where Cain's cage was at, south of the town center, and Baal is just at the start of the ally close to the potal, east of the town center...

@ Megafusion:

I wouldn't go over 100 for str... 90-100 is always a safe bet, and if you need more, use charms to make the difference... Dex can be a pain sometimes, since 136 is needed for phase blades... I think Raven Frost helps with this, and charms will always be your friend... But, again, I'd have to say 90-100 is a safe bet... Perhaps more will be needed... But, I doubt it... Never cheap out on Vit... You want to aim for around 1600 life or more... Never put anything in mana... You don't need it... Baal has a nasty mana burn, but that is what pots are for... If you get hit with mana burn in normal play, it isn't that big of a deal since a few of the items you will be wearing will have mana leech as well...

*Requiem_Death

aright, thanks a lot..

IncGamers Member
    sorry to repost, worried my post is too far back to be answered
    Quote Originally Posted by felnar View Post
    i finally got my hands on the runes for exile
    but now, what shield to make it in?

i was thinking a zakarum shield would be good for consistent damage and def
    which pally shield is the best base for exile?
    more defense? more block%?

i already have these two shields as options:
    kurast shield, 167 def, +32 all res
    etheral sacred rondache, 213 def, +19 all res (is this enough resist?)

thanks for any advice
    -felnar

Quote Originally Posted by felnar View Post
    sorry to repost, worried my post is too far back to be answered
    Don't waste runes for Exile in a non ethereal sheild... Your sacred rondache is a little low on the resist end for my taste... If I had a choice, I'd go for either a good ethereal sacred rondache with at least 30 resist all, or an etheral vortex for the high defence/damage... Although, a Zakarum is really sexy... Votex shields are hard to come by, so shoot for any of the other elete shields as long as they are ethereal, and have a good resist... For the record, I have an ethereal sacred targe Exile with around 30 resist all, and I love it... It rocks!

Sacred Targe has the highest block %... Vortex has the higest defence... Kurast shields are a nice balance, so if you are concerned about both, go with the Kurast... It's also just behind a Vortex shield with the smite damage by 5 points IIRC... My vote goes for the Kurast shield... I kinda talked myself into it just now... lol Just make sure it is ethereal!

*Requiem_Death

IncGamers Member
    hi

thx for awesome gide Kingdryland

i just have 1 question, i have all items u puted in the rich dmg part:
    grief pb, metalgrid, gores, guli, tgod, drac, forti, santc in a akaran targe.

i max zeal, sacr, fana, h shield, and rest puting in defience and the question is why do i have only 494 smite dmg?-is that normal??

Thx a lot